Proposal: SJS MTL

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
I don’t see a reason why San Jose would do that. Also, Habs don’t have cap issues and need depth badly if they want to compete for a playoff spot next year. This does nothing for them as well
The habs would do this so fast and use the $$$ on players that matters.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Read what you write Dvorak and Anderson are massively negative just getting rid of them and Getting actual value on top of that easy trade i think at the end its you who needs to get a grip.
1. You won’t get rid of these contracts so easily.

2. not only you’d have to PAY to get rid of those guys but then pay again to get marginals upgrades then blame the GM for wasting assets

Reactions: jfhabs and viceroy

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs will see those contracts through. They aren’t impacting the cap. We don’t have prospects ready to take their spots. No point paying to dump them. Rebuilding…

Reactions: jfhabs and viceroy

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sharks say no, and habs will sell off Dvorak at the next deadline. He's a pending UFA.
I guess they'll hope Anderson bounces back because that contract is radioactive right now.
Montreal is like the second youngest team in the league, so I'm sure Hughes is going to want to keep some of these guys around - especially with Pearson gone and Dvorak, Armia and Evans all UFAs next summer...
habs have 0 cap issues

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Habs send Dvorak and Anderson to San Jose for Kasper Halttunen. Not a great return....but Habs need the room and San Jose needs players.
We don’t need players that bad. Besides, why wouldn’t those players not have San Jose on their no-trade lists?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Love how the justification here is basically "yeah it sucks, but so what?"

I'm inclined to keep Dvorak until the deadline at this point, he probably has zero value at the moment, they could use the center depth and I feel like he's bound to have a better year playing for a contract.

Reactions: themelkman

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Sharks say no, and habs will sell off Dvorak at the next deadline. He's a pending UFA.
I guess they'll hope Anderson bounces back because that contract is radioactive right now.
Montreal is like the second youngest team in the league, so I'm sure Hughes is going to want to keep some of these guys around - especially with Pearson gone and Dvorak, Armia and Evans all UFAs next summer...
habs have 0 cap issues
Probably this.... Dvorak might be moved this summer if a team needs a C without committing to a long-term contract, but the return would be mediocre, given his high salary relative to his play.

Anderson.... the only thing to do is play him and hope he finds a way to perform.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
Honestly you look delusional man. Lock it up.

'Here is some garbage with negative value, and we will take a good prospect off your hands too'

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why are the Sharks paying a price to take guys you admit suck (otherwise why are they salary dumps?) and are just there to have their bad contracts shed?

"Here's some crap. Now give us a prospect with actual value (moderate though it may be) for the privilege of helping us out."

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why are the Sharks paying a price to take guys you admit suck (otherwise why are they salary dumps?) and are just there to have their bad contracts shed?

"Here's some crap. Now give us a prospect with actual value (moderate though it may be) for the privilege of helping us out."

You mean you don't realize the Sharks exist to serve and service the luminescent glory of the infallible Habitants?

Peasant.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Deal, thank you !
1571000104-chad2.png

• Haha
Reactions: cheechoo

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Habs send Dvorak and Anderson to San Jose for Kasper Halttunen. Not a great return....but Habs need the room and San Jose needs players.

Why do the habs need the room? They might make a dach/newhook type of trade if it presents itself, but they won't be breaking the bank for anyone this summer.

Reactions: CDN24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad