Prospect Info: So which Rookies do you hope make the team out of camp?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So which Rookies do you hope make the team out of camp?
Other then Patrick I really would like to see Sanheim take the next step.
(How do you do a poll if it is worthy?)

List players you feel should be included and I can add one. I'd make it multiple choice.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
In order of % chance, my guess would be Patrick, Lindblom, Morin, Sanheim / Hagg; however, it's a lock that one of the Dmen I listed will be on the roster. It will be interesting to see the battle among Sanheim, Morin, Hagg, and Myers. I think Myers would have to be Superman to make it, due to the numbers game. I could see Hagg making it before Sanheim out of perception that he is a "safe" defender who can quietly play on the third pairing.

For the forwards, Patrick and, to a lesser extent, Lindblom would have to play themselves off the roster.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Patrick: sheltered scoring C
Lindblom: #1LW...finally a finisher on LW with Giroux since Hartnell left
Sanheim: all fans who have watched LV have said Sanheim was the best D. Reward him
Morin: Pair with Ghost
Hagg: If Provy can protect AMac, he can protect Hagg. Focus on defense.

Waive AMac, let Manning be the #7 Dman. That gives us someone to call up without having to worry about waivers. And we will likely get guys hurt so he can come up instead of playing Manning.

Trade Manning, Flip, and Read by the deadline. AMac and Vech recalled....maybe Leier if he is still around.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I think Myers will suprise. And Sanheim + Morin will crack the line up as well.
As for Forwards I think Laughton, Lindblom, Patrick make it.

Lindblom--Giroux--Voracek
Weal--Patrick--Simmonds
Laughton--Couturier--Konecny
Raffl--Lehtera--Fillpula

Provorov--Myers
Gostisbehere--Gudas
Morin--Sanheim

Nuevirth
Elliott

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Sanheim: all fans who have watched LV have said Sanheim was the best D. Reward him
Hagg:If Provy can protect AMac, he can protect Hagg. Focus on defense.

Waive AMac, let Manning be the #7 Dman. That gives us someone to call up without having to worry about waivers. And we will likely get guys hurt so he can come up instead of playing Manning.

Trade Manning, Flip, and Read by the deadline. AMac and Vech recalled....maybe Leier if he is still around.

At least with young player there's very likely chance of improvement going forward. It could be even argued that playing with someone as steady as Provy would be putting prospects in best position to succeed. So of course Sanheim will be paired with Amac. The Hakstol method (tm).

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Hagg: If Provy can protect AMac, he can protect Hagg. Focus on defense.

Yea, Patrick, Lindblom and Sanheim are the 3 I want most to make the big team.
Second tier of Morin, Hagg and Myers.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Weal--Patrick--Simmonds
Raffl--Lehtera--Fillpula

Provorov--Myers
Gostisbehere--Gudas
Morin--Sanheim

Nuevirth
Elliott

If they all pan out, that is an all-star defense in the making. I feel sorry for Sanheim being relegated to 3rd pairing but it's so nicely balanced.

Frickley

why am i watching this
Apr 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
My number one hope is Myers, not to say I don't value the other prospects, but the way I see it, the only way Phil makes the team is if he's shown significant development and is the best non-roster Dman in camp and ready for top 4 minutes.

Essentially, I think our defense is boosted the most if Myers is the best D prospect in camp than it is by any of the others doing so. Having a 6'5, nasty, fast-skating, two way right-hander would be a huge boost.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I HOPE Patrick, Lindblom, Sanheim and Myers make the roster.

I BELIEVE Patrick, Lindblom, Morin and Hägg make the roster.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I HOPE Patrick, Lindblom, Sanheim and Myers make the roster.

I BELIEVE Patrick, Lindblom, Morin and Hägg make the roster.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say.

They called up Morin and Hagg last season for a reason, they believe those 2 are the most ready plus they both stewed/developed in the AHL the longest. It's obvious that Ron prefers to have his dmen develop in the AHL unless they can make the immediate jump like Provo last year.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I just wanna see big Sam Morin. The rest is on hak and hexy

From the games I saw him live, I really wasn't all that impressed. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of him but in 6 games over the last 2 years, I thought he looked average playing in the minors, I just can't see how he makes the jump to the NHL if he's only average in the AHL. I really hope it's just that I haven't seen enough of him and I'm wrong but of our remaining best 4 Dman prospects, he's the one I'm most concerned about NOT meeting his projections. Hagg I think has a better chance of becoming a bottom pairing Dman than Morin does of becoming a middle pairing one.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I am gonna go with, Patrick,lindblom,hagg,morin,sanheim. Four of the five, would have to have a horrible camp to not make it, a roster spot to lose scenario. Sanheim, will be the one that has to earn it, prove he's ready, and he is big enough and hungry enough to do it.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Flyers have 12 forwards with one-way contracts + Travis Konecny, so there is no place for two prospects. Unfortunately. Flyers can send Konecny to the Phantoms and take Lindblom instead him, but it`s obviously not a good way for Travis.

About defense. It will be real battle between two stay-at-home D like Morin and Hagg (thought he is more defensive defenseman than offensive) and two offensive D like Myers and Sanheim.

Prediction: Patrick, Sanheim, Hagg. But I hope Myers can take his spot instead Sanheim

Brophy

Oct 18, 2007
Redondo Beach

Weal--Patrick--Simmonds
Raffl--Lehtera--Fillpula

Provorov--Myers
Gostisbehere--Gudas
Morin--Sanheim

Nuevirth
Elliott

most overpaid 4th line in hockey....ever...but I'm down :yo:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Flyers have 12 forwards with one-way contracts + Travis Konecny, so there is no place for two prospects. Unfortunately. Flyers can send Konecny to the Phantoms and take Lindblom instead him, but it`s obviously not a good way for Travis.

About defense. It will be real battle between two stay-at-home D like Morin and Hagg (thought he is more defensive defenseman than offensive) and two offensive D like Myers and Sanheim.

Prediction: Patrick, Sanheim, Hagg. But I hope Myers can take his spot instead Sanheim

Vecchione is waiver exempt though and not exactly like money is a problem - so he could easily be sent down.

Effectively the way I see it there are 15 forwards battling for 14 spots:

Locks (10): Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Konecny, Filppula, Weal, Weise, Raffl, Lehtera.

Very likely (2): Laughton, Read.

Battling (3): Patrick, Lindblom, Vecchione.

14/15 of those guys will be on the roster for opening night most likely.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Vecchione is waiver exempt though and not exactly like money is a problem - so he could easily be sent down.

Effectively the way I see it there are 15 forwards battling for 14 spots:

Locks (10): Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Konecny, Filppula, Weal, Weise, Raffl, Lehtera.

Very likely (2): Laughton, Read.

Battling (3): Patrick, Lindblom, Vecchione.

14/15 of those guys will be on the roster for opening night most likely.

How do you see the defence shaking out?

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

Why do you want the worse of the two players?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How do you see the defence shaking out?

Locks (4): Provorov, Gostisbehere, Gudas, MacDonald.

Likely (1): Manning.

Battling (3): Morin, Sanheim, Hagg.

Longshot (1): Myers.

I see most likely Morin+Hagg making it into the 7 man defense - but it would not be insane if Sanheim had a great camp and forced way onto roster - then Manning moved or stashed in AHL.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Locks (4): Provorov, Gostisbehere, Gudas, MacDonald.

I see most likely Morin+Hagg making it into the 7 man defense - but it would not be insane if Sanheim had a great camp and forced way onto roster - then Manning moved or stashed in AHL.

Sounds good to me! I think Sanheim is ready.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I still say Manning's style of play fits the Flyers much better than AMac, so I'm not sure why he would be a lock over the Dog. Forget contracts. Everyone is so eager to see Manning gone, even though he's perfectly fine as a bottom pairing D-man.

I still say only two rooks make it on D, and I'm hoping it's Morin and Sanheim. Boring Hagg can just move on.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I still say Manning's style of play fits the Flyers much better than AMac, so I'm not sure why he would be a lock over the Dog. Forget contracts. Everyone is so eager to see Manning gone, even though he's perfectly fine as a bottom pairing D-man.

I still say only two rooks make it on D, and I'm hoping it's Morin and Sanheim. Boring Hagg can just move on.

Enjoy the last year of Manning being Flyers property.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00