So Babcock needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Ferraro went after Babcock for his comments yesterday. He said "what exactly is he trying to say"?
O'Neil said "that he's smarter then everybody as per usual".
Isn't that kind of O'Neil saying the same about himself? I mean, Jeff could always put up or shut up rather than sitting on a chair?

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No, ageism is real. Just like every kid on here likes to use terms like dinosaur, old man yelling at clouds, etc, etc, etc. Nothing would make me happier if every member was forced to add their real age, then you could filter threads, polls, etc by age group.

Ageism is real, and it will always be real. That is why government polls, or other methods of collecting data, asks your age (at least within a bracket). on HF, if you could filter comments by those under age 35 and those over, you'd find drastic changes in opinion.

Ageism will never go away.

The youth will always know better, and the aged will always resist change. That will never change.

ha, if i want your opinion I’ll give it to you ;)

Reactions: Canadian Finn

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
hell i we could have all my favourite leafs players on the team and I'd still say let them go.

Crest.

Nameplate.

always always forever.

I'd give you a like Daisy but the Marner thread took away that privalge :laugh:

I'm a Leafs fan first and foremost, I've seen a lot of players and management come and go and i know nobody is more important than the team

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I'd give you a like Daisy but the Marner thread took away that privalge :laugh:

I'm a Leafs fan first and foremost, I've seen a lot of players and management come and go and i know nobody is more important than the team

If I could give her an extra like for you, I would.

Name plate is a great way to look at it.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Why do people think Dubas is a whiz kid?

I know plenty of ppl in their 30s making six figures, none are considered whiz kids.

The older generations can barely use a computer.

This is the new norm....everywhere.
It's always difficult to gauge how much credit one gets but in 3 separate leagues his teams have set franchise points records within at most 3-4 years of his being in a GMing capacity. That is fairly different than making $100,000.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Why do people think Dubas is a whiz kid?

I know plenty of ppl in their 30s making six figures, none are considered whiz kids.

The older generations can barely use a computer.

This is the new norm....everywhere.
Probably because he's an NHL GM in his early 30s when most are significantly older

Reactions: egd27

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Probably because he's an NHL GM in his early 30s when most are significantly older
And being an old gm makes you better.

The world is getting taken over by corporate leaders in their 30s for a reason.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
Honestly I didn’t think I’d get this many people responding. I appreciate everyone’s view point. Realistically if we win a cup I will happily say I was wrong.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Lol, missing the playoffs is also a possibility with that clown, but since we got the Habs, Wings and Sens in our division, thought even with this clown tuned out by the players we should still at least make the dance lol.
Montreal finished 4 points behind the Leafs last year and MISSED the playoffs. The Atlantic division is by far the strongest division, Boston, Toronto and Tampa Bay are all in the top 5 predicted to win the cup and 3 of those top 5 are in the Atlantic division, making the playoffs is no gimme.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Honestly I didn’t think I’d get this many people responding. I appreciate everyone’s view point. Realistically if we win a cup I will happily say I was wrong.

Nobody's falling for Babcock's shit anymore.

A lot of the naive fans were still on board with him for the majority of last year but even they've woken up and smelled the coffee now.

The only real supporters Babcock has left are anti Leafs trolls in disguise and blind fanboys.

Dubas is hoping and praying that the fans don't turn their wrath from Babcock and put it towards him. He's going to hold off on firing Babcock for as long as humanly possible because he don't want that smoke.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Nobody's falling for Babcock's **** anymore.

A lot of the naive fans were still on board with him for the majority of last year but even they've woken up and smelled the coffee now.

The only real supporters Babcock has left are anti Leafs trolls in disguise and blind fanboys.

Dubas is hoping and praying that the fans don't turn their wrath from Babcock and put it towards him. He's going to hold off on firing Babcock for as long as humanly possible because he don't want that smoke.

If this is true then he is incompetent AF, and totally wrong for the job. Its clear Dubas vision is fast and speed, and Babs is heavy and grind.
He needs to get this right, considering he stapled Matthews, Marner, and Nylander for major $$$, and more speed with AJ and Kap.

I hope he has the balls to do it and Shanny can see all this.

Its like a Military General wanting to Blitzkreig with Tanks, Armoured vehicles and then march in with troops after the shelling...
But the guy running the countries $ and supplies just gave the general a whole bunch of highly trained special unit navy seals.

You need the right guy, to operate with the team of Seals... You don't keep the misfit General or else your country is gonna be destroyed.
We cant keep babcock because we have a window before obscurity.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Montreal finished 4 points behind the Leafs last year and MISSED the playoffs. The Atlantic division is by far the strongest division, Boston, Toronto and Tampa Bay are all in the top 5 predicted to win the cup and 3 of those top 5 are in the Atlantic division, making the playoffs is no gimme.
Especially with this clown coaching the team....

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If this is true then he is incompetent AF, and totally wrong for the job. Its clear Dubas vision is fast and speed, and Babs is heavy and grind.
He needs to get this right, considering he stapled Matthews, Marner, and Nylander for major $$$, and more speed with AJ and Kap.

I hope he has the balls to do it and Shanny can see all this.

Its like a Military General wanting to Blitzkreig with Tanks, Armoured vehicles and then march in with troops after the shelling...
But the guy running the countries $ and supplies just gave the general a whole bunch of highly trained special unit navy seals.

You need the right guy, to operate with the team of Seals... You don't keep the misfit General or else your country is gonna be destroyed.
We cant keep babcock because we have a window before obscurity.

The problem is that you can't actually assemble the team Babcock wants in the cap era unless you have a generational top-5 all time defenseman to cover up mistakes.

He had 2 Selke level PPG+ centers, a top-5 of all time defenseman, 2 MORE #1 D, 2 two-way 40 goal wingers, and all the expensive grinders he could ask for. All he got was one cup with what was basically half of an All-Star team.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Mike Babcock may be set up for a fall after Kyle Dubas’ uninspiring summer | The Star

Damien Cox

"If Mike Babcock’s job is on the line this season, you’ve really got to start wondering whether he’s got a fighting chance.
At this point, it appears more like his boss, Kyle Dubas, has tasked Babcock with the unenviable job of getting better results out of a roster that is no better than last year’s, and quite possibly weaker."

Reactions: Blowfish

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Mike Babcock may be set up for a fall after Kyle Dubas’ uninspiring summer | The Star

Damien Cox

"If Mike Babcock’s job is on the line this season, you’ve really got to start wondering whether he’s got a fighting chance.
At this point, it appears more like his boss, Kyle Dubas, has tasked Babcock with the unenviable job of getting better results out of a roster that is no better than last year’s, and quite possibly weaker."
That sounds almost exactly like the CyNick..

Hmmmm....

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Damien Cox

Not sure of some things there. Barrie is less on the cap compared to Kadri due to retention. The team also demoted a few, NHL experienced, d-men making less than Sandin. It's debatable whether or not this year's team will be better than last year's. Time will answer that. Probably fair to say Babcock will be hit harder sooner than Dubas if the team performs below expectations. I do believe Keefe would be the replacement coach if one is needed. Having to change coaches in response to a struggling team will still negatively affect Dubas though with a strike against him IMO, even if it's not the final strike (a firing).

Agree or disagree with their moves, but I can't imagine Babcock and Dubas aren't each doing what they believe is working towards the best interests of the team.

Last edited:

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Sorry but I can’t watch this Babcock **** anymore! I’m giving it until the end of the season and if he’s not gone, I might have to check boxscores until he is.

We’re not winning with this guy.

Reactions: ToMaLe

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No, ageism is real. Just like every kid on here likes to use terms like dinosaur, old man yelling at clouds, etc, etc, etc. Nothing would make me happier if every member was forced to add their real age, then you could filter threads, polls, etc by age group.

Ageism is real, and it will always be real. That is why government polls, or other methods of collecting data, asks your age (at least within a bracket). on HF, if you could filter comments by those under age 35 and those over, you'd find drastic changes in opinion.

Ageism will never go away.

The youth will always know better, and the aged will always resist change. That will never change.

then you should be happy I have my year of birth listed.

Reactions: saffronleaf

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Plenty of older people are eager to adapt and better themselves. The problem is people who are stuck in the "this is the way it's always been done" mentality. There is zero problem calling people like that a dinosaur regardless of how old they are. The concept of testing and improving doesn't care how old an idea is, it just cares about how well it works.

I agree.

I went back to school at age 58 ... oldest in class by age but not by attitude.

attitude has no age.

millions in the usa proved age has nothing to do with attitude
[MOD]
I was disappointed younger people can be so archaic in their attitudes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad