OT: Snowstorm today!!

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Surprised there's no threads open for this....Biggest snowstorm by far since the start of "winter"...My GF had to work this morning and the roads were not cleared at all at 8:30...I don't know what took them so long. They finally cleared my road (in Little Italy) at about 10-10:30.

LaTenderness*

Surprised there's no threads open for this....Biggest snowstorm by far since the start of "winter"...My GF had to work this morning and the roads were not cleared at all at 8:30...I don't know what took them so long. They finally cleared my road (in Little Italy) at about 10-10:30.

Was gonna go see the fam in Montreal for the weekend but got snowed in at home here in old Peterborough

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I don't drive so I can't comment on that aspect, but as someone who takes the train/metro/bus in to work, I was really impressed by the service. I left at my usual time and actually got to work earlier than I normally do.

Fingers crossed for the ride home at 5...

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I don't drive so I can't comment on that aspect, but as someone who takes the train/metro/bus in to work, I was really impressed by the service. I left at my usual time and actually got to work earlier than I normally do.

Fingers crossed for the ride home at 5...

I agree, normally they're very quick at clearing away the streets during a storm, but it's almost like they started late today. Maybe we were just the last streets to be cleared...My GF finally found a snowplough to follow on Jean Talon ouest at 8:30am..lol

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just took me an hour to clear out my driveway.. and my driveway really isn't that big.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I am amusing myself taking in all the action on my street, as 1 brave soul after the other attempt to accomplish the impossible - drive through a street that hasn't been plowed yet... ****ing hilarious... as I sip my coco it is truly entertaining to watch the community work together and help 1 brave moron after the other during these holidays.

Average stuck time seems to be about 40 minutes.

The best part is most of the cars are civic and corollas..

Maybe I should be a good Samaritan, put my boots on and grab a shovel?

Meh.. maybe not...lolz

#lovemycoco

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
We're at 33 cm at Dorval airport and still going strong. I was expecting 20-30 cm. We can definitely get 40 cm lol

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
serious question for all of you that have driven on the roads today, particularly from west island to Montreal...

say if I left in an hour from Decarie (snowdon, ndg area), how long would it take to drive to Hudson, Quebec?

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
serious question for all of you that have driven on the roads today, particularly from west island to Montreal...

say if I left in an hour from Decarie (snowdon, ndg area), how long would it take to drive to Hudson, Quebec?

I'd avoid it if possible if I were you. With the wind and blowing snow it's pretty bad out there. Zero visibility.

I just stepped out for lunch and for a minute there I wondered if I'd make it back lol.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I'd avoid it if possible if I were you. With the wind and blowing snow it's pretty bad out there. Zero visibility.

I just stepped out for lunch and for a minute there I wondered if I'd make it back lol.

today is the only day of the year I wish I was paying +600$ a month and 10K a year on Gas for a 4 x 4 suv/truck

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It took me almost 90 minutes to get to work...I live in St-Henri, work downtown, 3 metro stops away. Took me over an hour to walk to the metro from my place, a walk I've done in 4 minutes before. No snow was cleared, anywhere...The wind made all the snow pile up to waist high levels. At one point, I almost decided to just fall over and die, but then I changed my mind.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I just went out to shovel..it's pretty bad out there. This is where i'm happy that I pay 50$ a month for a parking lot right beside my building (Little Italy)..and I only pay during the 4 months of winter...

Those parking on the streets are gonna have a tough time finding parking tonight.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
It's pretty terrible out there... Took my neighbor about 45 minutes for him to get out of his driveway and out of our crescent...

Kept getting stuck in the snow since it hasn't been plowed. Would back up and go forward and get a few inches further and then back up again... and so on :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->