OT: Snowmageddon 2018

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
"Non-essential". That sounds like a public sector classification.

It's a polite way if saying "if you're not saving lives, stay the **** off the roads." Of course, every employer I've ever had thinks we are essential. I've never had an "essential" job. Police, fire, rescue, ER, nursing home and hospital staff

I work on the University side of Duke. Compared to the medical center side, I’m very non-essential.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yesterday, after a group text informing us that we were expected at work today, I told my supervisor that no one had ANY business being on the roads this AM. She argued, took the company line.

She's not at work.

I'm slightly grumpy.

"I don't care if it's bad out there, everyone show up or you are all fired. Not me though, my driveway is icy".

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Yesterday, after a group text informing us that we were expected at work today, I told my supervisor that no one had ANY business being on the roads this AM. She argued, took the company line.

She's not at work.

I'm slightly grumpy.

That's high quality leadership right there. I hope they don't get a promotion in their future.

Are they "sick"?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I was supposed to have an interview in Sanford at 11 this morning but it was postponed until Wednesday. The HR person who called to postpone was in Georgia and I live in the ENC so neither of us knew what the Sanford area was like. I had made it to Kinston where there was a helluva detour on highway 70 due to an 18 wheeler that went into a river the other night and the driver is still missing. Sounds like the highway is closed for a bit because the truck extraction is going to be a tough one.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I went in yesterday because the roads were passable at the time I left and because we're in the middle of our monthly deadline. The processes are just too reliant on paper for me to do very efficiently from home.

I saw five other people the whole day, of whom at least two live in the apartments upstairs. Most were only there for a couple of hours. Then it started snowing again once I got in. Wife wasn't amused and my boss probably thought I was an idiot.

Today I'm waiting to see what the traffic reports look like. My commute for this job involves 20 miles of highway each way, so I'm not messing with black ice.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina

She's not at work.

I'm slightly grumpy.
F****** ridiculous. I'd be grumpy alright. Then your later post saying she updated her Facebook while she enjoys a lack of snow on her side of town? Just LOL. Yeah, as someone else suggested, I'd strongly consider complaining to management. Gotta be someone over her head to complain to.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Commute this morning was much worse than yesterday morning. Every shaded place had ice, and every spot where water ran across the road yesterday froze.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wake County backs out of the 3 hour delay and just cancels.
Durham did that last night. Around noon got the call that the kids would have a three hour delay. Then around 8pm the "reassessed" and closed for the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->