So much for the 'Sh-t Northern Division' narrative.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
How does 1 team from a division winning prove the rest of the division is good? Montreal winning the cup means the Oilers have top players aside from 2 forwards? Winnipeg's crappy D automatically has #1D and some actual top 4 defenseman?
When the narrative has been whoever comes out of the north will get destroyed, how does it not? Especially when they were the 4th best team in the regular season when this narrative was formed.

I'm sure you are the type who if the Habs win will say someone like the Avalanche was actually the best team this year and should be the Cup winners even though they lost in the second round.

ScaryCarey31

Aug 16, 2018
*team from the North makes the conference finals*
Everyone in canada "see we dont suck!"

Its almost as if there wasnt a 100% chance that thered be a canadian team in the conference finals. The north is the NFC East of the NHL. Someones going to make it by default even though nobody deserves it.
So what about that sweep you thought was gonna happen?

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
So what about that sweep you thought was gonna happen?
I don't recall ever predicting a sweep?
This isn't the NBA. There is actual parity in the NHL. I never expect a sweep in any series.
But if your bar for success is 'not getting swept' than good on you I guess?

Last edited:

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
*team from the North makes the conference finals*
Everyone in canada "see we dont suck!"

Its almost as if there wasnt a 100% chance that thered be a canadian team in the conference finals. The north is the NFC East of the NHL. Someones going to make it by default even though nobody deserves it.

Pretty much this. The division was still weak regardless of which team made it.

Reactions: BlueOil and Bluto

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
There are no shit divisions. Thinking otherwise is just stupid. North can hang with any division. Period.

The NHL and the rosters of the teams didn't just poof into existence this year. We have a few recent years worth of history to know that's not true.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
CfKH8g8.jpg

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The best regular season team almost never wins the Cup.

The best playoff team almost always wins the Cup.
I don't know how you can watch your team lose 4 out of 7 times or less and somehow convince yourself that the inferior team won.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Pretty much this. The division was still weak regardless of which team made it.
The only reason why the Habs are where they are is because we took out a franchise center from each team we beat. Not serious, but it sure helped pave the way.

Now we're faced with the best from the west, healthy, and they're not all that impressive. How do you explain that?

Reactions: KidLine93

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Weird how Vegas who lost a tie breaker or else would have been the top team in the league is struggling against the "weak" North division winner. Just goes to show how little every single one of these North division pundits knows about hockey. f*** I love it LOL

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Weird how Vegas who lost a tie breaker or else would have been the top team in the league is struggling against the "weak" North division winner. Just goes to show how little every single one of these North division pundits knows about hockey. f*** I love it LOL
is it a coincidence the top 2 teams in the NHL standings came from the same division where there were so many bottom feeders to prey on all year long? I don't think so

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
Right, there are never moves and players don’t improve and decline. Crazy how that works.

Yeah all the Canadian teams changed so dramatically vs the last 5 years or so that suddenly rather than at BEST one or 2 is a 3rd seed in a division they could hang with anybody.

I suppose next year it will just be a coincidence when those teams records revert to 2019 levels

habsnacks

Nov 16, 2014
And all of this without the Canadiens’ head coach… wasn’t this supposed to end in 4?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yeah all the Canadian teams changed so dramatically vs the last 5 years or so that suddenly rather than at BEST one or 2 is a 3rd seed in a division they could hang with anybody.

I suppose next year it will just be a coincidence when those teams records revert to 2019 levels
It's frustrating when you know something to be true but can't explain it with facts or logic Isn't it.

It's ok, the north sucks *wink wink*

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The best regular season team almost never wins the Cup.

The best playoff team almost always wins the Cup.

Except statistically the best regular season team wins the Cup more than any other regular season ranked team so....they kinda do?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Idk. You look at the teams in the pacific division and a number of Canadian teams have a good shot at playoffs and relatively high seedings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad