Post-Game Talk: small penised poodle in a park of Dobermans

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
A PGT being a live thread. It's like inviting and encouraging anger. This is special.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Gallant calling out Panarin
Meh. I wouldn’t blame Panarin. His game is his game. Every line can have a perimeter guy, especially one with vision like AP. The problem is when the other guys on the line don’t make space and glide around. It becomes pointless. Literally and figuratively :)

Reactions: Larrybiv

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I don’t think it’s a shit roster. But I also don’t blame GG. There’s just an ingredient missing. They need one or two guys who routinely dig out rebounds. Like a Hornqvist. It’s mentality more than anything. Too many fancy Dans trying to be on the highlight reel. Having some of those guys is fine but the rangers balance is still off.
Even if we had a Hornqvist to dig out rebounds, he would be ineffective on this team...because we don't put pucks on net in order to crate havoc in front of the goalie. We're constantly trying to create the perfect play, that we'd rather miss the net 15 times in a row than shot that puck into the goalies' pads & let chaos ensue fighting for loose pucks.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I don’t think it’s a shit roster. But I also don’t blame GG. There’s just an ingredient missing. They need one or two guys who routinely dig out rebounds. Like a Hornqvist. It’s mentality more than anything. Too many fancy Dans trying to be on the highlight reel. Having some of those guys is fine but the rangers balance is still off.
The missing ingredient is leadership.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I can't believe you guys want more prospects.

I would unload.

Not for a shitty grandpa like Kane but for youngish forwards that somebody else already developed.

More prospects are pointless for a team that is in the "Igor 2.5 years window" (the window previously known as the "Panarin window").

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I said it in the GDT but Panarin’s lazy effort on the ice can’t sit well with the Rangers top players. Mika Fox Trouba Lindgren are all blocking shots and taking hits all over the ice and Panarin sits in his office away from the action. When the highest paid player on the team is giving noticeably less, it’s a problem

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With what money?

If the Rangers can send Panarin to Anaheim or Phoenix with a 2023 AND 2024 1st, maybe. That's what it's going to take to unload that boat anchor.
It's time for us to have Panarin "get hurt" and regenerate in time for the playoffs.

Or have somebody "retire" for a year and then sign for like 9% of his market value.

It's been done.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Meh. I wouldn’t blame Panarin. His game is his game. Every line can have a perimeter guy, especially one with vision like AP. The problem is when the other guys on the line don’t make space and glide around. It becomes pointless. Literally and figuratively :)
It's really about him and Trocheck. They give up too many odd man rushes. GG mentioned it wasn't Kravtsov’s fault but he's got to put someone on the RW that is somewhat defensively responsible.

Reactions: NCRanger

Deleted member 23124

I don’t buy that the Rangers gave a good effort tonight and deserved a better fate. So many mistakes and poor plays.

At best they hung around.
Bruins operated with surgical precision in first half of the game....they didn't overwhelm anyone -- they executed as a team. They had sticks in the passing lanes and bodies on the puck carriers -- very efficient. I'm amazed that they had the same 5 guys on the ice for the last three minutes of the game and they stuck with their game plan without anyone panicking or attempting a desperation move. That's confidence and good coaching.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It's time for us to have Panarin "get hurt" and regenerate in time for the playoffs.

Or have somebody "retire" for a year and then sign for like 9% of his market value.

It's been done.
The Rangers are and have never been this clever and used the CBA to their advantage.

I'd prefer to deal Panarin and have Trouba go on LTIR myself and go for Matthews next summer, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad