Slovan Bratislava 2013/2014 season talk

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
AHL former Tomas Marcinko (Hc Kosice) will join the team in next season. Club is also in talks with Marek Viedensky and Marek Hrivik (both AHL). They will try to sign Richard Panik from Tampa Bay and Radoslav Illo (NCAA). Thats my very good information from one person of Slovan.

Next, but not guarenteed rumours are about Milan Jurcina (Liiga), Peter Podhradsky (Donbass), Rastislav Spirko (Spartak). For sure, there will not stay Martin Skoula and Miroslav Kopriva, and maybe Michel Miklik, who can go to the strongest club. The team will may leave Branko Radivojevic.

Sorry, but this looks more like wish than reality, not with such budget.

Richard Panik (RFA after this season),
- his last contract NHL sallary was $790,000 + $110,000 on bonuses

Marek Hrivik
- contracted to 2014-15
- considered as decent prospect in NYR organization

Peter Podhradsky
- he is Donetsk key defender, I don't really believe that Slovan can pay him more.

Milan Jurčina
- are you f.....g kidding me?

Rastislav Spirko
- his contract with Spartak has expired, so this is possible

Radoslav Illo
- maybe, but he is just average player in NCAA (College!) just another (lower sized) Matousek

And still we have many players without contracts..
- Vondrka, Stajnoch, Miklik, Janus, Ölvecký, J. Mikus, T. Mikus, Kopriva, Kolena, Matousek, Radivojevic, Satan (?)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
When it comes to Podhradsky, I really don't think Donbass will be too eager to extend him so he might be up for grabs.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
When it comes to Podhradsky, I really don't think Donbass will be too eager to extend him so he might be up for grabs.

According to my informations..

Donbass Donetsk - Budget: €18,6 million
Slovan Bratislava - Budget: €13,4 million

Is there any negative rumours about Donetsk financial situation? If no, I don't see any reason why they should let him go. He will be NSA, so I can imagine that some bigger team can outbid Donetsk but not Slovan..

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is there any negative rumours about Donetsk financial situation? If no, I don't see any reason why they should let him go. He will be NSA, so I can imagine that some bigger team can outbid Donetsk but not Slovan..

Frankly, considering the names they have on that team I guess Donbass' budget is even bigger than the one you've listed but that's exactly the reason why they can get someone better. They should let him go because as of now he's their sixth defenseman and they can easily sign some good Canadian boy like Mathieu Carle for much more reasonable price.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
Frankly, considering the names they have on that team I guess Donbass' budget is even bigger than the one you've listed but that's exactly the reason why they can get someone better. They should let him go because as of now he's their sixth defenseman and they can easily sign some good Canadian boy like Mathieu Carle for much more reasonable price.

Sixth? He is third in TOI, best in +- in whole team, second in defenders productivity..

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sixth? He is third in TOI, best in +- in whole team, second in defenders productivity..

Sixth in TOI so far in the playoffs which is what matters the most. It's not what management thinks about you at the beginning of the season it's how it is at the end of it and right now it looks like Podhradsky is sixth. Sure he will score some points since he has a good shot, right handed and all that jazz but overall, as I've mentioned I don't think Donbass will be too eager to bring him back since they can really find someone better.

The only problem they might have that I can think of is a shaky situation in Ukraine and players may be reluctant to go play there.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
Sixth in TOI so far in the playoffs which is what matters the most. It's not what management thinks about you at the beginning of the season it's how it is at the end of it and right now it looks like Podhradsky is sixth. Sure he will score some points since he has a good shot, right handed and all that jazz but overall, as I've mentioned I don't think Donbass will be too eager to bring him back since they can really find someone better.

Sorry but you must be kidding, now...

He played full whole regular season (53 games!) as top 4 pairing def (sometimes in first, sometimes in second line). In playoff games he played two games in third pair and you are talking that he is sixth def? Maybe he is just ill or injured..

Podhradsky is defender with very good reputation in KHL, he played 7 seasons on very good level, scored from 21 to 38 points in every season except first. In my opinion he is too expensive for Slovan (if budged will be similar as this year).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He played full whole regular season (53 games!) as top 4 pairing def (sometimes in first, sometimes in second line). In playoff games he played two games in third pair and you are talking that he is sixth def? Maybe he is just ill or injured..

Podhradsky is defender with very good reputation in KHL, he played 7 seasons on very good level, scored from 21 to 38 points in every season except first. In my opinion he is too expensive for Slovan (if budged will be similar as this year).

Well, first of, number of pairing you play on in Donbass is just a number. Konev was penciled into a first pairing quite a lot even though he shouldn't be in the KHL in the first place. Bartulis, for example, was penciled into the third pairing for the most part although he leads the team in TOI and is the best defenseman they have. So there's that.

Secondly, Podhradsky was paired with Wilson almost all season long and their primary responsibility is to create offense while playing sheltered minutes and play PP. How these playoffs have shown if Donbass has to hold the lead their TOI plummet and while TOI of other, defensively more responsible Ds, increases. Injury or illness has nothing to do with it. So yeah, he's not a sixth defenseman per se but it's safe to say he's a role player. And I think Donbass can and will easily find someone better for that role.

And yeah, Podhradsky has a kind of good reputation around the league but that also means everyone knows exactly who he is: good shot, not the greatest in his own zone, pretty bad skater and 34 years old. Even is his prime he was never a top-team material and even more so now. So he really shouldn't be out of Slovan's reach especially if playing in Slovakia would be a factor for him.

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Sorry, but this looks more like wish than reality, not with such budget.

Richard Panik (RFA after this season),
- his last contract NHL sallary was $790,000 + $110,000 on bonuses

Marek Hrivik
- contracted to 2014-15
- considered as decent prospect in NYR organization

Peter Podhradsky
- he is Donetsk key defender, I don't really believe that Slovan can pay him more.

Milan Jurčina
- are you f.....g kidding me?

Rastislav Spirko
- his contract with Spartak has expired, so this is possible

Radoslav Illo
- maybe, but he is just average player in NCAA (College!) just another (lower sized) Matousek

And still we have many players without contracts..
- Vondrka, Stajnoch, Miklik, Janus, Ölvecký, J. Mikus, T. Mikus, Kopriva, Kolena, Matousek, Radivojevic, Satan (?)

Imo, he listed this players as a possibility. That means not all of them will come this summer. one, two, maybe 3.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Imo, he listed this players as a possibility. That means not all of them will come this summer. one, two, maybe 3.

Yeah ur right. Most possible names are Marcinko, Viedensky and Podhradsky (former of Slovan). They should sign other Slovak goalie (two if Janus will leave the team), Jan Laco and Rastislav Stana (maybe Julius Hudacek) are options. Now, its looks more possible that i've told. Milos Riha will be our coach next season. Lets see :)

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava

Gaborik and Handzus contracts are also running out, so you can also list them as the possibilities... :D

BlueBratislava

Nov 7, 2013
Yeah ur right. Most possible names are Marcinko, Viedensky and Podhradsky (former of Slovan). They should sign other Slovak goalie (two if Janus will leave the team), Jan Laco and Rastislav Stana (maybe Julius Hudacek) are options. Now, its looks more possible that i've told. Milos Riha will be our coach next season. Lets see :)

Janus + Stana can be one of the best goalie duos in all of European hockey. Stana played great for CSKA and now he's playing unreal for Kosice.
I think Petri Matikainen would be the best replacement for Cada for similar money as Riha.
Well, we'll see what happens after the season....especially with RedBull

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
Well, first of, number of pairing you play on in Donbass is just a number. Konev was penciled into a first pairing quite a lot even though he shouldn't be in the KHL in the first place. Bartulis, for example, was penciled into the third pairing for the most part although he leads the team in TOI and is the best defenseman they have. So there's that.

Secondly, Podhradsky was paired with Wilson almost all season long and their primary responsibility is to create offense while playing sheltered minutes and play PP. How these playoffs have shown if Donbass has to hold the lead their TOI plummet and while TOI of other, defensively more responsible Ds, increases. Injury or illness has nothing to do with it. So yeah, he's not a sixth defenseman per se but it's safe to say he's a role player. And I think Donbass can and will easily find someone better for that role.

And yeah, Podhradsky has a kind of good reputation around the league but that also means everyone knows exactly who he is: good shot, not the greatest in his own zone, pretty bad skater and 34 years old. Even is his prime he was never a top-team material and even more so now. So he really shouldn't be out of Slovan's reach especially if playing in Slovakia would be a factor for him.

According to your logic, Podhradsky is number one defender in Donbass, now. Today his TOI was 22:08, most of all Donbass players.. :yo:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Gaborik and Handzus contracts are also running out, so you can also list them as the possibilities... :D

True. But lets see it realistic. Handzus maybe. He is old experieced center, maybe he want to go back to Slovakia. Then he could also not be so expensive.

Gaborik is :shakehead :shakehead . He will find some team in NHL. But there is question. Is he money focused? If yes, he will go to KHL. Omsk will pay him a lot more than he will take in NHL next season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Gaborik is :shakehead :shakehead . He will find some team in NHL. But there is question. Is he money focused? If yes, he will go to KHL. Omsk will pay him a lot more than he will take in NHL next season.

Not sure about that. Gaborik could still easily get 5M in the NHL and considering how Omsk had to go cheap on defense after they signed Kostitsyn this year their budget certainly has limitations.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
The fact that NHL cap floor is going to jump significantly, some team is bound to invest in Gaborik.

An Argument For

Feb 25, 2014
The fact that NHL cap floor is going to jump significantly, some team is bound to invest in Gaborik.

Gaborik is only two years removed from a 40 goal season a 2nd Team All-Star. Plus the free agent market is brutally scarce in the NHL this year. He's still an amazing player, he just needs to be healthy and he really needs the right coach and team situation. He's going to get a very good contract somewhere in the NHL.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Unofficial: Red bull is since today 51% majority owner of Slovan Bratislava.

I seriously hope it is not true. It removes all the identity of this wonderful team. The beautiful eagle logo and nice colours will be gone. The team itself will be an ad and I am totally not in favour of that. I'm sure this is how you Slovan fans feel...

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The eagle is foreign to Slovan tradition and was only added in the 1990s. I wouldn't mind losing the eagle. However, Slovan players will always be called belasí (= sky-blue), even if the club's name included "Red Bull". :D The current very-dark-blue KHL jerseys are foreign to Slovan tradition, too. Only the sky-blue jerseys used for a number of Slovan's KHL home games are truly traditional Slovan jerseys.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
The eagle is foreign to Slovan tradition and was only added in the 1990s. I wouldn't mind losing the eagle. However, Slovan players will always be called belasí (= sky-blue), even if the club's name included "Red Bull". The current very-dark-blue KHL jerseys are foreign to Slovan tradition, too. Only the sky-blue jerseys used for a number of Slovan's KHL home games are truly traditional Slovan jerseys.

You are too old or too young. If you are too old your memory is getting worse quickly if you are too young you should stop comment things you cant even remember..

Here you can see Peter Stastny in dark blue jersey of Slovan Bratislava from 1970 - 1980..

peter%20stastny%20slovan%20bratislava.jpg

And here is Darius Rusznak and Dusan Pasek, in home jersey from 1988..

rusnak%20pasek.jpg

And here are retro jerseys from early Sixties....

slovan%201965.png

Sorry but no light blue (Belasa).. First light blue jersey Slovan announced in 2004 or 2005... before that we were just blue for around 30 years!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad