Skip Bayless to leave ESPN

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This sucks, Skip and Stephen A. made for one of the funniest shows on television

I'm not into guys like Cowherd who try really hard to be funny and fall flat, but these two made it seem like they really believe the ludicrous things that come out of their mouths, and it paid dividends in gut busters for me

Without each other to play off of I fear both of their shows will become difficult to watch, I hate this

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And nothing of value was lost.

And if he goes to FS1, well.... not like I'll need a reason to continue to forget that that channel exists.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lol at FS1 though. I just saw they are giving Jason Whitlock and Colin Cowherd a show called "Speak for Yourself" on FS1 that is supposed to be on at 6pm-7pm right after PTI. Its their version of PTI. Cowherd and Bayless would be better.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
My favorite memory of Skippy will always be the following....dedicated to my man Ser Woof, who may long for this depending on how the QB situation in Denver plays out this coming season!

Lol. Since then I can't even watch him. Fool doesn't even realize a QB actually has to be able to play QB. I guess the Bills win the SB by his logic. Their top 3 picks have lost 2 games total together.

Haha. Damn.

Mind you... probably'll be Tebowing a lot this season... but for all the wrong reasons.

Now that was funny.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Apparently several ESPN colleagues basically have said "good riddance" to him.....he did not seem to be very well liked by his co-workers.

And he went out with a bang......insisting Kyrie & not LeBron was the true MVP of the Finals :laugh:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
My favorite part about Skip was his decade long love for Vince Young.

Skip truly thought that he was the best quarterback in football until he was cut by the Packers. He defended him and made up excuse after excuse.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I give guys like Skip Bayless all the credit in the world. They are "heels" and play the part to perfection no matter how idiotic in makes them look. Now that's conviction!

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If Skip goes to Fox, we will see how Troy Aikman deals with it. He HATES the dude, and rightfully so.

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/0...ikman-skip-bayless-fox-sports-1?xid=si_social

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,†Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless."

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/0...ikman-skip-bayless-fox-sports-1?xid=si_social

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,†Aikman said. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless."
Yeah, if I were a higher up at FOX, I'd make sure Skip & Troy do not cross paths.

Meanwhile, I have some time off from work starting Friday, so I plan to check this new show out. Max Kellerman just is not doing it for me as Skip's replacement on 1st Take.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Why does Aikman hate Skip? Isn't Skip a Cowboy homer?

In Skip's book he wrote on the 90's Cowboys he insinuated but didn't come out and say Aikman was gay. Later he said he wished he just came out and said it in the book even though he didn't know if it was true or not.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Don't think for a second that an Aikman and Bayless feud is something that Fox absolutely wants.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh I'm quite sure that's exactly what they'd love, but I doubt Troy sinks to that level & they may risk losing him if they try & push it too far.

I hope it happens, Aikman is above it. Someday Gruden's going to go back to coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad