So Who Goes TO Make Room?

Who gets moved out?

• Total voters

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I don’t think Spezza goes until Tavares is back at the very earliest.

It sounds like Petan is done though.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I say Petan, Marincin, Shore. Wanna say Tima or Speeza but after Tavares injury I feel more comfortable having Speeza C the 3rd line or even the 2nd line over Shore tbh if it ever came to that again. Tima would be hard to send down because I think he's earned a spot, so unless we trade Kapanen or someone else then I think having Speeza around makes the most sense since he can play wing on the 4th line or C if one of our topC go down with injury like Tavares has.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Are we only able one spare? Otherwise I'd say Petan,Shore, Gravel.
Spezza the extra forward, Marincin the extra D.
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Timashov-Gauthier-Moore
Spezza
Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Holl
Marincin

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Seems like a good time to make a trade, although I'm sure they'll end up waiving a couple guys too.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I think Gravel likely gets sent down as well.

Marancin, Gravel, Spezza and Petan

To be fair, I believe Petan has already been told they're trying to move him to a team with a better fit.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I say Petan, Marincin, Shore. Wanna say Tima or Speeza but after Tavares injury I feel more comfortable having Speeza C the 3rd line or even the 2nd line over Shore tbh if it ever came to that again. Tima would be hard to send down because I think he's earned a spot, so unless we trade Kapanen or someone else then I think having Speeza around makes the most sense since he can play wing on the 4th line or C if one of our topC go down with injury like Tavares has.

Not sure why anyone would want to say Tima, he's looked really good. I'm hoping he's with us for a number of years to come myself.

I'd choose Spezza twice if the poll allowed it.

:laugh::laugh:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Won't this depend on who is waiver exempt and how much cap they need to clear?

Well Hyman and Dermott make about $3.1M between them and any two of the obvious choices only add up to about $1.5M.

So it seems that they need to either send 4 packing or move a higher value contract for futures.

Reactions: ACC1224

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think they hold onto Shore over Timashov. Babs really values that 4th line left side faceoff man/Right side faceoff man on the fourth line. Shore also penalty kills. They may keep Timashov as the extra Forward though. So i think for sure Spezza, Marincin and Petan (Talking about when all 3 of Tavares, Dermott and Hyman come back

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think they hold onto Shore over Timashov. Babs really values that 4th line left side faceoff man/Right side faceoff man on the fourth line. Shore also penalty kills. They may keep Timashov as the extra Forward though. So i think for sure Spezza, Marincin and Petan (Talking about when all 3 of Tavares, Dermott and Hyman come back

yet another nail in babcocks coffin then. You cant send down the guy performing way better than another guy because left/right side faceoff guy

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Well Hyman and Dermott make about $3.1M between them and any two of the obvious choices only add up to about $1.5M.

So it seems that they need to either send 4 packing or move a higher value contract for futures.

Kapanen traded for pick/s gets $100K in the positive just by trading him. $3.2M out $3.1 in that may be the best option, catch is what is his value anything less than a 2nd bare minimum and its 100% not worth it

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Unless they really hate Spezza, they'll likely keep Spezza over Shore for the exact reason you presented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad