Post-Game Talk: Snip snap! You have no idea the physical toll that this team has on a person. Panthers win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think the best (only) thing we can hope for is our current squad to be in a wild card spot by the time the TDL rolls around.

Tallon will probably make a move then to "strengthen" our chances to get into and for a playoff run.

Flounder around and stay alive, then get better (hopefully) at the TDL.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This is almost all wrong because we kept every key player after that mattered. History shows we kept the right guys. Mitchell was done, when they limited his ice time we started to win and he was not happy. You guys are delusional with how fragile players are. And there’s no guarantee of player development, look at Borg, look how long it’s taken Markstrom. We had ridiculous puck luck that season and went on a nice run with wins. It’s been another 5 years and we are still not good. Still haven’t been able to put winning streaks together. Slow starts are consistent. And LOL if you stick with it you get good results. No. There’s no guarantee of anything t. Pitt, LA and Chicago are not comparable because they have hall of fame level talent, we don’t. They have actual leaders who care. And two are franchises with fan/ownership expectation of winning. Buffalo is like us in that they made bad personnel decisions like Edmonton did and like we did. The reason we haven’t been a consistent playoff team is because our GM isn’t good enough, he’s too patient with prospects, he’s mediocre at drafting, and isn’t good at free agency. He’s also made a bunch of mistakes. 2010 drafting was a gigantic bust. That set us back more than anything. 5 picks in first 35. He wasn’t able to get Chicago over the hump. The bar to make the playoffs is so low and Tallon hasn’t been able to figure it out.
All those things you just said is why you stick with a rebuild. You get the good things when you stick to a plan to build a team. You get the bad things when you don't. Collecting the talent is just a little step in the process. Another little step, is development. That's where we fall off. That's what we have in common with Edmonton and Buffalo. Thinking that we just draft talent, and they'll just come in and just save us. Thinking that we just draft the talent and we've done our job. Just adding players around that drafted talent is not the "hard work" that you put in during a rebuild process. A lot of the hall of fame players are not so highly thought of if their organization doesn't put them in a position to succeed. The individual players are not what makes a rebuild. That's just one of an almost infinite number of details that goes into a rebuild.
It's about the work that you put in to it. It's not about luck, it's not about slapping a roster together. And that's the problem, people don't give enough credit to how hard the task at hand is. They just expect to be able to put a certain combination of players on the ice, and then they just become a contender.
Being obsessed with Tallon is not necessary. You could have had any GM in here and with the ownership situation, in the end it would have been the same results.

Last edited:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Lol at calling gudbranson a bust still. Still a 20 min a night dman. With all the Intangibles. Just more proof a lot
Here have no clue how it works

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
3-1 Panthers win tonight
Hoff, Frankie, Barky with the goals
Bob with 35 + saves.

Got to take advantage of a reeling Vancouver team that just got pounded last game. Hopefully catch them still licking their wounds. Jump on them early and set the tone.

The idea that Bob is only going to give up 1 goal on 35 shots vs the Canucks seems like sheer fantasy to me.

Yeah, I guess I don't think the Panthers are going to give up 35 Plus shots either. Maybe 30

Bob allowed two goals on 32 shots. I know nothing.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I thought Bob was the player of the game, but a close second in my opinion was Tro. He was flying all night all over the ice! Setting guys up, firing pucks, as well as back checking and hitting hard. Love to see that from him!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I thought Bob was the player of the game, but a close second in my opinion was Tro. He was flying all night all over the ice! Setting guys up, firing pucks, as well as back checking and hitting hard. Love to see that from him!
Tro is starting to come on and regain his form which is obviously huge . Been outplaying Barkov significantly

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He lines up with average for that draft position and playing position.. so of course u hope for more but not even close to a bad pick or a bust
What is average about it? Are you just looking at game played?

Please rank me these guys based on their career;
Marian Gaborik, Alexandr Svitov, Jay Bouwmeester, Nathan Horton, Cam Barker, Jack Johnson, Jonathan Toews, Kyle Turris, Zach Bogosian, Matt Duchene, Erik Gudbranson, Jonathan Huberdeau, Alex Galchenyuk.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Marian Gaborik, Alexandr Svitov, Jay Bouwmeester, Nathan Horton, Cam Barker, Jack Johnson, Jonathan Toews, Kyle Turris, Zach Bogosian, Matt Duchene, Erik Gudbranson, Jonathan Huberdeau, Alex Galchenyuk.

Gudbranson
Galchenyuk
Huberdeau

Bottom 3 M I RITE

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

What do we amateurs know if he is a bad pick or bust? The guy most likely will play close to a 1000 games, even though most people say he sucks - whatever your opinion is. Doesn't sound like a bust to me in this case - how many did the guy defining the "bust" Patrik Stefan play, or Alexandre Daigle?

Total games played in the end are one of the main characteristics - whether we like it or not.

Would take him instantly as a number 5 or 6 that can help as 3 or 4 if necessary.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
My valuation of a 3rd overall pick is that it is for all intents and purposes meant to be a long term core player for the team. One you certainly expect to invest in and build around. Likely not elite talent, but still solid top six, top four talent. This type of pick if all goes well, you wouldn’t really look to trade, ever if only for financial reasons.

Gudbranson didn’t fulfill these expectations, and as a result he wasn’t identified as a core player and thus traded. In my opinion, he didn’t live up to the expectations for where he was drafted.

Is he a serviceable defense man? Absolutely. Was he what we were expecting to be and hoping for? Nope. Hence, he’s not wearing the sweater.

sometimes that’s just how it goes.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Take
Out the forwards cause they are irrelevant. And yes he’s now on his third team that has been playing him close to 20 mins a night and he is doing well. I have posted numerous times draft positioning and it’s probabilities and gudbranson falls right in line with average. Just cause some here can’t handle truth and don’t want to admit it doesn’t make it less true. .

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Nope. According to draft history he is average. Just a fact
He’s a bust for where he was selected. At third overall he’s an average at best NHL player, totally replaceable. That’s fine for a second round pick but at third overall you want an above average player.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
He’s a bust for where he was selected. At third overall he’s an average at best NHL player, totally replaceable. That’s fine for a second round pick but at third overall you want an above average player.
Of course u want it. But history has proven a dman that high tends to be average. That’s just facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->