Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] Patrick Marleau signs with the Sharks (1 year, $700K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Awesome to see him back in teal although it's a bit of an embarrassing contract

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Happy for him. He was noticeably regressing last year, but I loved him on the Leafs. Glad he's back in San Jose for one last hurrah.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I will always respect him for coming to the leafs when he could have said no and went somewhere else. Yes money and term was a part but the leafs were a wildcard 8th seed. They could have regressed and been back in the lotto. He gave up certainty of playing on a contender to come to a up and coming team.

Sucks how badly he declined from 17/18 to 18'/19. Still he is a player I would not mind seeing win the cup the sharks have a good group of players and have been built pretty much through trades which is always nice to see. Best of luck Marleau and the sharks

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Doug Wilson wanted to give a few younger guys a chance but it turns out they were hot baby diarrhea. So instead, he's going with veteran hot baby diarrhea who can at least provide "leadership" and a "locker room presence" aka just be buddies with Joe Thornton because they are both one hundred and fifty six years old and can listen to shellac 78 RPM records and talk about the railroads and such. You know, intangibles.

I have a nice phonograph for sale if he needs. Hopefully he reads this and send me a PM.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
SJ alone have several players who are worth more, yet this old fart can just sign a deal and get paid $700.000 for it.

Fair has nothing to do with signings, it's more about what you once did.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Too bad it wasn't done a week ago so Marleau could have maintained the iron man streak.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He came out ahead didn’t he?

Got full SB and salary the past 2 years.

Got full SB this year and 2/3 of his salary. His salary was well under $2 million. Think it was around $1.25 mill. So lost out on $417K. But this $700k makes up for it and puts him ahead.

Like Dan girardi who also came out ahead after his buyout from the Rangers and later signing with TB.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
He’s a decent depth option for 700k. He showed telltale signs of regression but he still has his legs and could fill the leadership void left my Pavelski.

I’m happy he gets to go home and finish out his career with the Sharks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hits 15-20g but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him perform well below that bar either.

I wouldn’t have minded him on the Leafs for that price. The problem is that he was making over 6mil and being played on the pp, pk, and during dying minutes of elimination games while trailing by a goal.

Reactions: Ciao

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010

I dont think any one is thinking this.

Hes made over 100 million in his career.

He goes back home to sj.

hes still making 4 plus million from carolina this year so hes making 5 million in total

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I know who he was

And he aint saving this sinking ship......

you apparently don't if you think he is slow, even at his age he isn't slow, hell he is still well above average in skating speed. and this is from someone that thought the sharks should of got rid of him in the late 2000's, and when he left the sharks i was probably one of the happiest, and then when he got bought out and not brought back like he planned i cheered also.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Honestly, I just wish him luck. He was very obviously a character guy here in Toronto. Although he struggled on the ice, he is a great dude who deserves to retire in Sharks teal. He will always be a Shark in my mind.

Reactions: Ciao and o6mopok

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not a fan of the Sharks at all, but I'm kind of glad Marleau gets to finish it out with them.

Reactions: Ciao
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad