SM-Liiga 2013-14 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

Latex*

Tony Salmelainen retires from hockey because of his neck injury.

**** this, loved that guy

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^^ LOL at KalPa :laugh:. "We gave a contract offer for Satan and are now waiting for his decision"

That's nothing but a brown tongue message for fans that they are trying ;)

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Ladislav Nagy LW/RW
HC Kosice --> Jokerit

Kurri, next some centres please even though the markets are bad.

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Pavel Rosa -> Pelicans

Jasse Ikonen -> Hifk

Arttu Ilomäki -> Kalpa (loan)

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
A local newspaper in germany says Chris Connolly will join the Iserlohn Roosters (DEL) tomorrow. Does anyone know something about his situation in Tappara?

Looks like a legit rumor.

Connolly has been a healthy scratch for few weeks now. He was playing on the fourth line before being scratched.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Forward Austin Smith to Ässät from Texas Stars (AHL) / Idaho Steelheads (ECHL).

"A hard working winger with good wheels. Takes his responsibility defensively. Has a fine shot and hands".

Also pretty much free so it's low risk - high reward. Not that excited, but I'm ok with this.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
One year extension (season 2014-15) for forward Tuomas Huhtanen.

Really glad about this one. Has been one of the more positive surprises of the team so far.

Forward Austin Smith to Ässät from Texas Stars (AHL) / Idaho Steelheads (ECHL).

"A hard working winger with good wheels. Takes his responsibility defensively. Has a fine shot and hands".

Also pretty much free so it's low risk - high reward. Not that excited, but I'm ok with this.
Will be playing with Kamil Kreps and Niklas Hagman in the first game tomorrow against HPK. Will be interesting to see what he can bring on to the ice.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Ziga Jeglic (Ässät) to Ingolstadt, Germany.

Interesting to see that he was the first one to go. A cheap player with a good amount of effort and also saw some potential in him, but I guess someone paid enough.

*sigh*

Edit. Apparently the first move came from Jeglic himself. Wanted to go play with a countryman and show his stuff more for the Olympic team. A shame still.

Last edited:

InfernalDark*

Ramzi Abid (JYP) -> Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg, DEL

Bye bye our lil terrorist :(

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Some rumors that Ässät forward Tuomas Pihlman will go to JYP.

Defenceman Danny Groulx quite likely to be shopped somewhere also.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Did i miss something, but doesn't he suck nowadays? Why 3 year contract?
Brings a whole lot of effort, but with that speed just didn't score a lot of points not including a couple short hot streaks. Could be useful on the third or fourth line, on the second pp-unit and in the playoffs. I'd imagine he took quite the pay cut to get three years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad