Slovan Bratislava 2013/2014 season talk

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Oh no, you forgot "Official Slovan Bratislava 2013/2014 season talk". Somebody fix it, quick!

Ugh, and then there is "Official HC Donbass 2013/2014 Discussion"... ‎My OCD is killing me.

No, seriously, we should get a template. Like "Official *team name* *city name* 2013/2014 season talk" without any "threads" or "discussions".

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Oh no, you forgot "Official Slovan Bratislava 2013/2014 season talk". Somebody fix it, quick!

Ugh, and then there is "Official HC Donbass 2013/2014 Discussion"... ‎My OCD is killing me.

No, seriously, we should get a template. Like "Official *team name* *city name* 2013/2014 season talk" without any "threads" or "discussions".

Are you afraid unofficial ones will pop-up otherwise? :laugh: But yeah, I'll edit those.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Are you afraid unofficial ones will pop-up otherwise? :laugh: But yeah, I'll edit those.

I've always thought about it as a way to make all threads to start with the same letter/word for better sorting and whatnot.

Yeah, a little consistency won't hurt. Thanks in advance.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Belasí, belasí, belasíí.. :naughty:

First friendly tomorrow at Eden, lookin' forward to it. And on 1st August first home match against Spartak. 8,500 tickets out of 10,000 already sold. :)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Belasí, belasí, belasíí.. :naughty:

First friendly tomorrow at Eden, lookin' forward to it. And on 1st August first home match against Spartak. 8,500 tickets out of 10,000 already sold. :)

What really? I knew KHL schedules started earlier, but they are already starting the season (exhibition season)? Wow.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Slavia Prague v. Slovan Bratislava 1:2

Goals: Mihálik & Sersen - both defenders. Nice start, we continu next week on 1st August against Spartak at home.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
It's more like an exhibition season for the exhibition season (European Trophy), so yeah, Slovan starts very early.

I guess the "normal" exhibition matches are the ones were the coaches look if their players are in shape and prepare them for the KHL season while European Trophy is the competition where to make some interesting changes and give young guys a chance to play. At least it was like this for most ET teams last year.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I guess the "normal" exhibition matches are the ones were the coaches look if their players are in shape and prepare them for the KHL season while European Trophy is the competition where to make some interesting changes and give young guys a chance to play. At least it was like this for most ET teams last year.

Just for comparison, Finnish teams are basically forbidden to get on the ice before August due to CBA type of deal with the Finnish PA. Apart from the traditional one day tournament Pitsiturnaus in Rauma, the first real exhibition games don't start until August 7th.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Oh ok, thanks!

Solid. Any info on lines or players?

Here you go:
Kopřiva (Janus) – Sersen, Å koula, Sigalet, Mojžíš, Mihálik, Å tajnoch, Brejčák, Ďatelinka – Bartovič, Bližňák, Netík, Vondrka, Ölvecký, Miklík, Hudáček, Kukumberg, Daňo, Mikúš, Å ťastný, Kolena, Kudrna.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Just for comparison, Finnish teams are basically forbidden to get on the ice before August due to CBA type of deal with the Finnish PA. Apart from the traditional one day tournament Pitsiturnaus in Rauma, the first real exhibition games don't start until August 7th.

German teams also start only in August with exhibition matches. For the ET teams ET is their preparation for the DEL season. Guess its the same for Fins.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Here you go:
Kopřiva (Janus) – Sersen, Å koula, Sigalet, Mojžíš, Mihálik, Å tajnoch, Brejčák, Ďatelinka – Bartovič, Bližňák, Netík, Vondrka, Ölvecký, Miklík, Hudáček, Kukumberg, Daňo, Mikúš, Å ťastný, Kolena, Kudrna.

Interesting, thanks!

Quite a few regulars in the lineup then. Be interesting to see what changes are made by the time season opens.

Was Tomas Kubalik's contract overturned btw? Last I had heard he had signed with Slovan, but that his rights might have been held by Lev.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Interesting, thanks!

Quite a few regulars in the lineup then. Be interesting to see what changes are made by the time season opens.

Was Tomas Kubalik's contract overturned btw? Last I had heard he had signed with Slovan, but that his rights might have been held by Lev.

Kubalik never signed with Slovan. He was drafted by Sibir. Sibir traded his rights to Lev and he signed with Lev. Yes, twitter of Slovan claimed that Kubalik is close to deal with Slovan.. but it did not happen.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
German teams also start only in August with exhibition matches. For the ET teams ET is their preparation for the DEL season. Guess its the same for Fins.

Yup, e.g. Jokerit have only one non-ET pre-season game(their first actually, against the Mestis team Kiekko-Vantaa).

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Satan probably will not stay. Some names which can replaced him? Petr Prucha is my favourite.

They could look in the rest of Europe for good and affordable players. I somehow think Prucha might be too expensive after playing NHL & SKA in the last 8 years.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Kubalik never signed with Slovan. He was drafted by Sibir. Sibir traded his rights to Lev and he signed with Lev. Yes, twitter of Slovan claimed that Kubalik is close to deal with Slovan.. but it did not happen.

Damn. Would have been GREAT pickup for Slovan. Ok thanks.

Lev will be deadly this year. Slovan won the Lev-Slovan rivalry last year imo, but it'll be much harder this year.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Damn. Would have been GREAT pickup for Slovan. Ok thanks.

Lev will be deadly this year. Slovan won the Lev-Slovan rivalry last year imo, but it'll be much harder this year.

Lev can make conference finals this season in my opinion. They will stand better in the table than us, definitely. Therefore we must win at least one derby match and enjoy another X-thousands trip to Prague.

http://www.welt.de/img/fussball/cro...riginal-h386-l0/bvbfck1-DW-Sport-Dortmund.jpg
:)

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Ich bin einferstanden!:laugh::laugh:

You know it's really weird. When Dortmund won the German football championship their fans were kinda disappointed because they lost twice against their archrivals Schalke 04 whose fans were incredibly happy about it. :naughty:

I wonder if the competition between Lev and Slovan might become as crazy one day. :laugh:

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
You know it's really weird. When Dortmund won the German football championship their fans were kinda disappointed because they lost twice against their archrivals Schalke 04 whose fans were incredibly happy about it. :naughty:

I wonder if the competition between Lev and Slovan might become as crazy one day. :laugh:

That happened this year but Dortmund didn't win league, Bayern did. But it's true I'm only talking about Meisterschafts from 10/11+11/12 seasons.
Anyway, Nur der BVB! :yo:

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
That happened this year but Dortmund didn't win league, Bayern did. But it's true I'm only talking about Meisterschafts from 10/11+11/12 seasons.
Anyway, Nur der BVB! :yo:

Oh, sry you're right. Well I don't follow Bundesliga that much as my team (1. FC Kaiserslautern) plays 2. Bundesliga. :D

Btw I got one question regarding Slovan: acc to Wikipedia HC Slovan was part of the football club when founded. Is there still a connection between the two sports or do they only share Slovan as a name?

PS: If known would be also interesting how its the case with Dynamo Moscow, Spartak Moscow, CSKA Moscow and Dinamo Minsk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad