So when does McDavid go full Lebron and take control of this team?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Didn’t Eichel do something like this and get roasted for it? As many have suggested this is more of a basketball thing than a hockey thing. Another thing is McDavid is 21 years old and needs to be focussing on playing hockey and not managing the team. He doesn’t need and shouldn’t have to be involved in that. Lebron did what he did but he was a lot older and in a position to handle it.

Reactions: guymez

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
@LittleFury

What? Who of us is saying that? None of us should be saying that.

Connor has star power help in Draisaitl and RNH. We just have a **** bottom nine compared to other teams.

I don't think one other star player is good enough (sorry, but RNH is not a star) when the rest of the roster is overpaid slop.

This team needs at least two players as good or better than Nuge AND a competent bottom end of the roster to ever have a hope of contending.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I’ve hoped for disaster for every other team in the league for as long as I can remember. That’s not really a new thing.

True...but its not going to make me feel better about this s*** show just because another team might run into cap issues.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
A house cleaning is going to happen. You can only hope the next GM and POHO are actually half decent at their jobs.

Theres not much else McDavid can do and he's way too classy to force anyone out of the org. That's on Nicholson to do that.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
A house cleaning is going to happen. You can only hope the next GM and POHO are actually half decent at their jobs.

Theres not much else McDavid can do and he's way too classy to force anyone out of the org. That's on Nicholson to do that.

Except Nicholson should also be tossed on the heap.

Reactions: Aerrol and Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Except Nicholson should also be tossed on the heap.

Well that's part of the thing, Connor is not going to get involved with multiple people losing their jobs like that.

The Oilers either hire a semi competent GM and POHO or not, that's on them now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think one other star player is good enough (sorry, but RNH is not a star) when the rest of the roster is overpaid slop.

This team needs at least two players as good or better than Nuge AND a competent bottom end of the roster to ever have a hope of contending.

Agreed with that. Hall was a Draisaitl tier player who's better than RNH.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
I would assume his agent is at least keeping a handle on the GM search process. I don't think McDavid wants to wake up one day to news that Darryl Sutter is our new GM, for instance.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
It would be nice but I'm 100% sure that McDavid is just some hockey jock that doesn't want to point at the incompetent management for professional reasons unfortunately.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Would his agent not have brought to Bob's and/or Katz's attention by now that if they don't get rid of the resident clowns, that he won't be there in a couple years? It has to happen.

images

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I actually can't believe he hasn't snapped yet.

This speaks volumes about Connors character.
It sure does appear like the quality of the person is at the very least equal to the quality of the player.
Very very rare to find a player like this.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
If I could draw and could go back in time I'd do a comic series on the oilers. It would go on and on like garfield.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I agree it's never going to happen. Overturning an entire organization is very difficult. Things have to be done gradually.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
It won't happen, mostly because Connor doesn't have the arrogance but, also, the NHL has a salary cap. If there wasn't one, Katz would open the wallet to get whoever Connor wanted.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is Connor McDavid.....first thing he does after a humiliating defeat is visit with 4 year old Tristan who has to go in for a medical procedure.
Connor wrote on Tristans Jersey....:You are so strong".

Dys1q7YVAAEVDua.jpg

Dys1s93VYAEaK5o.jpg

Dys1ufbU0AAOg8Q.jpg

I have no doubt that Lebron does this PR stuff as well but I am confident saying that there isnt even an ounce of Lebrons arrogance and self serving attitude in Connor.

Last edited:

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
This is Connor McDavid.....first thing he does after a humiliating defeat is visit with 4 year old Tristan who has to go in for a medical procedure.

Dys1q7YVAAEVDua.jpg

Dys1s93VYAEaK5o.jpg

Dys1ufbU0AAOg8Q.jpg

Safe to say that there isnt even an ounce of Lebrons arrogance and self serving attitude in Connor.

Man what a class act. I will never understand why some people are McDavid haters. The guy has the combination of elite skill, team first mentality, and has this dedication to his fans and community. What a great person. I honestly really hope he is able to break some records and win some cups, even if it is later in his career and not with this organization. This guy deserves good things.

Reactions: guymez

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Safe to say that there isnt even an ounce of Lebrons arrogance and self serving attitude in Connor.

LOL

It's a fascinating trend in society that in order to build up someone, people feel the need to put down others. Connor is very charitable with his time but so is Lebron James.

• Lebron paid for 1000 kids to go to college
  • He started a school for at-risk youth in Ohio that is fully paid for for all children who attend.

Infact, I don't believe there is another athlete that has focused more on children than Lebron James (I could be wrong about this) but he's "arrogant and self serving" according to you. ahahaha.

Leon Draisatl is also donating $1.2 million total to local charities for the next 8 years. We are very lucky to have Draisatl, McDavid, Nuge, Lucic and all the other players who donate so much time to children in the community. Frankly, these athletes in all sports make a lot of money and fortunately the good ones (yes even including Lebron) give back to the communities.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

What a f***ked up post.

Teen with terminal illness receives touching delivery from LeBron James
LeBron takes time to give Special Olympian props, makes teen’s day

This is on top of the millions of dollars the guy gives to charity every single year.

The problem with hockey culture is people think being loyal to a fault is a virtue and having a personality is a sin.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Dys1q7YVAAEVDua.jpg

Dys1s93VYAEaK5o.jpg

Dys1ufbU0AAOg8Q.jpg

That's great to see McDavid come out and do that for the little tyke and his family.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid should be selfish through his agent. Look at "Bron". Pelicans got so mad at his tampering they just embarrassed the lakers and pretended to talk trade and leaked out all of the names lol. SAVAGE

lakers lose their next game by almost 50 lol

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc

Don’t you ever talk about Feral Pine Marten that way again. Nuge is Huge and is absolutely a star.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
What a f***ked up post.

Teen with terminal illness receives touching delivery from LeBron James
LeBron takes time to give Special Olympian props, makes teen’s day

This is on top of the millions of dollars the guy gives to charity every single year.

The problem with hockey culture is people think being loyal to a fault is a virtue and having a personality is a sin.
It's easier to stereotype an entire league of players, or a particular one in this case, as classless, arrogant and self-centered rather than educate yourself on their philanthropic efforts for some.

Thanks for calling it out. What LeBron has done in his communities and the impact he's had for thousands of children through his various initiatives have been some of the most generous endeavors any athlete has made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad