So when does McDavid go full Lebron and take control of this team?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Agree with the comments on Lebron. Class act who gets actively involved with the community and kids in both his time and money.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Agree with the comments on Lebron. Class act who gets actively involved with the community and kids in both his time and money.
Agreed. He is fantastic in the Cleveland community. He’s stupid and a drama queen but questioning his dedication to being a good person and contributing positively to society is just wrong.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Will McDavid do a Sprite Cranberry commercial?

No?

Then he will never become Lebron.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
LOL

It's a fascinating trend in society that in order to build up someone, people feel the need to put down others. Connor is very charitable with his time but so is Lebron James.

• Lebron paid for 1000 kids to go to college
  • He started a school for at-risk youth in Ohio that is fully paid for for all children who attend.

Infact, I don't believe there is another athlete that has focused more on children than Lebron James (I could be wrong about this) but he's "arrogant and self serving" according to you. ahahaha.

Leon Draisatl is also donating $1.2 million total to local charities for the next 8 years. We are very lucky to have Draisatl, McDavid, Nuge, Lucic and all the other players who donate so much time to children in the community. Frankly, these athletes in all sports make a lot of money and fortunately the good ones (yes even including Lebron) give back to the communities.

What a f***ked up post.

Teen with terminal illness receives touching delivery from LeBron James
LeBron takes time to give Special Olympian props, makes teen’s day

This is on top of the millions of dollars the guy gives to charity every single year.

The problem with hockey culture is people think being loyal to a fault is a virtue and having a personality is a sin.

Wasnt trying to imply that Lebron doesnt do his part in the community. Edited my previous post to make that clear.
I also never said he was a nasty person but he has shown that has has an arrogant and self serving aspect to himself.

Try arguing that he doesnt.

In any event Connor hasnt shown that at all. Period. Please do post some examples.

Last edited:

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Wasnt trying to imply that Lebron doesnt do his part in the community.
I also never said he was a nasty person but he has shown that has has an arrogant and self serving aspect to himself.

Try arguing that he doesnt.

In any event Connor hasnt shown that at all. Period. Please do post some examples.

Try arguing that Lebron does and post some examples since you brought it up. You're building up Connor by putting down Lebron.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Try arguing that Lebron does and post some examples since you brought it up. You're building up Connor by putting down Lebron.

Oh brother...you seriously dont know of any examples of Lebron being arrogant and self serving.

Yeah sure.

Previously I never even mentioned Lebrons drama queen on court persona.
Glad we dont have to watch Conner doing that garbage on the ice.

The fact is that the similarities between Connor and Lebron are few and far between and I am just fine with that.

Last edited:

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Oh brother...you seriously dont know of any examples of Lebron being arrogant and self serving.

Yeah sure.

Previously I never even mentioned Lebrons drama queen on court persona.
Glad we dont have to watch Conner doing that garbage on the ice.

I don't.

Educate me!

Show some examples!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't.

Educate me!

Show some examples!

You can be disingenuous all you want. You expect me to scour the internet just to find you an example because you claim they are so very rare.

Be real man.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Yeah okay man. You can be disingenuous all you want. You expect me to scour the internet just to find you an example because you claim they are so very rare.

Be real man.

Ok, so you have no examples.

Sounds like you're the disengenous one since you can't prove the point you were trying to make :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ok, so you have no examples.

Sounds like you're the disengenous one since you can't prove the point you were trying to make :D

Actually I believe you are smarter than that. I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. :nod:

Let me put it this way....Connor McDavid knows the definition of humility....Lebron James doesnt.

Last edited:

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Actually I believe you are smarter than that. I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. :nod:

You're exposing your lack of character. You made a claim that you can't back up. I provided two examples where he showed good character
I'm disappointed in you. :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You're exposing your lack of character. You made a claim that you can't back up. I provided two examples where he showed good character
I'm disappointed in you. :D

I posted a very late edit to my previous post. I added in the following....

Let me put it this way....Connor McDavid knows the definition of humility....Lebron James doesnt.

Reactions: EagerPug

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don't.

Educate me!

Show some examples!
Are you serious? Have you forgotten about “The Decision”? I hated Lebron for ten years after that. As an Oiler fan in the eighties who was gutted when Gretzky left, I had so much empathy for the Cavaliers fans through that fiasco. They had the best player in the game who, not only was leaving, but wanted to make an ego driven production out of it. I think that was one of the most classless thing Ive ever seen a pro athlete do. I think he came to realize what he did was so reprehensible years later and that’s why he wanted to go back, to try and make up for it. I respect him for that. He still did it though. That example of arrogance is all that needs to be given

Reactions: guymez

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Maybe you should actually read it instead of just dismissing it simply because it doesn't fit your narrative. :nod:

Dud you read it?

He even updates it in 2014 to show how much more 'mature' Lebron is. Frankly, it reads like a spited Cleveland fan who was happy when he finally returned in 2014 lol.

Like I said, you tried

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Dud you read it?

He even updates it in 2014 to show how much more 'mature' Lebron is. Frankly, it reads like a spited Cleveland fan who was happy when he finally returned in 2014 lol.

Like I said, you tried

I did read it.
Its a psychological profile and it details many of the acts of arrogance that Lebron has performed throughout his career.

Its pretty clear actually.
What parts did you find confusing or inaccurate?

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I did read it.
Its a psychological profile and it details many of the acts of arrogance that Lebron has performed throughout his career.

Its pretty clear actually. What parts did you find confusing?

I found your analysis of a 2010 article confusing because you didn't pay attention to the 2014 follow up.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I found your analysis of a 2010 article confusing because you didn't pay attention to the 2014 follow up.

Again...it clearly details Lebrons many acts of arrogance...I dont understand why that is so elusive for you.

You asked for examples...thats what you got.

You should be happy.

Reactions: EagerPug

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Again...it clearly details Lebrons many acts of arrogance...I dont understand why that is so elusive for you.

You asked for examples...thats what you got.

You should be happy.

I am, thank you! You've clarified a lot about my opinion of you. Thanks again!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I am, thank you! You've clarified a lot about my opinion of you. Thanks again!

This is very revealing.

Here is the deal...you asked for examples and I provided an article rife with examples.

Now you try and move the goalposts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad