Sky ain't falling (yet, so let's still complain!) - Hawks defeat Sharks 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Talk about two polar opposite results last night and tonight

We still didn't look like we had as much speed as we usually do, but we cut out the mistakes and the awful passing. I can't remember the last time I saw as many passes at the skates as I saw last night. Keith in particular brutal with the passing.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I like our roster and our system, but I think we could maximize it even more if Q wouldn't make the mindnumbing decisions that handicaps certain facets/lines during games.

I honestly think, when healthy, we easily have the best top to bottom roster in the NHL right now. Q's job isn't and really shouldn't be that hard. Not many tough decisions to make with this group.

Purdy much. Q is a solid coach. But any good coach should win lots and lots of hockey games with this roster.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Had a meeting but caught the last period of the game. Loved it, especially after last night. Question though: why doesn't sharp always do moves like that in SO's? Because that was ridiculous

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
I thought the Sharks were a top team in the West. Sure didn't look like it tonight for w/e reason. Hell the only goal they scored was really all because of Crawford. Basically looked like the Hawks from last night.

Hawks defense did look better.

Circus road trip time. 7 straight road games -- going to be tough.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I thought the Sharks were a top team in the West. Sure didn't look like it tonight for w/e reason. Hell the only goal they scored was really all because of Crawford. Basically looked like the Hawks from last night.

Not saying we are going to go 7-0, but I'm not exactly scared of the Jets, Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Flames, or Stars.

The Avs game should be a lot of fun, though.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012

I'm sure we didn't look like it yesterday

zac

Apr 29, 2009
That doesn't mean he should play there though.

Exactly. I'd rather have Leddy the dman getting 15-17 minutes a night, than Brookbank. As much as Brookbank sucks as a winger, he's even worse as a dman.

If you watched last night's game you'll know why.

Keithsteeth

Nov 10, 2013
The Hawks just dominated the team with the best record (they had 2 less points than Anaheim, but also 2 less GP) in the NHL. Even better, the Hawks now have the best record in the NHL and are tied with Anaheim for the most points (but we've played 1 less game).

Versteeg with a goal and 2 assists already in 2 games.

And heck, not only did we just dominate the Sharks, we did it without Hossa!

If the Hawks can make the PK respectable they have a great chance to repeat

zac

Apr 29, 2009

This is what I thought as well. I didn't think we were that great, rather than a case of them being that flat. We certainly looked better than last night. If that doesn't end up being the worst game of the year for us I'll be pretty surprised.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
After the last two games I truly expected the Hawks to have nothing in the tank for tonight.

So happy to be proven wrong. They were great (sans HorriBollig.) Even Smith looked pretty good.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
How about Pirri's play? He might be playing himself into the 2C spot. Lines when the Hawks are healthy

Sharp Toews Hossa
Saad Pirri Kane
Bickel Shaw Versteeg
Smith Handzus Kruger

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Would prefer to see:

Saad - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Pirri - Hossa
Bickell - Shaw - Versteeg
Bollig - Kruger - Smith

The PP units will be interesting when we get healthy.. will Pirri, Saad or Versteeg be the odd man out on the 2nd unit?

Shaw - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Keith

Versteeg - Saad - Hossa
Seabrook - Leddy

Nothingman*

Would prefer to see:

Saad - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Pirri - Hossa
Bickell - Shaw - Versteeg
Bollig - Kruger - Smith

The PP units will be interesting when we get healthy.. will Pirri, Saad or Versteeg be the odd man out on the 2nd unit?

Shaw - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Keith

Versteeg - Saad - Hossa
Seabrook - Leddy

I would suspect Q will put Zeus. On the 4th line on occasion. In place of who is the question.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I just hope that he doesn't slot him on the second line the minute Pirri has a down game or two and decides to throw Pirri on the fourth line with Bollig and Kruger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad