OT: Snowstorm today!!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I love snow storms.

Outside my place

photo9_zps35da5d8d.jpg

At least its shoveled.

My street is a small one so basically the entire thing is snow. The street level is about the height of my car's hood the whole block. No one can come in. I saw a neighbor with an SUV 4WD and he could've make it out of his driveway. Forget it. I think they'll pass by in a week for us because we're a small street.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
UPS was supposed to deliver a package today. I bet the truck never left Lachine.

I've worked at UPS. Let me be honest with you, when it's sunny they put residentials back on the belt if they have a lot of work. On days like this, the driver would have to be a really nice guy to take your package or air delivery was delayed. There's really no other way.

Then again, I worked on St-Laurent section which was very heavy.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Try living in Montréal Nord. I bet they dump everyone else's snow here when we're not looking. Snow removal? Hah.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I've worked at UPS. Let me be honest with you, when it's sunny they put residentials back on the belt if they have a lot of work. On days like this, the driver would have to be a really nice guy to take your package or air delivery was delayed. There's really no other way.

Then again, I worked on St-Laurent section which was very heavy.

Oh, I wasn't expecting UPS to deliver my package to be honest. The streets are terrible.

Try living in Montréal Nord. I bet they dump everyone else's snow here when we're not looking. Snow removal? Hah.

If we're lucky, this snow will be removed before Jan 1st.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
My brother passed by St Michel this morning, said he saw a few trucks. Maybe they were delivering other people's snow:sarcasm:

My girlfriend spent 2 hours at sauvé metro trying to get over here (we both work close to my house) and she said every time a bus would pass by, it would die and get stuck. Eventually every lane had a bus stuck in it jamming all traffic :laugh:

She then decides to do it the other way, makes it to St-Michel metro to take the 67 north and she makes it 20 minutes until they get stuck behind some cars and the drivers tells them they all have to get out. :laugh:

She's now walking from god knows where on st-michel to my place. At least there's too much snow for muggings.

Oh, I wasn't expecting UPS to deliver my package to be honest. The streets are terrible.

If we're lucky, this snow will be removed before Jan 1st.

ThaDevilgirl, HFboards optimist :laugh:

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
My girlfriend spent 2 hours at sauvé metro trying to get over here (we both work close to my house) and she said every time a bus would pass by, it would die and get stuck. Eventually every lane had a bus stuck in it jamming all traffic :laugh:

She then decides to do it the other way, makes it to St-Michel metro to take the 67 north and she makes it 20 minutes until they get stuck behind some cars and the drivers tells them they all have to get out. :laugh:

She's now walking from god knows where on st-michel to my place. At least there's too much snow for muggings.

ThaDevilgirl, HFboards optimist :laugh:

:laugh:

They usually clean up my street 4-5 days after a storm. I'm optimistic. At worst I'll just have to buy a pair of racquets.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
This year I decided to sell my car and use only Communauto. It means right now I don't have to be worried about removing the snow from my car, trying to find a place to park it on the street, keeping an eye on the orange signs, etc. And if I need a car, I'll find it all ready for use in a parking lot that is cleaned regularly.

BEST MOVE EVER!

How much notice do you need to be able to get a car? Can you get one at any time?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
How much notice do you need to be able to get a car? Can you get one at any time?

You can get one at any time. You make the reservation online so you can basically book one car and be driving it a few minutes later.

So far, I never had any trouble to find a car available in my area (Plateau Mont-Royal), except for December 24th and 25th. I suppose it must be more difficult in areas where Communauto is less present.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I just got back from shoveling, and it's official, this is one of the biggest snowstorms I remember.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Funny, I used today as an opportunity to get shopping and errands done. Few cars on the road, no trouble finding parking, no lineups in shops. Great, efficient day.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
This morning I took highway 30 for work and I literally saw more cars and trucks stuck in ditches and in snow banks than on the actual road. There was a ridiculous amount of stuck cars, and on some areas of the 30, visibility was very close to zero. Very scary. Oddly enough, I drove from 8 am to 3pm today and didn't get caught in any traffic. :dunno:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Feels good to use the metro today. No problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad