Post-Game Talk: Snip snap! You have no idea the physical toll that this team has on a person. Panthers win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
what's sad is that it took 10 million dollars on a goalie to figure that out and that lot of fans bought Tallon's "historic offseason" propaganda campaign. Clearly we needed to invest in D and depth

Now its getting interisting. Lets head on when we made it, into the Po under Gallant and Dinnen. We had from the Quality more worse Defensman as we have current.
So that means that the Quality of the Players doesnt matter. When you can reach teh PO with Gudbranson, Petrovic and Kulikov then we can say, its really a system Question.

I can remember we talked about Kulikov stopped those turnover, backhand passes, Petrovic was looking better, Gudbranson get a bit better.
When i see Game after Game after Game, how open Players stand infront out net or Zone, it doesnt belong on the Players. Some do some serious bad plays, but its not all the 100% to blame them.

Also we play with 3 more or less Rookies on your D System, Weegar played 150 NHL game, Stillman freshman call up, Brown 70 Games.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Bob has been disappointing though. Like he was horrible in that stretch right before he was benched but aside from that he's been ok, which isn't how you want to describe a goalie making as much as him. He's far from the problem, but he's given up too many of those goals like the 3rd Sabres goal, decent chance but a good goalie stops it.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
What the f*** was Tallon supposed to do besides sign Bobrovsky? We needed a goalie because Reimer is hot garbage and Luongo was retiring and also wasn't good. Our kids aren't ready just yet and there were no other #1 goalies available in the off-season.

Bob would have gotten paid by another team if we didn't do it and we'd be in a much worse position than we are right now.

Is Bobrovsky a disappointement? Absolutely, but I really don't think we had any other choice.

EDIT: I wasn't looking at the right place for my: "noone else was available claim". Lehner could have probably been a worthy replacement, were we trying to sign him?

Reactions: BabyBarkov

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What the **** was Tallon supposed to do besides sign Bobrovsky? We needed a goalie because Reimer is hot garbage and Luongo was retiring and also wasn't good. Our kids aren't ready just yet and there were no other #1 goalies available in the off-season.

Bob would have gotten paid by another team if we didn't do it and we'd be in a much worse position than we are right now.

Is Bobrovsky a disappointement? Absolutely, but I really don't think we had any other choice.
I agree. He just has to play better period.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
What the **** was Tallon supposed to do besides sign Bobrovsky? We needed a goalie because Reimer is hot garbage and Luongo was retiring and also wasn't good. Our kids aren't ready just yet and there were no other #1 goalies available in the off-season.

Draft a couple more goalies and develop them so you don’t have to pay a ton for a fee agent goalie

Reactions: harv33173

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

Lehner, Varlamov? But I also don't blame Tallon because Bob was seemed as the main and most secure option.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Why is Demko saving these shots in the slot? I thought a goalie can’t do that cause the pucks are shot too hard?

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Lehner, Varlamov? But I also don't blame Tallon because Bob was seemed as the main and most secure option.

Yeah I edited my post once I looked those two guys up. I agree with you though, I think everyone saw Bobrovsky as the safest bet for the regular season at least and we all just dreaded his playoffs ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad