WWE: Smackdown LIVE part 6 -- This is War

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The entire Club idea I have is for wrestlers on separate rosters to cooperate together in a divide and conquer strategy like Evolution did but to control both shows. It would present an ENORMOUS and legitimate problem for management because how are you going to stop them from usurping power during joint PPV's like Summer Slam, Wrestlemania etc.. they'll be threatened by management and play by the rules for a short time only and then wait to strike. It not only pushes the Club brand but it gives them attention for a legitimate reason.

Gallows/Anderson on Raw, Styles/Corbin on SD! is not a bad idea. I'd prefer Neville as a 5th member because "doing nothing" is not just a figure of speech to describe his body for work right now. Plus it adds a high flier to a stable of brawlers led by AJ Styles.

Like I said I'm not trying to push my ideas. I just want to see if a fan is actually capable of writing better material than WWE is.

Oh...more authority figures.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I've said it since she was in NXT
Alexa is the best women's heel on the roster

I fully admit to bias against Charlotte as I'm not a big fan, but Alexa for life

Next in line for heels is Emma
Then Charlotte

I can't rank the babyfaces

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh...more authority figures.

lmao you're awesome man.

As I said the other night, authority figures aren't the problem. It's who comprises of the authority and how they go out of their way to say, "It's not about us." Serious question... who was the last STABLE GM Raw had? Eric Bischoff? Ever since he was fired, Raw was a revolving door of idiots left in charge of the show. From Brad Maddox to Kane, to Mike Adamle, guest celebrities, to Donald Trump to friggin Hornswoggle in guise of a laptop.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lmao you're awesome man.

As I said the other night, authority figures aren't the problem. It's who comprises of the authority and how they go out of their way to say, "It's not about us." Serious question... who was the last STABLE GM Raw had? Eric Bischoff? Ever since he was fired, Raw was a revolving door of idiots left in charge of the show. From Brad Maddox to Kane, to Mike Adamle, guest celebrities, to Donald Trump to friggin Hornswoggle in guise of a laptop.

Your problem is that you think Stephanie, HHH or Shane would let a big story like that happen without one of them being the centerpiece of the program.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Your problem is that you think Stephanie, HHH or Shane would let a big story like that happen without one of them being the centerpiece of the program.

I never said it wouldn't. But does ANYTHING happen without them being the centerpiece of the program? Someone farts and Stephanie is there to chase them out so she can pump the women's revolution nonsense further. Change the GM's from Stephanie and Shane to Joe Schmo and Jane Doe and everyone's a happy camper.

The "too much authority" argument is painfully ironic because the Monday Night Wars were centered around the idea of authority figures and their lackeys against the good guys. Vince McMahon vs. Austin = highest wrestling ratings ever but no one cared about how much Vince was on TV. He WAS the story. BUt here we have a problem with authority figures being part of EVERY story. Trust me, it's not like your point about too much management exposure falls deaf on me. I can't stand Stephanie. But another problem is that WWE went out of their way to create a stable of upper management bad guys, shoved them down our throats and they absolutely SUCKED at doing it and now we are stuck with them running Raw and SD! But I'll take that in exchange for WWE programming being watchable for the full 2 and 3 hours for the first time in many years.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I never said it wouldn't. But does ANYTHING happen without them being the centerpiece of the program? Someone farts and Stephanie is there to chase them out so she can pump the women's revolution nonsense further. Change the GM's from Stephanie and Shane to Joe Schmo and Jane Doe and everyone's a happy camper.

The "too much authority" argument is painfully ironic because the Monday Night Wars were centered around the idea of authority figures and their lackeys against the good guys. Vince McMahon vs. Austin = highest wrestling ratings ever but no one cared about how much Vince was on TV. He WAS the story. BUt here we have a problem with authority figures being part of EVERY story. Trust me, it's not like your point about too much management exposure falls deaf on me. I can't stand Stephanie. But another problem is that WWE went out of their way to create a stable of upper management bad guys, shoved them down our throats and they absolutely SUCKED at doing it and now we are stuck with them running Raw and SD! But I'll take that in exchange for WWE programming being watchable for the full 2 and 3 hours for the first time in many years.

The extreme majority of the time, it was Austin kicking Vince's ass. Stephanie refuses to put anyone over and thinks emasculating talent is good enough, Shane just dances and Bryan and Foley can't compete... ever.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
The difference about the Attitude Era is that authority figures were actually entertaining. Now I change the channel anytime Steph and Mick come on TV, and I'm already tired of Shane and Bryan needing to get involved in every segment on Smackdown. It's ironic after how much they pumped up the idea that the shows would now be focused on talent post draft, I feel like the show is only centered around the authority these days. It's terrible

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The difference about the Attitude Era is that authority figures were actually entertaining. Now I change the channel anytime Steph and Mick come on TV, and I'm already tired of Shane and Bryan needing to get involved in every segment on Smackdown. It's ironic after how much they pumped up the idea that the shows would now be focused on talent post draft, I feel like the show is only centered around the authority these days. It's terrible

Smackdown is not centered only around Bryan and Shane. It's not centered around them at all actually.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Smackdown is not centered only around Bryan and Shane. It's not centered around them at all actually.

They are still in the ring, or on TV way to often.

Some want to compare SD to NXT, but look at how NXT uses Regal. He gets about one segment per episode at most. They keep him limited and let the storylines focus around the wrestlers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My big gripe is don't lie to me by saying this is a new era about the superstars and then be a part of 3-5 segments a show.

At least Smackdown does a good job in that, while Bryan is a part of quite a few segments, he doesn't actually get anything over on anyone. Most notably in his program with The Miz. No way would this Miz program be going the way it is with Foley and Stephanie. Miz's balls would have been cut off week one thanks to Stephanie and Foley would have fathered him or some ****.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I was just watching Raw 358 or some ****. Foley is commish and trying to find out who ran over Stone Cold. It's painful to watch. Dude is on like 10 different times with different people. Awful

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Finally got around to watching smackdown.

That was hysterical. all of it. but in a good way.

I'm surprised at the level that they are taking this cena-ambrose thing. Especially the talking smack stuff.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The extreme majority of the time, it was Austin kicking Vince's ass. Stephanie refuses to put anyone over and thinks emasculating talent is good enough, Shane just dances and Bryan and Foley can't compete... ever.

They're horrible :cry:

But sadly we are stuck with them for the time being. Once just once I'd like to see Stephanie get punked. Like getting Nickelodeon slimed or Jericho let's loose on her on the mic.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They are still in the ring, or on TV way to often.

Some want to compare SD to NXT, but look at how NXT uses Regal. He gets about one segment per episode at most. They keep him limited and let the storylines focus around the wrestlers.

I get that, but they are involved way too often to where it still seems centered around them even if they don't want it to look that way

No they aren't. Everything that DB and Shane have done has had a purpose that facilitates the progression of a story involving the wrestlers that the stories are focused on. The focus on the segments that DB was involved in were Bliss/Lynch, Miz, and Cena/Ambrose/Styles. I think people are letting their experiences with past authority figures and how poorly those have been impact their judgments here. All you need to do is compare DB's three segments to things Foley has done. That Cruiserweight introduction was a complete botch and even if you got past the botching of the promo leading into it, was there any real focus on the Cruiserweights? Outside of the match itself, no not really and the champion wasn't even put on. With Foley, you hear him talk about his integrity and his relationship with Stephanie and what Hunter did. None of which advances anything involving a wrestler on the show. DB's interaction with Miz does give Miz heat where very often Miz is the focus of those segments and not DB.

And comparing him to Regal is comparing apples to oranges. A one hour show on the Network for a developmental promotion with someone who is not popular, although universally respected, is not the same as a two hour show on live TV with a thin roster pool and a popular guy that fans like seeing.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Nikki isn't any better. Bigger name for sure, but watching he wrestle is like watching paint dry. Rest hold, rest hold, rest hold, and so on. She wrestles at the pace of molasses.

I'll take Carmella over Nikki, at least she's somewhat fresh.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nikki isn't any better. Bigger name for sure, but watching he wrestle is like watching paint dry. Rest hold, rest hold, rest hold, and so on. She wrestles at the pace of molasses.

I'll take Carmella over Nikki, at least she's somewhat fresh.

At least neither of them constantly scream "YEAAAHHHH"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad