Sky ain't falling (yet, so let's still complain!) - Hawks defeat Sharks 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

I just hope that he doesn't slot him on the second line the minute Pirri has a down game or two and decides to throw Pirri on the fourth line with Bollig and Kruger.

If Pirri performs during the road trip and continues to gel on that line I think he will have a really hard time slotting Zeus at 2C. But that is a legit fear.

The benefit will be that we will be able to have most people healthy and give some guys some rest as the schedule gets busier and guys get tired. It would be nice to have a steady third line lineup for once too.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If Pirri performs during the road trip and continues to gel on that line I think he will have a really hard time slotting Zeus at 2C. But that is a legit fear.

The benefit will be that we will be able to have most people healthy and give some guys some rest as the schedule gets busier and guys get tired. It would be nice to have a steady third line lineup for once too.

Pirri will be ok as long as he doesn't go into a prolonged scoring drought anytime soon.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago

I think Q will give Pirri the opportunity to keep his spot with good play. Most recent case of this was Saad keeping his spot when Carcillo came back from injury. Obviously a different situation with Zeus and Pirri, but good play goes a long way nonetheless.

Judrix

Teuvo is Kane's son
Feb 24, 2010
Chicago
When Handzus is healthy, you put him at 4C, move Kruger to 3rd line W. Keep Bollig and Smith on the 4th with Zus.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I thought the Sharks were a top team in the West. Sure didn't look like it tonight for w/e reason. Hell the only goal they scored was really all because of Crawford.

To be fair, Couture did hit the post. (he does that alot it seems)

Only thing I'll complain about is Versteeg looking so ****ing weird with #23. Rozsival should just be a nice teammate and give Steeger back his #32. Oh.. and Brookbank playing when Morin, who was sent down, continues to light it up in Rockford.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That was an important bounce back win by Hawks and a good way to get in the right frame of mind going on the road. Can’t get too cocky though. Sharks were a tired team, on the tail end of a successful road trip, and kind of mailed it in after keeping it respectable over 2 periods.

I’m not sure I should be, but I’m looking forward to seeing Raanta’s first NHL start. Scanning the schedule, possibly Thursday against the Jets and/or Monday vs Oilers. If his debut is successful, I’d like to see him get the nod for both of those games.

On another note: if Hossa can’t go, I’d like to see Morin back up on the 3rd line, and the top 2 lines balanced out to look like this: 23-19-88 & 10-37-20 ….

And if Hossa is back: 10-19-88 & 20-37-81 ….. it’s probably wishful thinking though.

RomersWorld*

A team like the Hawks should never have Brookbank and Bollig on two separate lines or playing in the same game ever.

Why Bollig never seems to get punished for his stupidity despite not even ever fighting or being good at anything amazes me. It's nice that he had a little "hot streak" to start the year but he is a guy who can get 10 points over 82 games if lucky. Morin could get as many goals as Bollig can points in the same minutes while throwing some hits as well(although not as many). But since Bollig never fights anyways...is the difference if 1.5 hits/g vs 2.5 hits/g really make up for the fact that Morin could be a serious weapon on the 4th line and Bollig can't? Morin can score 15 goals from that spot IMO playing with Kruger/Handzus/Smith.

I wouldn't mind a Hamdzus/Kruger/Smith line when healthy. Just no Bollig/Brookbank PLEASE. We aren't the Buffalo Sabres or some other crap team that needs to play some plug that offers nothing offensively just to fill the lineup. We have depth, scoring depth and if like if we used it to our advantage.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
The Avs game should be a lot of fun, though.

It'll be a good one. Colorado's fresh off a loss at home to Florida and their goaltending seems to be regressing toward the mean like everyone expected. They always play the Hawks well.

And yeah, I'm still lost on Brookbank. Bollig has been playing like an idiot for a week but at least he's in a role he can handle.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
A team like the Hawks should never have Brookbank and Bollig on two separate lines or playing in the same game ever.

Why Bollig never seems to get punished for his stupidity despite not even ever fighting or being good at anything amazes me. It's nice that he had a little "hot streak" to start the year but he is a guy who can get 10 points over 82 games if lucky. Morin could get as many goals as Bollig can points in the same minutes while throwing some hits as well(although not as many). But since Bollig never fights anyways...is the difference if 1.5 hits/g vs 2.5 hits/g really make up for the fact that Morin could be a serious weapon on the 4th line and Bollig can't? Morin can score 15 goals from that spot IMO playing with Kruger/Handzus/Smith.

I wouldn't mind a Hamdzus/Kruger/Smith line when healthy. Just no Bollig/Brookbank PLEASE. We aren't the Buffalo Sabres or some other crap team that needs to play some plug that offers nothing offensively just to fill the lineup. We have depth, scoring depth and if like if we used it to our advantage.

Bollig's been good in his role. Don't get the hate for him. Morin would not score 15 goals on the 4th line, and I'm a Morin fan.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Bollig has a role on the 4th line and he plays it well with his line mates. They get out there and maintain a decent forecheck and cycle, and don't typically give much up. Complaining that Morin could be there when his skill set doesn't suggest that he would be a fit on the 4th line anyway is reaching. I'm a big fan of Morin's, but there just isn't really any reason to remove Bollig from his spot in the lineup.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
not a Morin fan, never really was. Hope he does well but don't see it. Bollig has been fine. He brings energy in the role he has and thats what he has to do. He looks like a good teammate too.

wonder what MM has to say about Krügers assist...

Nothingman*

That was an important bounce back win by Hawks and a good way to get in the right frame of mind going on the road. Can’t get too cocky though. Sharks were a tired team, on the tail end of a successful road trip, and kind of mailed it in after keeping it respectable over 2 periods.

I’m not sure I should be, but I’m looking forward to seeing Raanta’s first NHL start. Scanning the schedule, possibly Thursday against the Jets and/or Monday vs Oilers. If his debut is successful, I’d like to see him get the nod for both of those games.

On another note: if Hossa can’t go, I’d like to see Morin back up on the 3rd line, and the top 2 lines balanced out to look like this: 23-19-88 & 10-37-20 ….

And if Hossa is back: 10-19-88 & 20-37-81 ….. it’s probably wishful thinking though.

I agree with your Rantaa projected scheduled starts. Those would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad