Proposal: SJS MTL

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Sharks counter with Vlasic for Luke Tuch
Actually.... Vlasic for Anderson would be fun to consider... if Montreal moved Savard and wanted a veteran presence on D. Anderson is paid less, but has an extra year on his deal, but he's still a serviceable player, just not worth what he's being paid. As a UFA he'd likely get a 2.5M deal for 2 or 3 seasons, despite everything.

EDIT: Adding in something like Harris, Struble or Barron for Bordeleau would help keep both rosters balanced.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
1. You won’t get rid of these contracts so easily.

2. not only you’d have to PAY to get rid of those guys but then pay again to get marginals upgrades then blame the GM for wasting assets
Lol i never said it was a good trade for San Jose all im saying is the habs would do this trade every day of the year

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I think you forgot to include a 1st round pick for taking on Anderson's contract at 5.5M x3 years. (+ another 4.5M with Dvorak).

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Actually.... Vlasic for Anderson would be fun to consider... if Montreal moved Savard and wanted a veteran presence on D. Anderson is paid less, but has an extra year on his deal, but he's still a serviceable player, just not worth what he's being paid. As a UFA he'd likely get a 2.5M deal for 2 or 3 seasons, despite everything.

EDIT: Adding in something like Harris, Struble or Barron for Bordeleau would help keep both rosters balanced.
As a fan of both, I like this idea.

Vlasic + Bords for Anderson + Barron is something I'd be on board with. Though any of those D round l would be fine.

Reactions: pth2

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Haha not my proposal, but I wouldn't immediately quash the idea either.
Last thing the Habs need is a useless overpaid vet LHD. At least Josh Anderson has other qualities that he can employ when motivated. He's also far more likely to rebound to a playable level than Vlasic.

This is a loss-leader. As a Habs fan, you should know better! ;)

Reactions: viceroy

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Last thing the Habs need is a useless overpaid vet LHD. At least Josh Anderson has other qualities that he can employ when motivated. He's also far more likely to rebound to a playable level than Vlasic.

This is a loss-leader. As a Habs fan, you should know better! ;)
Maybe I've just soured on Anderson relative to my respect for Vlasic's contribution as a Shark. I think both are negative value now, but to what extent can be debated.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Maybe I've just soured on Anderson relative to my respect for Vlasic's contribution as a Shark. I think both are negative value now, but to what extent can be debated.
Given that the Habs have an abundance of LHD but lack big, strong powerforward-type players who can chuck-em...

Reactions: viceroy

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Given that the Habs have an abundance of LHD but lack big, strong powerforward-type players who can chuck-em...
Sure, I realize the LHD issue. Not sure Anderson really provides any positive value for the Habs at this point though. I romanticized his contributions at first, but came to realize he wouldn't do it consistently.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sure, I realize the LHD issue. Not sure Anderson really provides any positive value for the Habs at this point though. I romanticized his contributions at first, but came to realize he wouldn't do it consistently.
Meanwhile Vlasic is not an option.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

Feels like the Vlasic ship had sailed at this point. If he was going to be in MTL it wouldve been 3-4 years ago

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Feels like the Vlasic ship had sailed at this point. If he was going to be in MTL it wouldve been 3-4 years ago
I was mostly looking at it as a way of shortening the Anderson contract - better 2 years at 7 than 3 at 5.5. I mistakenly assumed he could play RD, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad