So... Let's talk Konecny

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It shouldn't be that hard for someone to admit that Konency turned into a top 6 forward as a 20 year old, but when that person can't even admit that Hak was a bad coach, I guess we can't expect too much.

Pretty ironic considering it's the person who ignores PP points and focuses only on 5v5 scoring,when Konecny is a poor PP performer and one of the best 5v5 scorers in the league.
Also:
- ROR is a 3C
- Myers is a lost sheep who was terrible as a rookie, as bad as Hagg
- Voracek is out of shape
- Patrick is the new Tavares

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There are two kinds of people on discussion boards,

those who intelligently discuss things, doing their homework, treating others with civility, and
those who play "gotcha", deliberately misrepresenting what other posters say to inflate their egos to compensate for small hands.

Reactions: hatcher

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

those who intelligently discuss things, doing their homework, treating others with civility, and
those who play "gotcha", deliberately misrepresenting what other posters say to inflate their egos to compensate for small hands.

"I'd rather he decided to lay off Mama's cooking, get a trainer to "Provorov" him, and come out this season dedicated to playing 200 feet every night," Deadhead

Now you dont have to have some vast degree of the English language to interpret this sentence. It clearly states you think he shows up to play Flyers hockey in half a** shape.

Then after you get called on it....you are the one who misrepresents what you actually said and claims you were talking about 2012. As shown above...you weren't. You are talking about the present.

I'd rather have small hands than your I dont know what to call it...inflated ego?

You claim you want to have an intelligent convo, yet there's nothing intelligent about how you pick off stats, back track and flat out lie when you get proven wrong.

This is a example of that

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
"I'd rather he decided to lay off Mama's cooking, get a trainer to "Provorov" him, and come out this season dedicated to playing 200 feet every night," Deadhead

Now you dont have to have some vast degree of the English language to interpret this sentence. It clearly states you think he shows up to play Flyers hockey in half a** shape.

Then after you get called on it....you are the one who misrepresents what you actually said and claims you were talking about 2012. As shown above...you weren't. You are talking about the present.

I'd rather have small hands than your I dont know what to call it...inflated ego?

You claim you want to have an intelligent convo, yet there's nothing intelligent about how you pick off stats, back track and flat out lie when you get proven wrong.

Ignore list is my best friend and i'm willing to let you use it. :thumbu:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jake
2013-2016:
ES: 39, 48, 32
CorsiRel: 6.8, 7.3, 3.5
E +/-: ---, 14.7, 6.7
+/- total: +7
xGF/60: .148, .171, .228
xGA/60: -.168, -0.017, -.046
EV GAR: 11.2, 8.4, 5.9
PP GAR: 3.8, 4.3, 2.9

2016-19:
ES: 38, 50, 48
CorsiRel: 1.5, 1.5, 1.2
E +/-: 1.9, 5.5, 3.3
+/- total: -30
xGF/60: .014, .073, .054
xGA/60: .081, .083, .119
EV GAR: -3.3, 3.9, 0.8
PP GAR: 1.9, 2.8, 1.6

That's a huge shift.
One explanation I thought of was the decline of Giroux, 2013-16: ES 49, 36, 38, then 26 in 2016-17.
While Voracek fell off that last year, he had a great season the year before when Giroux was slipping.

The last two years he has bounced around, half of 2017-18 with G and Couts, then replaced with TK.
This last year he also bounced between centers, played his best with G and Couts, but struggled with Lindblom and Couts almost as much as with Lindblom as Patrick.

When you realize that TK is also a first-line caliber winger then then getting replaced by him doesn't matter very much.

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Considering the amount of lying you do, you fall into group two. Don't be upset when people call out the inconsistencies that result from building poor arguments on sand.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Maybe you need a sense of humor, that was obviously a parody.
The Mama's cooking was a joke from Voracek's own comments in 2012.
To "Provorov" is a joke within itself, no one is that crazy outside of the bionic Russian.

I don't "cherry pick" stats, quite the obvious, I often put out a spectrum of stats, not all that support my argument, because as I've said repeatedly, there is no "reliable" hockey stat that you can depend on so you need to look at a variety of stats to get a better picture of a player's performance.
So I look at E +/-, xGF and xGA, CorsiRel, WAR. If I could easily find zone entries and exits, I'd look at that too, but I'm not paying for stats.

The real problem is some people will not abide any criticism of their favorites, yet somehow all these great players couldn't get us past 82 points.
I know, it's all the coaching, from Lavi who screwed up in 2012-13, to Berube who was the village idiot, to Hakstol the beet farmer to Gordon.
The star players (HF board favorites) are all elite, and only come up short because of the long string of incompetent coaching.

Being contrary simply means putting forth any opinion that doesn't jibe with the Hive Mind, no matter how strongly supported.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Not a good idea to question appleyards use or knowledge of stats.

Jake has been a top 20 winger for seven years. NoT a FiRsT lInE pLaYeR

lmao. is deadhead actually trying to argue numbers with appleyard? that's like a 5 year old trying to talk science with a nuclear physicist. i almost want to take him off ignore just to see the BS he's trying to spew this time. i can only imagine how idiotic it must be.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers went from being a physical beast who would definitely defend better than wimpy little Sanheim to a lost sheep in a hurry. :laugh:

There's no contraction, Myers is more physical than Sanheim (who said he needs to get stronger this summer, even he recognizes that he got pushed around too much!), but like most rookies, struggled his first couple months.

The difference I don't watch the games with blinders. I'm the one who called Myers "the unicorn," I still think he has elite potential, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna put on my orange colored glasses and pretend he played well last spring. Like Sanheim his first couple months, Myers struggled with the mental part of the game - that's why teams like to start rookies on the third pair with a veteran and let them work their way into more responsibility.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
lmao. is deadhead actually trying to argue numbers with appleyard? that's like a 5 year old trying to talk science with a nuclear physicist. i almost want to take him off ignore just to see the BS he's trying to spew this time. i can only imagine how idiotic it must be.

I like Appleyard's posts, but he plays games with numbers more than I do.

Thing is, when he comes to conclusions you like, you simply don't look into how he got there, if he starts coming to conclusions you don't like, I'm sure he'll go from genius to dunce in no time.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

It's worth the laughs honestly.

Reactions: Rebels57

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

talking-to-a-brick-wall-gif-9.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Many nights last year, TK was the only reason for watching. What a great player.

He and Voracek were habitually possession monsters on offense.

Though when V is orbiting the zone looking to set someone up I'm not expecting him to score if he decides to shoot. TK, I do.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I like Appleyard's posts, but he plays games with numbers more than I do.

Thing is, when he comes to conclusions you like, you simply don't look into howP he got there, if he starts coming to conclusions you don't like, I'm sure he'll go from genius to dunce in no time.

I've been on sports discussion boards for 26 years and I've never seen anyone misapply stats as often as you do.

Part of it is just deliberately using stats the way a drunk uses a lamp post; for support, not illumination. Part of it is just not understanding the context of the stats you use, which leads you to some hysterically off-the-wall conclusions, like ROR, one of the most consistent performers year in year out in the league, had gone from a terrific top 6 C to a mediocre 3C in Buffalo who wasn't worth the package St. Louis gave up for him.

Doubling down on dumb stances doesn't make you right,and you're fooling no one.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Pretty ironic considering it's the person who ignores PP points and focuses only on 5v5 scoring,when Konecny is a poor PP performer and one of the best 5v5 scorers in the league.
Also:
- ROR is a 3C
- Myers is a lost sheep who was terrible as a rookie, as bad as Hagg
- Voracek is out of shape
- Patrick is the new Tavares
tumblr_m502nbUC5I1rrjgyko1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad