Skjei unsure if he's ready to leave U. of Minn.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If he feels he can add another dimension to his game (increase his offense) then it is hard to argue against it.

Skjei should also understand that he's a boy who is not old enough to buy beer, while Gordie and the rest of them are professionals.

As an attorney, I hate clients who start telling me, "but I feel that..." I don't care how you feel. You don't understand anything that's going on. You think you do because you are in the courtroom, but all your impressions of what you saw and heard are wrong, so please, just shut up and do as I tell you because you are wrong and I'm right, and if you don't do as I say, you'll only mess yourself up.

Skjei needs to understand this too. He's not a professional. Gordie, Gorton, Slats, etc are. Listen to them!

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
McDonagh too. According to HF, it meant that McDonagh had attitude problems and Kreider was going to the Bruins.

True. Actually vintage, opinions like that is HF. On top of that, not a single person is ready to raise their hand an say "I leave". gotta love it :laugh:

SupersonicMonkey*

Skjei should also understand that he's a boy who is not old enough to buy beer, while Gordie and the rest of them are professionals.

As an attorney, I hate clients who start telling me, "but I feel that..." I don't care how you feel. You don't understand anything that's going on. You think you do because you are in the courtroom, but all your impressions of what you saw and heard are wrong, so please, just shut up and do as I tell you because you are wrong and I'm right, and if you don't do as I say, you'll only mess yourself up.

Skjei needs to understand this too. He's not a professional. Gordie, Gorton, Slats, etc are. Listen to them!

Kreider stayed in school. McDonagh and Hagelin stayed in school.

I don't see the problem.

ReolverHF

May 22, 2014
Now say he gets hurt during this college year...Is he willing to live with that regret?

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL

That's really your attitude towards clients?

SupersonicMonkey*

Now say he gets hurt during this college year...Is he willing to live with that regret?

He can just as easily get hurt in Hartford and New York.

You mean, if he has a career ending injury and no pay day to make up for it?

He can finish school and get a job. Its a risk, but playing D1 isn't anything to be regretful of.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I have no problem with Skjei going back to MU.

I'm a firm believer in players dominating their peers before they advance to the next level.

Staal, McD both did it. I think their results speak for themselves.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

I mean you can't compare this to a hockey player who wants to stay in school for whatever reason. He must be able to do his own decision even if he is a future pro athlete, yes this is a business involving a lot money but in the end this is his life, he have every rights to make his own decision law clients can't.

SupersonicMonkey*

Uh, can we wait until AFTER he actually commits to go back before we unfairly crush the kid?

Even if he does go back for his Junior year, can we not crush the kid?.

I'm a big fan of Skjei and feel he will be a core piece and replace Staal, and hope he signs, but if he feels he would gain more confidence moving forward by having a big year at Minnesota and compete for an NCAA Title, how can anyone fault him?

Kreider went back against the Rangers advice, and became BC's top scorer and won a second NCAA Title before going pro and having a huge impact on the Rangers run to the ECF.

By the way about Kreider, since being drafted: 2 NCAA Titles, WJC Gold, WJC Bronze, 1 Eastern Conference Championship, 2 Eastern Conference Finals, 1 Stanley Cup Final

Winning follows the kid around.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Even if he does go back for his Junior year, can we not crush the kid?.

I'm a big fan of Skjei and feel he will be a core piece and replace Staal, and hope he signs, but if he feels he would gain more confidence moving forward by having a big year at Minnesota and compete for an NCAA Title, how can anyone fault him?

Kreider went back against the Rangers advice, and became BC's top scorer and won a second NCAA Title before going pro and having a huge impact on the Rangers run to the ECF.

By the way about Kreider, since being drafted: 2 NCAA Titles, WJC Gold, WJC Bronze, 1 Eastern Conference Championship, 2 Eastern Conference Finals, 1 Stanley Cup Final

Winning follows the kid around.

You missed the word "unfairly" in my post. :)

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I mean you can't compare this to a hockey player who wants to stay in school for whatever reason. He must be able to do his own decision even if he is a future pro athlete, yes this is a business involving a lot money but in the end this is his life, he have every rights to make his own decision law clients can't.

I think he should go pro. You can always go back to school if pro hockey doesn't work out.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
To be clear, I'd love it if the kid signed, especially since I think the best course of action is to try to get value from Staal right now, but at the end of the day he's got to do what he thinks is right for him.

That said, the fact that Rielly committed weeks ago and he's still "weighing his options" speaks to the fact that he's waiting to see a) how he does in prospect camp and b) what other moves the team makes over the summer. Which, frankly, is the smart play.

People are hanging WAAAAAY too much on one quote.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00