Prospect Info: So which Rookies do you hope make the team out of camp?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The only way Manning could be more of a piece of **** would be if he were literally made up of fecal matter.

Even on a godawful defense in the middle of a rebuild he clearly stands out as the worst of the bunch and constantly embarrasses himself.

He's the Vandevelde of defensemen.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
The only way Manning could be more of a piece of **** would be if he were literally made up of fecal matter.

Even on a godawful defense in the middle of a rebuild he clearly stands out as the worst of the bunch and constantly embarrasses himself.

And to think you were his biggest fan the beginning of last season. What happened to you, Striiker??? Don't let a few bad performances from an otherwise stellar Mandog year cloud your mind, my friend.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And to think you were his biggest fan the beginning of last season. What happened to you, Striiker??? Don't let a few bad performances from an otherwise stellar Mandog year cloud your mind, my friend.

I gave him a chance for about 10 seconds after he scored that one nice goal last year, but then he threw that chance away by going back to Manning stye defense.

And it may please you to know that he's been passed in my hate rankings. I hate him the third most now, after Weal and the beat writers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Locks (4): Provorov, Gostisbehere, Gudas, MacDonald.

Likely (1): Manning.

Battling (3): Morin, Sanheim, Hagg.

Longshot (1): Myers.

I see most likely Morin+Hagg making it into the 7 man defense - but it would not be insane if Sanheim had a great camp and forced way onto roster - then Manning moved or stashed in AHL.

If even just Morin + Hagg make it, then you would have to assume Manning or MacDonald would end up as the #7 because there's no point whatsoever in putting waiver-exempt dmen on the roster if they're not going to be regulars in the top 6.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA

I thought he looked surprisingly good last season at times. I did not watch every game though

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I gave him a chance for about 10 seconds after he scored that one nice goal last year, but then he threw that chance away by going back to Manning stye defense.

And it may please you to know that he's been passed in my hate rankings. I hate him the third most now, after Weal and the beat writers.

I get the beat writers, too many lazy low effort guys. Don't understand hating less talented players who made something of themselves through sheer determination and hard work. My least favorite are super talented lazy low effort silver spoon types.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I get the beat writers, too many lazy low effort guys. Don't understand hating less talented players who made something of themselves through sheer determination and hard work. My least favorite are super talented lazy low effort silver spoon types.

I take it as a personal offense that they cause the pixels on my TV to show their stupid faces. How dare they?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The beat writers are already in mid-season form.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...yers-mike-vecchione-ron-hextall-20170911.html

Flyers general manager Ron Hextall opted instead to protect Laughton, cut loose centerman Chris VandeVelde and expose valued veteran penalty killer and fourth-line winger Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. Las Vegas plucked the popular 32-year-old Frenchman.

Who was center and who was the LW on the 4th line for 80 games last season? I couldn't possibly expect someone paid to cover the team would know.

Chris VandeVelde, who played the last four seasons with the Flyers, signed a professional tryout agreement with the Ottawa Senators Monday. The 30-year-old center, who scored six goals and had 15 points in 81 games for the Flyers last season, will attempt to win a spot when the Sens’ training camp begins Thursday. Another former Flyer, Harry Zolnierczyk, is on a PTA with Florida.

Harry Z is apparently working with a school down south.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm angry for even clicking on the link to that terrible article that paints Vecchione as some type of victim, even though training camp hasn't even begun and he is just a few months removed from realizing his dream of signing an NHL contract.

Donnellon is the absolute ****ing worst. Any Flyers article he writes this year is going to make John Boruk look like Bill Meltzer.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's a fairly significant handful of posters on this board who would be far better beat writers than the flaming garbage we have now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he could have waited and signed with LV?

Wherever Vecchione went, he'd basically be fighting for a job, 25 year old college players who went undrafted are rarely guaranteed anything. And he's right, in a good organization he'll get the coaching and the shot to go to another team. He can also look at the roster and see lots of aging veteran forwards at the bottom of the roster, while most of the young forwards in the system are a couple years behind him - his direct competition are Leier, AK, Vorobyov and Martel - and if he can't beat them out, he's probably not going to be a NHL player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My personal preference, if we are only picking 2, is Morin and Sanheim.

We need Morin for our PK and to make it more difficult in and around our net.

We need Sanheim for transition game and PP2.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The beat writers are already in mid-season form.

Who was center and who was the LW on the 4th line for 80 games last season? I couldn't possibly expect someone paid to cover the team would know

On NHL.com, VandeVelde is listed at center and Bellemare at wing. The only way you could think they are actually such is if you never watched a single Flyers game.

What is a lower level organism than a Flyers beat writer? Bacteria? Because that's what Donnellon is.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
On NHL.com, VandeVelde is listed at center and Bellemare at wing. The only way you could think they are actually such is if you never watched a single Flyers game.

What is a lower level organism than a Flyers beat writer? Bacteria? Because that's what Donnellon is.

Samuel "Motrin" Morin. Donnellon brings the laughs every time he writes something about the Flyers.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Samuel "Motrin" Morin. Donnellon brings the laughs every time he writes something about the Flyers.

I still don't get that at all - it's more confusing to me than "groupons" whatever the **** those things are. Motrin is for lady cramps, no? So what in God's hot hell does that have to do with Big Sam? Is he going to give opponents menstrual cramps, and if so, wouldn't that mean that he is making men menstruate in the first place? I went to Catholic school and know nothing about human anatomy, but that seems unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00