So...um, what's going on with Kreider?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
While Kreider has skills and speed, he is not one that is going to create offense for himself. What he needs is a playmaker. Like a Zucc.

What he is also doing now, is deferring to Nash on everything. And Nash's centers looks to Nash first.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
He's been noticeable in a good way, true.

But I also notice that he refuses to use his wrist shot or drive the net. In the Oilers game he beat 2 d-men and instead of driving the net or taking the shot, he tried to do that stupid bank in off the pads from behind. Not to mention the countless times he defers to Nash.

He needs to be more aggressive with the puck on his stick, IMO. That's my only concern.

I'm fairly certain that play you're talking about was supposed to be a pass to the short side that Kreider either fanned on or the defenseman got a stick on.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Kreider's a rookie in name only. He played 49 NHL games before this season started.

He's showing some inconsistency. No player is constant throughout their season. Kreider was inconsistent through his college career too.

But his downs of this season are far greater than his downs of last season.

benneyb

May 9, 2009
Oh look it's this again.

Yes, it is. Look at this aspect of his production - 1 assist in his last 22 games. Certainly creating opportunities for his linemates and making them better. Aside from his recent goal streak, he's been basically useless.

27 points in 42 games, at $7.8mm per.

Nash is the least elite "elite" player in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad