WWE: Smackdown LIVE part 6 -- This is War

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Charlotte has gotten better on the mic. Her post-Mania "Women's Revolution" promo and Ric disownment promos were some of the worst mic work I've ever seen, but her recent run with Dana she's been much more natural and relaxed.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think Charlotte is fine on the mic now. A lot of her deadpan delivery too I find to be hilarious especially when she's being mean to Dana.

Oct 18, 2011
Nikki "I wish you had died in the WOMBa" Bella
And that was one of those easily transparent Vince lines that she was probably forced to say.
Charlotte still sucks on the mic.
Disagree, while I don't care for some of her verbiage sometimes, she actually gets some heat and gets people to hate her.
That's because Nikki doesn't do much in her matches, so it's easy to remain consistent. She's a good worker who isn't as boring as Nattie and isn't as over as Becky.
Sure, but Sasha is a high risk to herself and even her opponents with how many high risk moves she takes, and the types of botches she has. if we are ignoring that, for someone has hyped up as her, that double pin with bayley was amateur hour and shouldn't happen to someone that skilled

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
And that was one of those easily transparent Vince lines that she was probably forced to say.
Still one of the worst deliveries I've ever heard.

Charlotte is dare I say underrated on the mic. Some people talk about her like she's totally incompetent with the stick in her hand. Not true at all. The only thing I think she needs to improve on is her improvisation, but just cutting a scripted promo she's solid.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Disagree, while I don't care for some of her verbiage sometimes, she actually gets some heat and gets people to hate her.

Sure, but Sasha is a high risk to herself and even her opponents with how many high risk moves she takes, and the types of botches she has. if we are ignoring that, for someone has hyped up as her, that double pin with bayley was amateur hour and shouldn't happen to someone that skilled

How often does Sasha botch? Because nobody was talking about this before SummerSlam. She does need to stop trying to be a luchador, but she's also worked a number of matches that were perfectly fine.

Do we know the double pin was a botch? Bayley is more over and was already supposed to be in that match. If Charlotte/Dana is supposed to be the actual storyline, that easily could have been part of the writing given that before that match, they pulled all the promotion for the match. They also don't try to fool people like us who know better.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Eh maybe I am just biased against Charlotte I have noticed a lot of people thinking her mic work has been improving. I didn't like her in NXT, didn't like her when she first came up and still don't like her. She is solid in the ring but just sooo boring.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How often does Sasha botch? Because nobody was talking about this before SummerSlam. She does need to stop trying to be a luchador, but she's also worked a number of matches that were perfectly fine.

Do we know the double pin was a botch? Bayley is more over and was already supposed to be in that match. If Charlotte/Dana is supposed to be the actual storyline, that easily could have been part of the writing given that before that match, they pulled all the promotion for the match. They also don't try to fool people like us who know better.

Big Dave mentioned it was a botch, but that was when the assumption the CoC match was going to not be a triple threat.

The whole Sasha botches meme has gotten silly though. The major botch in the SS match was Charlotte not Sasha

As you said Sasha's issue is she is going to end her career early because of risky spots.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
So how much longer are we gonna have to wait for Wyatt and Ziggler to finally legitimize themselves and stop being everyone's *****?

It's unrealistic to expect these guys to turn it around. Throw Cesaro in there too. They are what they are it this point. The company doesn't see them the way we wish they did.

Bray, especially, is a novelty at this point. He's never going to be champion, he's never going to be a credible monster, he's never going to take down the machine. He's just a midcard guy with a spooky gimmick. I wish it was different, but there is no evidence to suggest these guys will ever become anything.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's unrealistic to expect these guys to turn it around. Throw Cesaro in there too. They are what they are it this point. The company doesn't see them the way we wish they did.

Bray, especially, is a novelty at this point. He's never going to be champion, he's never going to be a credible monster, he's never going to take down the machine. He's just a midcard guy with a spooky gimmick. I wish it was different, but there is no evidence to suggest these guys will ever become anything.

He's Taker without any of the credibility (which is all the bookings fault).

They could turn him into a big deal if they wanted, but for now there is little reason to expect them to use him as anything more then a jobber to the stars.

The time to push Dolph as long passed. He was white hot and they could of pushed him to the moon, but chose not to a squandered all his heat. I'm not sure Dolph can regain his credibility.

Cesaro could go really far with a theme change and some feuds that matter.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Please just send Cesaro to SD. Can you imagine Cesaro vs AJ …its too good an idea so it won’t happen.

Numerous times Cesaro has won over crowds with his amazing talent and wrestling, then he’ll get buried and the crowd won’t care for him. Rinse and repeat, sadly.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Disagree, these guys have all been leapfrogged by the "new era" guys. How is Cesaro or Ziggler going to be in the championship picture when Styles, Owens, Rollins, Balor, Reigns, Ambrose, Zayn, and soon Joe and Nakamura have all entered the main event picture?

On top of that, there are veterans like Cena, Jericho, Sheamus, Orton, Miz that are known commodities and already have established credibility. If you need a transitional champion it's more likely to be one of those guys than Ziggler or Wyatt.

Cesaro, Wyatt, and Ziggler are midcarders at this point and WWE would have to invest a lot of time an energy to change that. And they're not going to do that when they've had a colossal influx of top talent over the past two years that they can put in the main event with very little effort.

It's more cost effective to to just throw together Reigns vs Rollins or KO vs Balor or Styles vs Ambrose than it is to try to repair the image of the guy you've spent 4 years horrifically butchering.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ya sending Cesaro to SD isn't going to change anything. The company doesn't view him as a big important piece.

At best he would job to Miz on SD. He isn't going to be getting any World Title shots in WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Miz now has the longest IC Title reign of the past 5 years. The longest before this one was Cody's at 236 days. Y'all already know Miz is holding it for at least 237 days.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
dat new contract coming in handy

seXa1hb.jpg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Who here is excited to watch The Phenomenal One fight tonight?

*throws up hand like the kid in the back of class who knows the answer to the math problem and is really excited about it and wants to yell out*

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Smackdown

- WWE World Title match: AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose.

What else is booked tonight?

Hoping to see Cena get some kind of fight in
Hoping to see either Orton or Corbin get some kind of fight in
Hoping to see Bray Wyatt get some kind of fight in
Hoping to see Bliss get some kind of singles fight that she wins to further legitimize her claim as #1 contender. Maybe a match against Nikki?
-I repeat... a SINGLES bout. I need a serious break from Natty, Carmella and Naomi-

Hoping to see Slater and Rhyno somehow, doesn't really have to be a fight so long as Rhyno is eating something and doesn't speak.

Hoping that this Miz/Ziggler feud finally dies. The only thing I'm more tired of than watching Dolph fall short for no other reason than to fall short is Stephanie and Foley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad