So when does McDavid go full Lebron and take control of this team?

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
This is very revealing.

Here is the deal...you asked for examples and I provided an article rife with examples.

Now you try and move the goalposts.

When did i move the goalposts?

I even thanked you and liked your posts. You sound very defensive right now. :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
When did i move the goalposts?

I even thanked you and liked your posts. You sound very defensive right now. :D

Sometimes its hard to decipher nuances (sarcasm) with just words.
It kind of appeared as if you were throwing around veiled insults :nod:

EDIT: This doesnt appear to be a very honest discussion on your part.

Last edited:
Reactions: EagerPug

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
@EagerPug

You might want to check the EDIT on my last post. I suspect you will want to make a slight change to your response.

Also...just wondering why you didnt respond to the @rboomercat90 post.

I included it below in the event you missed it.

Are you serious? Have you forgotten about “The Decision”? I hated Lebron for ten years after that. As an Oiler fan in the eighties who was gutted when Gretzky left, I had so much empathy for the Cavaliers fans through that fiasco. They had the best player in the game who, not only was leaving, but wanted to make an ego driven production out of it. I think that was one of the most classless thing Ive ever seen a pro athlete do. I think he came to realize what he did was so reprehensible years later and that’s why he wanted to go back, to try and make up for it. I respect him for that. He still did it though. That example of arrogance is all that needs to be given

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
@EagerPug

You might want to check the EDIT on my last post. I suspect you will want to make a slight change to your response.

Also...just wondering why you didnt respond to the @rboomercat90 post.

I included it below in the event you missed it.

I missed it.

Infact, a few months after the "Decision", Lebron said he wished he had handled it differently.

If that's not an example of GOOD character, I don't know what is.

It sounds like from your thinking that anyone who makes a mistake displays "bad character". It seems like there is more behind your characterization of Lebron than you are letting on, but you haven't spelled it out yet.

I'm more curious why players like Jack Eichel (or any hockey player really) gets a pass for wanting their teams to be better or for going to a better team but when NBA athletes do that then they show a "lack of integrity" or "classlessness" when they want the same things fans want.. to win.

Reactions: fishcolator

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Are you serious? Have you forgotten about “The Decision”? I hated Lebron for ten years after that. As an Oiler fan in the eighties who was gutted when Gretzky left, I had so much empathy for the Cavaliers fans through that fiasco. They had the best player in the game who, not only was leaving, but wanted to make an ego driven production out of it. I think that was one of the most classless thing Ive ever seen a pro athlete do. I think he came to realize what he did was so reprehensible years later and that’s why he wanted to go back, to try and make up for it. I respect him for that. He still did it though. That example of arrogance is all that needs to be given

I have not forgotten about it. As I responded to guymez above, he regretted the way he handled that. That shows good character IMO.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Sometimes its hard to decipher nuances (sarcasm) with just words.
It kind of appeared as if you were throwing around veiled insults :nod:

EDIT: This doesnt appear to be a very honest discussion on your part.

Right back at you. :D

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I have not forgotten about it. As I responded to guymez above, he regretted the way he handled that. That shows good character IMO.
I’ve come to respect Lebron James a lot in the last five or six years. I think he makes a very big effort to be a good human being. I’ve forgiven him for what he did to the Cavaliers fans but it took a long time. Like I said earlier it brought back a lot of those Gretzky memories for me, only it was much worse for them because of how he chose to handle it.

As for on the court, I think it’s become a legitimate conversation as to who the best of all time is. I wouldn’t have entertained the idea before but Lebron’s last couple seasons in Cleveland have changed my mind.

Reactions: EagerPug

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I missed it.

Infact, a few months after the "Decision", Lebron said he wished he had handled it differently.

If that's not an example of GOOD character, I don't know what is.

It sounds like from your thinking that anyone who makes a mistake displays "bad character". It seems like there is more behind your characterization of Lebron than you are letting on, but you haven't spelled it out yet.

I'm more curious why players like Jack Eichel (or any hockey player really) gets a pass for wanting their teams to be better or for going to a better team but when NBA athletes do that then they show a "lack of integrity" or "classlessness" when they want the same things fans want.. to win.

Not at all.
I am saying that he did what he did and its fact. Its on record.
Has he tried to change? Sure...but that doesn't negate what he did. It doesn't make it invisible like you are wishing and hoping.

So the bottom line is that I complied with your request and your response was to be slippery about things and imply that I was being dishonest.

The irony here is obvious. So are your attempts at trying to evade the obvious.

Thats cool....whatever man. Cheers.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think you've said it all with your "conversation" and your posting history. Thanks!

Oh...you are most welcome! :D

Now...where is that ignore button...oh...here it is!
:D

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad