Post-Game Talk: Snip snap! You have no idea the physical toll that this team has on a person. Panthers win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:nucks

BFd1SoL.png

AtAH0nq.png

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
2594.jpg

#25 Jacob Markstrom
15-12-3 .914SV% 2.81GAA

:panthers

CONFIRMED STARTING GOALIE
3413.jpg

#72 SERGEI BOBROVSKY
15-12-4 .895SV% 3.33GAA

Reactions: RayP

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Stats for tonight's game:

Arizona scored 1st in Tuesday's loss, dropping Florida to 5-14-3 when their opponent scores 1st.
Canucks are on a 3 game win streak vs Florida, crushing them 7-2 in the first meeting in BC
Expect the Canucks to put forth a good effort after getting embarrassed 9-2 by Tampa, that loss snapped their 7 game win streak
Florida is 10-11-0 in their last 21 games, a franchise record 21 straight contests that have not seen extra time.
The Flyers win Wednesday dropped Florida 3 points out of the 2nd wildcard spot with a game in hand. Florida was briefly in the spot after their win Sunday.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
A win puts Florida closer to the Fylers, a loss closer to getting rid of Dale. No lose situation. Canucks give Florida problems usually

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So what the hell am I missing here?

Was our defense our playoff year actually better or worse than our current one? Or did Luongo have a hall of fame Vezina year cause I dont think he did that either.

Like, what the f*** is actually wrong? Do we need less offensively capable D man and have pretty much, 4 and a half stay at homes? Was campbell just godlike compared to what we have? Do we need more grinders in our bottom 6? Reminder our lines were

HBJ
Smith Tro JJ
A grip of wingers with Bjugstad
Wilson Dmac Thornton

Soup Eks
Kulikov Petrovic
Mitchell Gudbranson

That was what we had for the majority of that year.

Is that forward core just that much better than we what we have? Was Mitchell just that amazing of a captain?

Im so f***ing confused. I don't know what to think anymore.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

Was our defense our playoff year actually better or worse than our current one? Or did Luongo have a hall of fame Vezina year cause I dont think he did that either.

Like, what the **** is actually wrong? Do we need less offensively capable D man and have pretty much, 4 and a half stay at homes? Was campbell just godlike compared to what we have? Do we need more grinders in our bottom 6? Reminder our lines were

HBJ
Smith Tro JJ
Wilson Dmac Thornton

Soup Eks
Kulikov Petrovic
Mitchell Gudbranson

Is that forward core just that much better than we what we have? Was Mitchell just that amazing of a captain?

Im so ****ing confused. I don't know what to think anymore.
Honestly, I think they just fit together better than today's team.

Smith, Tro, JJ had great chemistry. HBJ was awesome, though they played a completely different style than what is asked of Huby and Barky today.

Our D was not great, but they fit together and formed solid pairings (no real liability or turnover machine. At this point in the Yandle discussion, I almost prefer a guy rimming the puck constantly over a guy that has all the skill but is high risk-high reward).

Without a doubt, we have more skill today than back than. But we had more "character" back then than now. I believe neither one of these two characteristics should be the criteria in what direction a team is formed. It should be something like "team skill" and "hockey IQ".

When you have a group of grinders with limited technical skill but great hockey IQ, chemistry and effort, they can look a lot better than a high skill line.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, it was a much better "team". Even in 14-15 we were very competitive, we just didn't have the skill yet to be a playoff team. Also, Gallant's importance cannot be overlooked. He knew how to get the most out of that roster, and what style they should play. It shouldn't be a surprise. He's doing the same thing in Vegas. He never should have been fired. He wouldn't have been if Tallon was running things.

The HBJ line was just a great line too. At times they were absolutely dominant. The way they could cycle just wore other teams down. The Tro line was a great second line too. Lots of good character guys in the bottom 6. Campbell was a great minute muncher, and overall, a much more impactful defenseman than Yandle. Solid defense all the way down the line. Even Matheson looked terrific in his few games. Good leadership throughout the roster. Lu and Montoya one of the best goalie tandems in the league. 15-16 Panthers were a very good team. We really should have beat the Islanders in that series. If Barky scores on that penalty shot it changes the complexion of the whole series.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Yeah, it was a much better "team". Even in 14-15 we were very competitive, we just didn't have the skill yet to be a playoff team. Also, Gallant's importance cannot be overlooked. He knew how to get the most out of that roster, and what style they should play. It shouldn't be a surprise. He's doing the same thing in Vegas. He never should have been fired. He wouldn't have been if Tallon was running things.

The HBJ line was just a great line too. At times they were absolutely dominant. The way they could cycle just wore other teams down. The Tro line was a great second line too. Lots of good character guys in the bottom 6. Campbell was a great minute muncher, and overall, a much more impactful defenseman than Yandle. Solid defense all the way down the line. Even Matheson looked terrific in his few games. Good leadership throughout the roster. Lu and Montoya one of the best goalie tandems in the league. 15-16 Panthers were a very good team. We really should have beat the Islanders in that series. If Barky scores on that penalty shot it changes the complexion of the whole series.
Spot on

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Think we're also missing an effective Trocheck. Took some of the load off Barkov and he had a knack for clutch goals

Absolutely. He was electrifying the last half of that season and in the playoffs. Also Jussi was great too. I believe he was our 3rd leading scorer.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Tro being a shell of his former self is the biggest imo. I can’t believe how much his game has dropped off.

Lack of motivation does that. He can't regress that much when he's almost at the peak of his prime. Probably Yandle told him not to stress about losing that much: "just don't worry about it, be like me".

Reactions: Kid Icarus

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I have 0 faith in this team beating anyone above them in the standings other than a couple squads they matchup well against (i.e Pittsburgh).

Vancouver dominated us last time and will do the same tonight. They roll 4 lines that all skate hard and are aggressive, something we know nothing about.

4-1 Canucks and we continue to plummet.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

Like, what the **** is actually wrong? Do we need less offensively capable D man and have pretty much, 4 and a half stay at homes? Was campbell just godlike compared to what we have? Do we need more grinders in our bottom 6? Reminder our lines were

HBJ
Smith Tro JJ
Wilson Dmac Thornton

Soup Eks
Kulikov Petrovic
Mitchell Gudbranson

I agree with the other posts as well but my goodness, look at that veteran leadership group. That mess is solid! I'm sorry but today's Sasha & Co. can't compete with that. Haha

-ghoste

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
3-1 Panthers win tonight
Hoff, Frankie, Barky with the goals
Bob with 35 + saves.

Got to take advantage of a reeling Vancouver team that just got pounded last game. Hopefully catch them still licking their wounds. Jump on them early and set the tone.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

HBJ
Smith Tro JJ
Wilson Dmac Thornton

Soup Eks
Kulikov Petrovic
Mitchell Gudbranson

Gallant and they played a less risky system where the D wasn't asked to do as much like getting involved offensively.

But also Mitchell in his first year especially and Campbell were better and more reliable defensively than anyone on this team not named Ekblad.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Gallant and they played a less risky system where the D wasn't asked to do as much like getting involved offensively.

But also Mitchell in his first year especially and Campbell were better and more reliable defensively than anyone on this team not named Ekblad.
Those vets made a difference. Likely calmed the room at times and I remember Mitchel being very key in holding players accountable.

Our leadership core right now is basically Ekblad, Yandle and Barkov? I'm sure Acciari and Boyle (and maybe Stral's) speak up but that pales in comparison to the likes of Thornton, Mitchell, DMac, Campbell, Jagr and Luongo.

Leadership is definitely an issue with this squad and that is extremely difficult to change overnight.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hoffman's last 20 games:
6 goals and 9 assists.
All 6 goals are ESG.
5 of the 9 helpers on the PP

Barkovs last 20 games:
6 goals and 10 assists
5 goals are ESG
6 of those 10 assists on the PP

Hoffman producing better than Barkov 5 on 5 of late.
Time for #16 to get back to his elite play and #68 back to potting those PP goals.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

So it was coaching last year and it's still coaching this year?

So is Q overrated or just not a good fit?

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The importance of a second line cannot be understated, also Bjugstad is a better 3rd C than Toninato or a washed up Boyle.

But obviously, the key is Bolland.
Bjugstad rolled with various combinations of Pirri, Shaw, Grimaldi, Hudler, Purcell, Bolland, McGegg, Rau

Sure, Bjugstad > Toninato/Boyle. But holy f***, Hoffman, Vatrano, Malgin, and f***ing literally anyone else cannot outplay that hodge podge of forwards? Like, what the f***? Rau. RAU?!

Look at this D Core

es4cdr.jpg

f***ing look at it. How did we do so much better then with THAT?!

Reactions: pantherbot

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Bjugstad rolled with various combinations of Pirri, Shaw, Grimaldi, Hudler, Purcell, Bolland, McGegg, Rau

Sure, Bjugstad > Toninato/Boyle. But holy ****, Hoffman, Vatrano, Malgin, and ****ing literally anyone else cannot outplay that hodge podge of forwards? Like, what the ****? Rau. RAU?!

Look at this D Core

es4cdr.jpg

****ing look at it. How did we do so much better then with THAT?!
How was Petro a plus 17? Haha

Soupy killed it. I didn't like his contract in those days but he did kill it.

And alright, alright.. bring back Guddy somehow.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->