Skip Bayless to leave ESPN

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Liked him way more than Stephen A. He atleast had his own thoughts. Stephen A knows nothing except "I'm a homeboy with this vat in the NBA." Dude should also leave and go into politics.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
People will now have to find another source to whine about ESPN.

Bayless is a super troll...but he has one job and that is to draw ratings/website hits. Which he does...thus, Fox offering him big bucks.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Bayless is hilarious, but I'm going to miss the dynamic of him and Stephen A. Smith. Those two provided too many laughs over the years together, their chemistry was amazing.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
My favorite memory of Skippy will always be the following....dedicated to my man Ser Woof, who may long for this depending on how the QB situation in Denver plays out this coming season!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Can't say I was a fan, but actively avoid most of the hot take shows. My one distinct memory was an article he wrote blaming the NFL for Maurice Clarett's failed career. Absent in the article was that unreasonable expectation that a professional athlete might actively have to stay in shape.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/14/troy-aikman-still-unhappy-with-skip-bayless/

Once upon a time, when ESPN gratuitous contrarian Skip Bayless worked for the Dallas Morning News and covered the Cowboys, Bayless wrote a book in which he suggested former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman is gay.

Perhaps out of line but at the same time he being a media guy there knew him better than we do and Troy is an older guy in his 40s. Some people are gay and marry straight because of fear. I mean I don't know Troy's parents but if they are still alive they are old white people and having a grandparent in his mid 80s I do understand that way before my time the world was different and less accepting especially by white folks. Things had to be a certain. Way so I could imagine why he would hide the secret and with kids and all by now just sort of push his wants away. Not suggesting he is but it wouldn't be 110% the most farfetched thing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's obviously going to FS1, which I wasn't watching to begin with, especially since they went from trying to be the anti-ESPN, to trying to out-ESPN ESPN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad