SM-Liiga 2013-14 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Niklas Hagman to Jokerit next season is confirmed I guess and rumor has it that his games in Ässät have been played this season also.

Keeping my fingers crossed that at least Dragan Umicevic will continue with the team somehow or Ässät will have to look for a whole first line for next season.

Oh, and Ässät headcoach, Pekka Virta, won't continue with the team next season. Initiative came from Virta and was the stand-up thing to do after things just didn't work out. Some names floating around who will be the next one, but we will see.

Finnsane

Oct 21, 2012
Esa Pirnes -> Kärpät

WTF Junno

Just to add to the depth, no other need for him. He hasn't been that bad in SHL. Masuhr was the more needed piece, though I would have preferred Lajunen, who was also rumoured. But I guess he wasn't available

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Apparently Pekka Rautakallio will be Ässät's head coach next season. Contract should be signed soon.

Rumors on who will leave the team after the season:

- Sillanpää (Tappara?)
- Mutanen (KalPa)
- Umicevic (Lukko, SHL, KHL?)
- Malkamäki (Ilves?)
- Groulx (some lower league or Germany?)
- Kreps (Czech Extraliga?)

Who will join the team:

- Kiilholma (HPK)

Edit. Seriously **** these ****ing lines getting changed every ****ing games. Now 4th liner Tuomas Huhtanen and 2nd liner Austin Smith switch
places for some reason. Well, the third line seems interesting in the form of Juho Lammikko (18yo) - Ville Ahlgren (20yo) - Oskari Lehtinen (20yo).

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Rumors on who will leave the team after the season:

- Umicevic (Lukko, SHL, KHL?)

Dragan Umicevic -> EHC Biel (Switzerland)

Oh and in other news there have been some small rumors that Aleksi Saarela would be leaving Lukko and sign with Ässät.

Last edited:

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Eetu Pöysti --> Jokerit. Seems like Vuorinen wants to build mini Espoo Blues to jaffala if rumours of Pöysti, Huhtala, V.Lajunen and Sallinen brothers are true.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Eetu Pöysti --> Jokerit. Seems like Vuorinen wants to build mini Espoo Blues to jaffala if rumours of Pöysti, Huhtala, V.Lajunen and Sallinen brothers are true.
Nothing but rumors and wrong thread. The Jokerit KHL roster will be announced in summer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nothing but rumors and wrong thread. The Jokerit KHL roster will be announced in summer.

It's still 2013-14 season and this is a rumor thread. Besides, several Blues fans have been posting about it for a while already at Jatkoaika which means it pretty much a certainty.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Can't tell too much about the regular season, I think I saw about four games. He was good at faceoffs and I was impressed by his defensive game.

As for the playoffs (saw all QF games since he was playing against "my" team), was struggling points-wise early until got 3A in game 4, then got better towards the end of quarterfinals, including one SH goal in game 6.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Michael Keränen, Kevin Lankinen, Matti Lamberg, Lauri Taipalus, Sami Blomqvist and Yohan Auvitu to HIFK.

Stupid move by Keränen if he's planning to stay there. If he wants to play in NHL so much, he should have gone to AHL.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Stupid move by Keränen if he's planning to stay there. If he wants to play in NHL so much, he should have gone to AHL.

According to his comments he wants to play in the NHL but has gotten the message, he'll have a better chance a year from now, as a more complete player. He isn't interested in KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->