So much for the 'Sh-t Northern Division' narrative.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Just eat your crow quietly with some dignity. It probably tastes better than foot.

This goes for all of the lazy turds perpetuating the same narrative.
I've yet to see anything showing that the North isn't the weakest division. You do realize one of the Canadian had to make the final 4 , right? And anyone who saw game 3 between Vegas and Montreal knows how that went down.

Your team is in the league's worst division, and that's totally OK. Montreal has been a nice little story.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I've yet to see anything showing that the North isn't the weakest division. You do realize one of the Canadian had to make the final 4 , right? And anyone who saw game 3 between Vegas and Montreal knows how that went down.

Your team is in the league's worst division, and that's totally OK. Montreal has been a nice little story.

Show some empirical evidence instead of spewing bs narratives please. I've yet to see it from people who make this claim.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
We've seen only 3 games against the Knights, but as a Habs fan, I think Leafs were actually a better team.

Not sure what that means in terms of relative divisions strenght, but what I do know is that this debate is a waste of everybody's time.

Reactions: Fill Kessel

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
.....Did you not understand why people call the north division shitty? or perhaps you just lack the motor function?

Incase its the first option let me remind you why.

Hockey fans said it was shitty because it was sucky teams PLAYING sucky teams which allowed fans of of teams of the north division to actually think their team was good.

So instead of arguing against that you made a strawman arugment.

Well done:thumbu:

...so that would mean that Vegas are a sucky team as well, since we've also beaten them twice so far in the three games we've played them, by your logic (or lack thereof, I should say)...so the only straw here is what you've brought here...it's OK, you're hurt and we should all respect your feelings...I hope you get the help you need, amigo...stay strong!!...:thumbu:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Guys, you said a week ago - if the Habs made it to playoffs, it means the North is weak ! What changed now from then ?

Did you know that I never stated that and also the entire U.S or whoever you are shoehorning into the boogeyman aren't a hivemind? who knew Humans have individual thoughts!

If humand didn't then we'd be in trouble because that would mean Voldar the peak of human inteligence.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
They've been reusing something like this narrative forever. It makes sports casters seems like they know something you don't.

For years they talked about the "west is so much better than the east". But really? Cause of Chicago that played a Easter style?

Grass is always greener.

Where hockey matters hockey gets played hard.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Look at all the northerners getting so defensive. There's gotta be a weakest division, no need to take it personally. The Habs being up 2-1 doesn't do anything to somehow make the division better after an entire season. Montreal is a great cinderella story though.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
A single team going on a Cinderella run does not mean the rest of the division is good.

The series is also not over.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
I'll never quite understand how this narrative got created this year and has taken on a life of its own.

The divisions didn't play each other this year...even now it's just 1 team vs one Division vs the other.

How can divisional strength be established when the teams didn't face each other? Lol

Even if the Habs beat the Knights...all it proves is that the Habs were better for *this* series.
You make too much sense for this board.

Reactions: 417

voldar

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal
Did you know that I never stated that and also the entire U.S or whoever you are shoehorning into the boogeyman aren't a hivemind? who knew Humans have individual thoughts!

If humand didn't then we'd be in trouble because that would mean Voldar the peak of human inteligence.
I only asked a simple question to something you brought up. Sorry, but you are so many around here that I can’t keep the count for whoever says what.

And to be true, from what I've seen here, there is more of a cult-like behaviour than anything else. So yeah, individual thoughts are rare in this environment.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

I saw a team battle back after a gaff and carry the play in overtime while the refs willingly ignored penalties like the high stick on Perry. Montreal doesn't care if you outshoot them, they still don't give up a lot of quality chances against for the most part. At the end of the day, both teams had a goal gifted to them and one showed up to play in OT, while the other didn't.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
They didn't prove anything about the North, which is easily the worst division. They were a minute away from losing a very one-sided game at home and going down 2-1, if not for the colossal misplay by Fleury. Sorry, but the North still sucks.

how is that the worst division?? VGK and COL played bottom ANA LAK SJ top 5 worst team all year long.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
...so that would mean that Vegas are a sucky team as well, since we've also beaten them twice so far in the three games we've played them, by your logic (or lack thereof, I should say)...so the only straw here is what you've brought here...it's OK, you're hurt and we should all respect your feelings...I hope you get the help you need, amigo...stay strong!!...:thumbu:
No, I suggest you read again. Don't worry being fluent in a second language is hard.

For some reason you believe that "the north being sucky" means the entire division sucks which includes your Habs, It does not.

It means that the crappier teams such as the ones I listed in my above posts were facing lower competition in each other and getting easier points.

When Bieksa stated at the beginning of the season that the Habs were built for the playoffs more so then the Leafs I agreed with him.

Do I think that the Habs had easier opponents when compared to Vegas? yes!

Do I think that its to soon in the series to crown the Habs as the best team in the league? Yes!

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
how is that the worst division?? VGK and COL played bottom ANA LAK SJ top 5 worst team all year long.
They also played Minesota and St. Louis.

West has 8 teams while the North has 7

North has 3 above average teams while the west has 4

If it makes you feel better the "Sucky" difference is small between both divisions.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They didn't prove anything about the North, which is easily the worst division. They were a minute away from losing a very one-sided game at home and going down 2-1, if not for the colossal misplay by Fleury. Sorry, but the North still sucks.
And if not for the colossal misplay by Staal, it would be 1-1.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
No, I suggest you read again. Don't worry being fluent in a second language is hard.

For some reason you believe that "the north being sucky" means the entire division sucks which includes your Habs, It does not.

It means that the crappier teams such as the ones I listed in my above posts were facing lower competition in each other and getting easier points.

When Bieksa stated at the beginning of the season that the Habs were built for the playoffs more so then the Leafs I agreed with him.

Do I think that the Habs had easier opponents when compared to Vegas? yes!

Do I think that its to soon in the series to crown the Habs as the best team in the league? Yes!

...so Vegas and Colorado feasting on ANA, SJ, and LA was fine, then??...why no "The West was soo weak" when 3 of the bottom 7 teams in the entire League came from there??...cuz...reasons...right??...:laugh:

...I really hope they find a cure for your Bitteritis...I'm praying for you, amigo!!...stay strong!!...:thumbu:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Habs would still be up 2-1 if not the colossal giveaway by Staal...

You're right though, the North does suck but that's because it has the Leafs, Jets and Oilers in it. Win or lose, those 3 fanbases should build a habs shrine in their arenas for carrying this crappy division on their backs

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Really don't like Hab fans boasting. We haven't won anything yet and there is only one outcome that counts.

As for the North and those who say it's a weak division. I agree. We're just happy and lucky to be here. We'll try harder to not offend you.

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3