So.. Edmonton has to be the favorites coming out of the west, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
No. They are not. They feast on the PP. In fact, Drai and McDavid, are in the same territory as Crosby was when he got shit on by Oiler fans saying that he peak wasn't that good because he scored so many power play points.

So, with PP opportunities dropping way off in the playoffs, and the Oilers not being that great 5 on 5, how are they a lock for the West?

They added another one dimensional offensive forward that wouldn't know the defensive zone if it bit him in the ass.

They won't be able to outscore their defensive misfortunes in the playoffs.

Also, what's this about their defense being built for the playoffs? That's sarcasm, right?

All that said, this is clearly a troll thread by Kami, not even that clever actually.

Of course a flames fan is going to take issue with a positive Oilers thread. I get called out for only making negative threads, make a positive one, and still get shit on.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Of course a flames fan is going to take issue with a positive Oilers thread. I get called out for only making negative threads, make a positive one, and still get shit on.

What do you expect when you make a thread about the Oilers being the favorite in the West?

Jesus, not even Oiler fans think this.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.........

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
OP, you should have posted this in the Oilers forum so it could get the lovefest it deserves without a bunch of pesky objective logic.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
What do you expect when you make a thread about the Oilers being the favorite in the West?

Jesus, not even Oiler fans think this.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.........

I expected a discussion about the points I raised.

- Easy path to the later rounds

- superstar players in the Pens mold

- top special teams

Instead I got a thread about how Stone is better than McDavid and every other post is calling me a troll.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Who is injured on Colorado (key players)? When do they come back? Are some gone for rest of season?

Rantanen, Kadri, Grubauer, Calvert (yes he is a key player). They will miss a few weeks each. All will be back before playoffs.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You knew how these threads go. You posted it to attract contrarian negative arguments and to deflect from the Leafs sagging.

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
I really don’t like any of their adds! As usual they add the same type of players over and over and over.. soft, skilled players that don’t play or know a lick of defence. They’ve done the same thing for 15 years and it hasn’t worked, ever!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
All will be back before playoffs.
Thank You...

Avs are my pick. I hope the Oil make it.. I hope they have a good first round. Much like the Av's, I hope they get healthy and find homes for their 3 new players.

I'd love to type it after but I just can't fathom typing 'Mike Smith just won us the cup' OR 'Koskinen did it' in June.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

- top special teams

Instead I got a thread about how Stone is better than McDavid and every other post is calling me a troll.

It's easy to see why the OP could be confused with a troll post. I personally think you were looking for validation of your opinions and mostly haven't gotten it.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Translation: "You said something about my team I didn't like, now it's time for personal attacks!"
No the statement was that he would love to play the Oilers in a seven game series..... If he would play he would get his shit kicked.... Because he has no talent and hence posting on a hockey forum

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
OP, you should have posted this in the Oilers forum so it could get the lovefest it deserves without a bunch of pesky objective logic.

Nah we'd probably have closed this thread by now if it landed on the Oilers forums. We've spent almost 15 years in the basement (minus 1) so most of us don't even have us as a lock for playoffs at this point. Just happy to be along for the ride.

Ps - Yamamoto just got injured and is out for 2-4 weeks. In the last month we've lost our number 1 D, entire top line, and now have an injury to a key piece on our 2nd line. We'll be limping into the playoffs if we make it.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005

- top special teams

Boy meet wolf

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

- top special teams

"Calls a team that has made the playoffs once in over a decade 'The Favorite in the West'"

You brought it on yourself.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
"Calls a team that has made the playoffs once in over a decade 'The Favorite in the West'"

You brought it on yourself.

Playoff experience is not an indicator. LA kings won the cup from 8th seed. Blues came back from last to win the cup.

I'm basing my opinion on the growth and maturity that Drai and McDavid have shown this year, along with the elite special teams. I think people are under estimating how much damage those two will do when they are going full out.

4+ goals a game. They just need Smith to get hot at the right time.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I still think it's dal or st. Louis. Their goaltending and defences are better and I see that as a deciding factor in a 7 game series. Good on Edmonton for getting better though

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
I think a healthy Edmonton team can definitely make the conference finals especially with the Pacific the way it is. Smith and Koskinen have been solid, the d has been solid and whatever depth they lack up front they have freaking Mcdavid and Draisaitl to make up for it.

Reactions: Kamiccolo

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Nah we'd probably have closed this thread by now if it landed on the Oilers forums. We've spent almost 15 years in the basement (minus 1) so most of us don't even have us as a lock for playoffs at this point. Just happy to be along for the ride.

Ps - Yamamoto just got injured and is out for 2-4 weeks. In the last month we've lost our number 1 D, entire top line, and now have an injury to a key piece on our 2nd line. We'll be limping into the playoffs if we make it.

Love Yamamoto. Just dropped him from my fantasy team :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad