Prospect Info: So which Rookies do you hope make the team out of camp?

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
So which Rookies do you hope make the team out of camp?
Other then Patrick I really would like to see Sanheim take the next step.
(How do you do a poll if it is worthy?)

Last edited:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
All the duds like Laughton, Morin, Hagg so it turns out they are Nhl level players after all. Other than that I want Lindblom and Rubitsov to pull a Konecny.

Evergreen

My hopes:

Patrick
Lindblom
Sanheim
Morin
Hagg

My expectation:

Patrick
Lindblom
Morin
Hagg

I'm in the same boat. But I actually wouldn't mind if Sanheim came up sometime around Christmas. Like if someone happened to take out MacDonald's knee caps. [Just kidding I don't wish harm on anyone.]

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Really no one giving Myers a chance? I know it's not like Hextall to have him skip the AHL but he kept him around quite a while last preseason and he certainly was one of the best defenders vying for a spot.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
My hopes:

Patrick
Lindblom
Sanheim
Morin
Hagg

My expectation:

Patrick
Lindblom
Morin
Hagg

This is my expectation also I will be disappointed if sanheim doesn't make the big club but a part of me really wants to see a sanheim/Myers pairing wreaking havoc in the ahl :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think it will be something along these lines...

Lock
Patrick
Two of Morin/Sanheim/Hagg/Myers (really not sure which ones, but I would be willing to bet that two of them are in)

Great chance but may not make it out camp
Lidblom
One more of the four mentioned above

Not likely unless the blow everyone out of the water
Rubstov
Ratcliffe
Frost
The final one remaining of the four defenders

I don't really think there are even any other guys in contention unless I'm missing someone. I doubt Rubstov, Ratcliffe, or Frost make it out of camp, but if they come in and rip it up I think they'll get a serious look. Two of the four big defensemen should be on the team, but I'm not sure if they really want to roll with three rookies on the backend, and certainly not four (not even sure they have the room for that unless they are sending AMac and Manning down and benching one of the other three). Patrick I think is in unless he really underwhelms or gets hurt again. I think Lindblom is close to a lock but they may start him out in the AHL just to get him acquainted with the NA game.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Id like to see (but don't expect to)

Patrick Lindblom Morin Hagg out of camp

Sanheim and Vecchione mid season due to inevitable injuries of others.

Myers Rubsov and a goalie (whichever is the best) out of camp next year

Yes that is a ton of young guns in a short time but I really feel they will all be ready around the same time.

Nothing would please me more than having our top 6 d next year after camp being Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, Hagg and Gudas. That way when we are ready to compete for a cup in 19/20 we have all of the rookie mistakes out of the way.

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site
Lindblom, Patrick, Haag and hopefully Sanheim .....

Patrick will open up so much offensive ice time for Giroux it's gonna be something to watch and having Sanheim will only upgrade the Flyers transitional hockey, potential here for an awesome season.....I expect them to hit their "stride" sometime around the Holidays :nod:

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Id like to see (but don't expect to)

Patrick Lindblom Morin Hagg out of camp

Sanheim and Vecchione mid season due to inevitable injuries of others.

Myers Rubsov and a goalie (whichever is the best) out of camp next year

Yes that is a ton of young guns in a short time but I really feel they will all be ready around the same time.

Nothing would please me more than having our top 6 d next year after camp being Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, Hagg and Gudas. That way when we are ready to compete for a cup in 19/20 we have all of the rookie mistakes out of the way.

This. Really hope that Morin-Ghost make a good pairing and that Hagg can over take Amac role by Xmas as Provys complimentary side kick. That will allow Sanheim to come up on his natural side and be paired with Gudas, which would make a really good 2nd pair.

Provy-Hagg
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Ghost
Manning-Amac

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I think the only sure bets are Lindblom and Hagg with Patrick trailing a tad. After those three, I think Sanheim has a better shot than Morin. I still have reservations with Morin's puck handling ability and could see him losing confidence after a few bad turnovers. Let him simmer down there for another year and work on that part of his game.

IMO, Myers will be in the AHL regardless of how he looks in preseason.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I really want to see Sanheim on the opening night roster out of all of our d prospects. in the few games i caught in Allentown he looked better than both Morin and Hagg. I would much prefer Sanheim and Morin than either of them with Hagg. I just don't think Hagg is anything more than a bottom pairing guy but I think he will at least be solid in that role. I think all 3 of them are better than MacDonald and Manning but I don't see hak not playing at least one of those 2 on opening night so they have a "solid vet". Ideally, I would love to see 3 rookie d this year even if they take their lumps early on. Much better than watching MacDonald stand around screening the goalie or stand next to the open guy in the slot and do nothing but watch him score. not sure I can bear to watch another full year with him in the lineup getting significant minutes. I really hope hextall buries his ass in the minors again. at least the coach doesn't play manning in a top pair role so i can handle him as the 6/7 guy.

on offense, i just want to see Lindblom and of course Patrick. I don't see any benefit to Patrick going back to juniors so even if he plays in a 3rd line defensive role like coots rookie year, it would be better than dominating juniors. I think he offers much more offensively than coots so it would be nice to see him with some talent on the wings. Lindblom has the potential to be the guy that can actually finish plays that G sets up so I hope he makes it too. I can understand sending him to LV to start even though I think he has proven himself to be NHL ready.

Should be a fun year with all of the young talent, it's nice to finally see the dead weight being shed. Not sure we will be better points wise this year but they should be much better to actually watch with all the incoming talent to start the year and more being added throughout the year hopefully.

tytech

Jan 4, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
We're all so excited with all of our prospects that it's a "more the merrier" situation.

There's a couple that I want to see most like Patrick and Sanheim but would be happier if Haag, Morin, Lindblom and Vecchione came (as an example) cause I just want to see more of our prospects in the bigs. The more the merrier. Don't care if we suck this year while they get their legs wet. Expectations are low. Excitement is for the future.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Really no one giving Myers a chance? I know it's not like Hextall to have him skip the AHL but he kept him around quite a while last preseason and he certainly was one of the best defenders vying for a spot.

No reason for Myers to leap-frog Sanheim at this point.

Let him spend a year in the AHL so that he can adapt to the faster and more physical pro game. It will also allow him to get the necessary ice time to hone his skills.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Hope: Myers, Sanheim and Morin, with Hagg good enough to but no space. Plus Patrick and Lindblom.

Expect: Two or Morin, Hagg and Sanheim along with Patrick and Morin.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hope: Myers, Sanheim and Morin, with Hagg good enough to but no space. Plus Patrick and Lindblom.

Expect: Two or Morin, Hagg and Sanheim along with Patrick and Morin.

Morin is getting two spots on the roster??? I knew the kid was big but I didn't realize he needed two full roster spots! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Morin
Patrick
Lindblom
Hagg/Sanheim I would like to see both but 3 rookies on D is a lot. Myers needs to beef up in the AHL for at least a year.
Vecchione I consider him a rookie
My dark horse is Rubtsov. I really like this kid and hope he gives Ron fits.:laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would like to see Hagg, Morin and Sanheim all make it out of camp because that would most likely mean Manning or MacDonald got waived or moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad