Slovan Bratislava 2013/2014 season talk

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Here you can see Peter Stastny in dark blue jersey of Slovan Bratislava from 1970 - 1980..

You must be color-blind if you see any relation between the color of Peter Å ťastný's sweater and today's very-dark-blue (almost black) of Slovan's KHL sweaters. :shakehead

And I'm the last one that needs to be shown that Pašek & Rusnák picture, given that my HFBoards user logo right here is a cut-out of Rusnák's chest from that same photograph. :D

Oh, and if you're unaware that all Slovan teams (hockey, football, whatever...) have always been and will always be referred to as belasí (= sky-blue), regardless of the particular shade of blue on their jerseys... then perhaps you're from Zemplín, Australia or Ethiopia, but you certainly ain't from Bratislava. :p:

The adjective belasý in Slovak means "blue like a clear sky" (see the dictionary), and Slovan's current KHL home jerseys look like anything but a clear sky -- it's more like a sky before the storm, if it can remind anyone of a sky at all, which I doubt. (Å ťastný's, PaÅ¡ek's and Rusnák's jerseys are still fine by that definition.)

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
The team needs money. But yeah, if they remain it, fans won't be happy I assume.

There won't be any fans if Red Bull rebrands them. Just look at Salzburg team and their football teams who are all failing to attract... well... anyone.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
You must be color-blind if you see any relation between the color of Peter Šťastný's sweater and today's very-dark-blue (almost black) of Slovan's KHL sweaters. :shakehead

And I'm the last one that needs to be shown that Pašek & Rusnák picture, given that my HFBoards user logo right here is a cut-out of Rusnák's chest from that same photograph. :D

Oh, and if you're unaware that all Slovan teams (hockey, football, whatever...) have always been and will always be referred to as belasí (= sky-blue), regardless of the particular shade of blue on their jerseys... then perhaps you're from Zemplín, Australia or Ethiopia, but you certainly ain't from Bratislava. :p:

The adjective belasý in Slovak means "blue like a clear sky" (see the dictionary), and Slovan's current KHL home jerseys look like anything but a clear sky -- it's more like a sky before the storm, if it can remind anyone of a sky at all, which I doubt. (Šťastný's, Pašek's and Rusnák's jerseys are still fine by that definition.)

Man you must be kidding.. Slovan colours was always blue, first jersey where you can find "blue like a clear sky (belasa)" are these from 2005.

miro%20satan%20slovan%20bratislava.png

Yeah thats huge tradition..

And yes, Peter Stastny jersey is more related to dark blue in my opinion, another foto..

1973%20slovan%20chzjd%20bratislava.png

This is not futbal, SK Slovan used "belasa" earler..

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
It is done! Tomas Marcinko will join Bratislava in 14/15. Signing will be official early in May.

Why are you so cheerful? I don't know him, but what I know is that we don't need another average Extraliga players.. so question is, is he really good enough for KHL?

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Why are you so cheerful? I don't know him, but what I know is that we don't need another average Extraliga players.. so question is, is he really good enough for KHL?

Im not cheerful, i just told it. He is good defensive center, with huge body and gritty play. Good at faceoffs and PK. 3rd or 4th center at best.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
omfg sky blue? are you serious? Maybe I'm blind or I used to many alcohol and drugs when I was young but this is not sky blue.

Anyway..

Slovan GM Krejci in interview for sme.sk said 4 important things..
1. Declined negotiation with Red Bull..

2. Cada remains at Slovan

3. They are trying to extend contracts of Janus, Miklik, Vondrka, Satan and Radivojevič
(except this five there are also Stajnoch, Kopriva, J Mikus, T Mikus, Matousek withotu contracts if I'm correct??)

4. They want to bring a couple of foreigners from Scandinavia or North America to the team

Sources:
- sme.sk - payed article
- sport.sk - only summary from the payed article

Last edited:

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
If Red Bull join Bratislava, one or two Austrians will join the team at least for sure. Which one is good for KHL? Nodl? Pock? Setzinger? Starkbaum?

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
omfg sky blue? are you serious? Maybe I'm blind or I used to many alcohol and drugs when I was young but this is not sky blue.

Neitherway..

Slovan GM Krejci in interview for sme.sk said 4 important things..
1. Declined negotiation with Red Bull..

2. Cada remains at Slovan

3. They are trying to extend contracts of Janus, Miklik, Vondrka, Satan and Radivojevič
(except this five there are also Stajnoch, Kopriva, J Mikus, T Mikus, Matousek withotu contracts if I'm correct??)

4. They want to bring a couple of foreigners from Scandinavia or North America to the team

Sources:
- sme.sk - payed article
- sport.sk - only summary from the payed article

point No.1

Totally lie. What about RB airplane in Bratislava airport's hangar? What about celebrating on Odbojarov street (near to Slovnaft Arena). GM Krajci was saw with Dieter Mateschitz in Stare mesto (Old city). Lets see his face when it will official.

No.2

Slovan is in talks with other coaches, one of them is Milos Riha

No.3

Thats true, but Stajnoch have contract for one more year ;)

No.4

Yeah that as well true. Slovan want maybe 2 scandinavian and 2 canadian (2 + Sigalet). But dont forget on Red Bull, which want at least two austrians at team.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
Krejci lying? No way, he is such a honest guy..

PS: Thomas Vanek for sure, and guess what? His contract ends this season..

Last edited:

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec

Bringing foreigners is really what Slovan should do, just look a Lev Prague, they have 13 Czechs in the team the rest is foreigners and they had an awesome season.

Only local talent is not the best way to do it in the KHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Bringing foreigners is really what Slovan should do, just look a Lev Prague, they have 13 Czechs in the team the rest is foreigners and they had an awesome season.

Because they have a budget three times bigger than Slovan's. It's not like Lev would do any worse with Salak instead of Vehanen and Kovar instead of Kapanen and Kaspar instead of Riderwall.. With that kind of budget you can do perfectly fine with only the local talent. Without the budget though, you have to look for other options (see: Dinamo Riga)

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
There won't be any fans if Red Bull rebrands them. Just look at Salzburg team and their football teams who are all failing to attract... well... anyone.

Red Bull Leipzig and Salzburg football teams are well attended. Leipzig will promote from 3rd league to 2. Bundesliga. In next 2-3 years they are getting into 1. Bundeliga and I´m pretty sure they will fill their 45.000-seater

The Salzburg and München Hockey-team have bad attendence, because Salzburg and München have the strongest Football-teams in their countries. In Bratislava it would be the first Red Bull hockey team where hockey isn´t just the 2nd or 3rd sport.

This "bad Red Bull image" is just outside the Red Bull-Cities, because the Red Bull teams have the best financial opportunities.

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
Salzburg football team plays on empty stadium. They don't even open the upper deck anymore for most of the games. Complete failure.

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Salzburg football team plays on empty stadium. They don't even open the upper deck anymore for most of the games. Complete failure.

Because the domestic league is bad. 10.000 average in that league isn´t so bad.
The last Euroleague-game against Ajax was sold out. CL-Qualification against Fenerbahce was sold out. Next Euroleague-game against Basel will be sold out. So they can fill the red bull arena, they just need stronger opponents.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
This "bad Red Bull image" is just outside the Red Bull-Cities, because the Red Bull teams have the best financial opportunities.

I'm not completely against the Red Bull or so. If they want to sponsor HC Slovan Bratislava ok, you are welcome.. but If they want to change name etc and destroy our tradition, then GFTO Red Bull..

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I hope that the idea of resigning Radivojevič is a tasteless joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
"Bound to"? I don't think so. It seems he's over the hill, big time. Let him find his top-notch performance in some other team, and then he might return -- Slovan is too important for such experiments.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
"Bound to"? I don't think so. It seems he's over the hill, big time. Let him find his top-notch performance in some other team, and then he might return -- Slovan is too important for such experiments.

Well, Slovan has the budget which forces them to take chances on such experiments. I mean it's not like he would be asking some kind of superstar money..

And yeah, sure he's over the hill but he's surely still better than this 11 point season.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Nope, there is no compulsion to re-sign players who have just had a terrible season. That's what teams of losers do. I hope Slovan want to be winners, not losers.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Nope, there is no compulsion to re-sign players who have just had a terrible season. That's what teams of losers do. I hope Slovan want to be winners, not losers.

Dinamo signed Hossa every time he became available (due to his bad play) and are yet to be disappointed. Made the playoffs every time, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad