So much for the 'Sh-t Northern Division' narrative.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I’d rather build like Tampa, but that’s just me.

Okay... what I said about Montreal applies to Tampa too though. They learned that by being swept in the first round 3 years ago despite being the top team in the regular season. Goaltending, depth, big defence the some toughness up front too. These are key to going deep in the playoffs.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Okay... what I said about Montreal applies to Tampa too though. They learned that by being swept in the first round 3 years ago despite being the top team in the regular season. Goaltending, depth, big defence the some toughness up front too. These are key to going deep in the playoffs.
The only similarities between Tampa and MTL is that both have excellent goaltending. Though MTL’s goaltending is only elite in the playoffs.

The roster construction is different, the play style is different, the talent level is different.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
The only similarities between Tampa and MTL is that both have excellent goaltending. Though MTL’s goaltending is only elite in the playoffs.

The roster construction is different, the play style is different, the talent level is different.

Yes, Tampa is better than Montreal. Thanks for that exclusive info. That's not the point I was trying to make though.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Yes, Tampa is better than Montreal. Thanks for that exclusive info. That's not the point I was trying to make though.
That wasn’t my point. The obvious point is that there is a massive difference in roster construction and play style between the two teams. Tampa is built much better in both categories than Montreal. Teams that try to mimic Montreal are going to find themselves as a bubble team at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad