SM-Liiga 2013-14 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
How are ex-panthers Kreps and Hagman fitting in? Is Kreps still an excellent PKer?
They are playing with Dragan Umicevic and the line is clicking quite nicely based on the practice games I've seen and read about. Constant effort and quality plays in both ends of the ice from both Kreps and Hagman. Haven't really observed Kreps' PKilling though

A bit off-topic, but other people might be interested also so replied here.

Last edited:

Finnsane

Oct 21, 2012
^^ Confirmed. though the contract is atm only till November. Good signing by Kärpät.

From what I've understood, it's for the whole season but he has an option to sign abroads. Well, it's basically the same thing, although what you were saying would suggest that he could sign within SM-liiga for the rest of the season. Nitpicking over

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Ässät

1 year contract with a try-out till 17.11.* for defenceman Alexander Ribbenstrand

*Around the time Tapio Sammalkangas is expected to return from his injury.

Minimal risk/decent reward since he seems to have some potential. Something minor with a couple of our defencemen so an ok move even with the young guys Ässät have in the juniors .

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
And the first suspension of the season has been given after the first game. Blues winger Daniel Widing has been suspended one game for checking to the head of TPS defensman Veli-Matti Vittasmäki.

Right call IMO. We'll see if Liiga will improve from last years farce. Can't get any worse I suppose.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
We'll see if Liiga will improve from last years farce. Can't get any worse I suppose.
If Iiro Järvi has all the power to make the final verdicts (and bigger bosses don't step in like last year) I think the decision making will be in good hands.

btw. the video doesn't work anymore and general thread would be the correct thread for these discussions.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
btw. the video doesn't work anymore and general thread would be the correct thread for these discussions.

Works for me, you just have to click to watch it IN youtube. And I was going to post this on the other topic but it seems I misclicked. Mods can move if they seem it neccesary.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Per Iltalehti; Blues sell Mikko Koskinen to KHL for financial reasons.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/smliiga/2013091417487184_sm.shtml

Are they running out of money or something?

Well there have been rumors of them having equipment issues during the pre-season, problems with paying. They claim to have increased their sponsorship income for this season but have almost empty boards and few ads on their jerseys. Check the Blues section at Jatkoaika.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
On a semi-related note, Jääkiekkoexpertti seems like a good hockey site.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad