OT: Snowmageddon 2018

member 157595

it's amusing how quickly I turned into "good god it's just a bit of snow you pansies" type of northerner after like 0.3 Toronto winters

Toronto's on the good side of Lake Ontario when it comes to snow. South of the lake, in NY, is where the bad lake-effect happens.

But yes, you will turn into a winter snob. I remember laughing at a LA-native friend in college during a -34F windchill. She said she liked winter 2 weeks before...I told her at the time that winter will break her, it's only a matter of time. For once in my sad, pathetic life...I was right.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think this snowstorm could be worse than people are expecting. Not because of the amount of snow itself, or the driving as it shouldn’t stick long as the ground isn’t frozen yet, but because of all the leaves still on the trees. They are going to capture a lot more of the snow than the trees are used to and a lot of limbs are going to come down. I’d bet on significant power lines down by Monday.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I think this snowstorm could be worse than people are expecting. Not because of the amount of snow itself, or the driving as it shouldn’t stick long as the ground isn’t frozen yet, but because of all the leaves still on the trees. They are going to capture a lot more of the snow than the trees are used to and a lot of limbs are going to come down. I’d bet on significant power lines down by Monday.

I'm banking on one behind my house going down. It's just been dangling for months and I've been too lazy to cut it down, f***ing thing survived the hurricanes.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We all know what happened last time Triangle folks underestimated a storm...

13390408-1483728900-640x360.jpg

The brewery is right around the top of that hill. No joke.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
My favorite from that storm is the picture of the guy in shorts and a t shirt standing by that burning car.

Also

♪ ♫ Are you getting it
Snowmegeddon it
Really getting it
Yes snowmegeddon it
C'mon get it!
♪ ♫

:yo:

Def "snow" Leppard​

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events