Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] Jonah Gadjovich claimed off waivers by the Sharks from the Canucks

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Benning such a f***ing idiot….

Lockwood didn’t even require waivers and Dries, Chaisson, Dowling are nobodies and would have cleared easily…

Just an awful GM who’s made the playoffs once in his 8 year tenure and has dealt away multiple 1st rounders…. Horrible and long term crippling….

so sick of losing picks and players for nothing.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
What does he project to be? Weird we claimed him while we have a bunch of AHL tweeners fighting for the last forward spots, unless Doug really likes what this guy has.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
What does he project to be? Weird we claimed him while we have a bunch of AHL tweeners fighting for the last forward spots, unless Doug really likes what this guy has.
4th line winger with grit and knack for scoring in tight. Has had glaring skating issues, but he seemed a lot faster this preseason. It felt like Nucks staff wanted to hide him and barely played him in the preseason so he’d clear but alas. Pretty upset he wasn’t given a real chance.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

Lockwood didn’t even require waivers and Dries, Chaisson, Dowling are nobodies and would have cleared easily…

Just an awful GM who’s made the playoffs once in his 8 year tenure and has dealt away multiple 1st rounders…. Horrible and long term crippling….

How the heck does a GM who makes the playoff 1 in 8 years still have a job with said team?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Good thing we get to watch the likes of completely known entities like Chiasson and Petan along with MacEwan who has had a terrible camp.

A little bit of reading would show he’s had a good camp, improved his skating and he scored in the AHL last year. I’m not shocked he got claimed. Though I likely wouldn’t have been shocked if he wasn’t either. But this was the wrong call based on camp performance.

Canucks lose depth again.

Good luck in San Jose.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Because Benning bet on the oft injured Sutter to be his pk 4C. But he’s hurt again and Benning didn’t have a good backup plan as the 13 F to cover for him for long stretches.

plus the organization has done a poor job of developing or coaching up other middle 6 forwards to be backup PKers.

as for Gadjovich, I do think he needs more seasoning in the AHL. But see how Boughner uses him over the first 6 weeks of the season.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017

While I agree on all points about Benning, I think for this particular situation blame should also Coach Green not giving Jonah a chance to show hist stuff in the preseason. He didn't even play the last few games. When he did play he looked really good, better than Mac, much better infact.

Really sucks to lose him, but I hope SJ gives him a real chance. Such a shame as I was a big fan of his game and he looked faster this year. Great hands, tough as nails, tons of character, just skating the only issue.

All the best Inspector Gadjet!

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Because Benning bet on the oft injured Sutter to be his pk 4C. But he’s hurt again and Benning didn’t have a good backup plan as the 13 F to cover for him for long stretches.

plus the organization has done a poor job of developing or coaching up other middle 6 forwards to be backup PKers.

as for Gadjovich, I do think he needs more seasoning in the AHL. But see how Boughner uses him over the first 6 weeks of the season.
I’m not sure where he’s gonna fit on the sharks. We have a lot of bottom six wingers

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
How the heck does a GM who makes the playoff 1 in 8 years still have a job with said team?
I feel your pain.

Mike Milbury traded Chara and a first round pick (Spezza) for Yashin then signed him for $90M.

He also traded Luongo and Jokinen for Parrish and Kvasha.

He was equally bad as a coach:
46W-111L-24T

Oh yeah… and he sucked as a TV commentator.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00