So...um, what's going on with Kreider?

Green Blob*

Take away that Isles game on the 21st and he has zero points in his last 10 games. Barely noticeable again....was hoping he moved passed that inconsistency issue but it's still alive and well unfortunely.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Slump and his entire line is playing bad of late. Happens, hopefully the break and some time away from the rink will get him going when they come back.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kreider is not a pure goal scorer winger. I think it is incorrect to have high scoring expectations for him, because I think he can effect a game without scoring. The Rangers do not have a pure goal scoring left winger. They might want to look into fixing that.

Green Blob*

Kreider is not a pure goal scorer winger. I think it is incorrect to have high scoring expectations for him, because I think he can effect a game without scoring. The Rangers do not have a pure goal scoring left winger. They might want to look into fixing that.

He is suppose to be....

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
He is still flying out there, stretching the defense, getting around defenders who don't anticipate his speed, throwing the body, going to the front of the net, taking penalties for sticking his beak into the opponent and not backing down to anyone.

I'd say he has done just about everything that could be asked of him considering his age and experience

more scoring would be nice but I think we can say that about everyone in the league with the possible exception of Stamkos and Sidney Slewfoot

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
He hasn't been very effective IMO. Kinda just going through the motions

He still has great speed, takes the body, makes plays. There were a handful of plays the past 10 games where I thought, "Man, Kreider should have had a goal there."

For the most part he's not completely invisible out there when he's playing, but I don't totally disagree because the stats speak for themselves if you're talking about point production. Then again, that whole line is an enigma right now.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
He's got that "I'm not worthy - here Nash, you score" thing going on again. He needs to get more selfish.

It might be a good thing to put him on a line where he's expected to be the scorer. When he feels he's the man on his line, he's a different player.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
you guys focus way to much on pts then the overall big picture.. we're getting scoring on all our lines who cares who does the damage, worry about Ws.. theyre not scoring but theyre playing all playing well

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is suppose to be....

I don't think that is who he is. I think Kreider is at his best when he is creating turnovers, making space for his line mates, and hitting everything that moves. He is physical Hagelin with better offensive tools, but his scoring game is still very raw.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Why can't a rookie be more consistent!!!! Rawr!!!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider IMO had a real good game tonight. 5 shots on goal--he was moving up and down the ice with speed. He looked very involved. Personally I think he played better than both Nash or Stepan in this game. Nash with two really bad penalties. He was also on the ice for Neal's tying goal. He pins Maatta against the boards but Maatta was able to make the pass out in the slot but to me that's more on Callahan and the d-man covering the area behind the goal--especially Callahan.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I thought he's been decent. Getting chances but not burying them, setting up guys who are not burying it. Whatever he's a young player.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Didn't watch the game but lately Stepan and Nash have been garbage. That could have something to do with it.

That line needs to be split, badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad