OT: Snowstorm today!!

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It has been a long time, no doubt about it. Winter 2007-08 had a few of them.

If the Habs had a game scheduled for tonight at the Bell, I think it would have been cancelled.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I was gonna say that. Certainly bigger than anything last year. The year before I don't remember if we had a big snowstorm or not...

I think it's becoming more and more rare that we get them only in snow too. Most of the time we get a mix of rain/freezing rain/sleet and snow.

This is just snow. But it is a big one, no doubt.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
It has been a long time, no doubt about it. Winter 2007-08 had a few of them.

If the Habs had a game scheduled for tonight at the Bell, I think it would have been cancelled.

Games at this period of the year are usually played in Florida though:sarcasm:...but I get your point :P

End of the world is near folks.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I made it to work this morning pretty easily (the snow and the lack of traffic cancelled each other out and it took me the typical 45 minutes) but I'm worried about tonight.

If they don't plow our parking lot then I'm not getting out tonight, there's no doubt about that.

Analyzer*

It's been snowing heavy before I got up at 5. I just finished and it's still snowing strong in Ontario...

So much god damn snow.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Environment Canada just said they are expecting to easily beat the 42 cm record in Montreal for the month of December. Looks like it will be close to 50 cms when it's over.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I woke up to find I was only one in my entire street to have my car in the street. Everyone moved it in the morning. I woke up late and I fully expect the city to come by with signs saying I can't park there in a certain time frame. The beauty of it is I will have to shovel entire street in order to park anywhere else. lol FML

Would be amazing if the world was nuts and we had a very hot day tomorrow and everything just melts.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
I love snow storms.

Outside my place

photo9_zps35da5d8d.jpg

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Environment Canada just said they are expecting to easily beat the 42 cm record in Montreal for the month of December. Looks like it will be close to 50 cms when it's over.

We're going to beat our all-time measured snowfall record of 43.2cm easily. We're at 43 cm.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
looks like things have calmed down... light flurry.

env. canada saying only 1 cm this evening and less than 1 cm overnight.

however still high wind which creates impression that there is snowfall but really it's just spreading it from certain areas.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
This year I decided to sell my car and use only Communauto. It means right now I don't have to be worried about removing the snow from my car, trying to find a place to park it on the street, keeping an eye on the orange signs, etc. And if I need a car, I'll find it all ready for use in a parking lot that is cleaned regularly.

BEST MOVE EVER!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
just shoveled out a nice parking spot out for my mom. No sweat. Enjoying a nice cold pepsi now.

Feels good, man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad