Sizing Up the Division : Where Will the Red Wings Finish?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
It just seems like Detroit has struggled against Montreal since joining the East. I don't want to go against the best goalie in the NHL at the moment either. (Who would?)

Detroit seems to not be able to move the puck against Montreal. Every game seemed like they would just try to play dump and chase and the Canadiens D would shut down our forwards and never let them get their puck-possession system going. Idk, could just be me, but I think it's frustrating watching Detroit play Montreal

You're not wrong : Detroit is 3-5 in the last 5 years, with 19 goals for and 35 goals against. Watching Detroit play against Montreal, you know Montreal is going to end up winning somehow.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
At this stage of their careers, and with recent track records, I'd expect significant games missed due to injury to be the norm for Datsyuk and Zetterberg. It's already a given that Pavel is out to start the season, and between Richards and Zetterberg, that's yet another year of a lot of miles on the tires for whoever is at 1C in the interim.

Agree on Datsyuk, not so sure about Z. He missed a lot of games two seasons ago, but besides that he hasn't missed really significant time since 2006-07. He may slow down, but his injury reputation is largely overblown.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You're not wrong : Detroit is 3-5 in the last 5 years, with 19 goals for and 35 goals against. Watching Detroit play against Montreal, you know Montreal is going to end up winning somehow.

Looks like Babcock was out of ideas against them. No team is unbeatable, system-vise. Our material is enough to beat them.

Maybe Blashill will find a way.

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana

Doesn't help when Howard let's in wrist shots from the boards in OT (We still made the playoffs that night at least :yo:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad