Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] Jonah Gadjovich claimed off waivers by the Sharks from the Canucks

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Fairly certain Motte's out as well, so I'm surprised they waived him at this juncture. Even if he doesn't PK he's still a young asset, and especially considering how the team had been looking for a power forward since we got Virtanen and then Gadjovich, it sucks to see that both are no longer with us. Good luck to him but hope he doesn't become the next Lucic or play hard against us as the shift disturber that we've wanted to have (esp. now that Ferland is basically retired).

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
Death by a thousand cuts with Benning. This isn’t Juolevi over Tkachuk disappointing, but damn, the guy just figured out his major flaw, and he’s waived over a bunch of scrubs. Ugh.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Before the waiver claim:

Guisseppe to me has clearly made the team. He is a very solid 4th liner. Super reliable defensively and great on board battles.

Lockwood needs more time in the AHL. would love for him to just marinate and get massive ice time in a top 6 role.

Gadjovich has shown well. Waiting to see his footspeed later on in the pre seaosn vs actual NHL players.

For Van:

Philip Diguiseppe and Jonah 'Manchild" Gadjovich have shown very well

Jack Rathbone as well looks like a top 4 Dman. Reminds me of Brian 'Soup' Campbell every time I watch him play.

Harvard has done really well producing Dmen lately, Rathbone might be the next exhibit.

-Adam Fox
-Marino

After the waiver claim:

Farm is one of the worst in the leagues for sure now.

but thats cuz we had 3 straight season with a Calder Winner or Finalist and I believe was listed as a top5 u25 lineups in the NHL.

and then young guys like Hoglander Podkolzin Rathbone made it straight to the show.

Theyve also traded 1st round picks for legit NHLers like Garland, OEL and JT Miller

The only real NHLers I see in the pipe for the Canucks coming up is

Dipietro Woo Lockwood Klimovich.

Gadjovich is a dime a dozen prospect that is an AHL/NHL tweener.

Heck, Canucks even have Justin Bailey who is an AHL/NHL tweener and Gadjovich not as good as him.

Canucks will probably send down Macewan as well, he has been vanilla at camp.

I'm real f***ing sick of your gaslighting for management.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I'm real f***ing sick of your gaslighting for management.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
He might have ended up being a tweener, but after following him for a few years, having the team relocate to Abby, I was excited to see him play there if I got to see any games this year.

AHL roster should be pretty solid, but would have liked to have more prospects from Utica that I have followed there, would have made it feel cooler seeing them finally.

Oh well hopefully he gets a shot with SJS.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
When this guy goes 0G-2A in 13 games and is waived and sent to the minors in a couple months, a lot of people gonna try to pretend like they didn't post in this thread

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
When this guy goes 0G-2A in 13 games and is waived and sent to the minors in a couple months, a lot of people gonna try to pretend like they didn't post in this thread
I think that’s why I like this pick up. He does more than just score which is something we need more of. We have lots of soft or just not physical guys.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Gadjovich was listed as the 5th best player under 23 for the Canucks by Corey Pronman this year. Either he is way off or Benning took a really dumb risk thinking he might clear waivers. My guess is the latter. Hearing that multiple teams tried to claim him. Surely he would have had some trade value?
Knowing Benning he probably thought he was waiver exempt.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
For everyone bagging on the Canucks here, who would take the over on 18 points this season from Gadjovich?

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

Why is that? This is a player on waivers, 99% guarantee he might not even last that many games or get any points...

What he will bring is some size to your line up, give it his all and stick up for his teammates...

Waivers aren't for finding a ppg player or game changer, rarely some good players come from it. Canucks got lucky few years back sneaking Markstrom down, after an untelevised game vs the Sharks I think??

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
First time I hear of an ELC-contract being claimed on waivers. I always thought they were auto-excempt. So, I was wrong, again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad