Sitwell Enterprises II, Teams Open!

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
Sorry, wasn't referring to the advance. Just really want teams to fill up and the league to be super active again.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I dont know Argar, looking through the list of remaining teams it seems that there's only 17 teams filled right now and its a very unstable 17. Even if Price gets a team we're still only about halfway full.

Sadly, it might be best to fold Sitwell up for the time being. I was telling Santillo this earlier but It seems like there's about 6-8 GM Leagues on HF right now and all of them are a) Only 20-25 teams full and/or b) nowhere near as active as Bluth.

Maybe having two leagues isn't possible at the moment. I'd love to have two leagues of course, but unless there's enough people i just dont see how fun it can really be.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
:sharks

are open as well. I was forced into them by Jack anyways
Be way too busy with REBORN

goodluck ArGarBarGar, much love guy

(its nothing but a headache , lol)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, it honestly is looking grim for Sitwell.

If this ends up folding, I would either consider trying a new GMC league with a fantasy draft, or just completely scrap the idea of two leagues and just have Bluth to focus on.

Not sure how receptive people would be to the first option, but I've always had fun playing Dynasty mode with completely randomized rosters.

richyy03

"We're all mad here"
Aug 19, 2012
Ottawa, ON

If this ends up folding, I would either consider trying a new GMC league with a fantasy draft, or just completely scrap the idea of two leagues and just have Bluth to focus on.

Not sure how receptive people would be to the first option, but I've always had fun playing Dynasty mode with completely randomized rosters.

Yeah I'd say put it to a vote. I believe we should keep the league going/or randomize. Having only one league gets kinda blah when you finish most of your games in a day.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Random Rosters wouldn't be a terrible idea. The league could be A LOT less strict with trade rules and franchise players and all that. A total opposite of Bluth.

Although every time i do random rosters everyone's team seems to be just awful.

richyy03

"We're all mad here"
Aug 19, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Random Rosters wouldn't be a terrible idea. The league could be A LOT less strict with trade rules and franchise players and all that. A total opposite of Bluth.

Although every time i do random rosters everyone's team seems to be just awful.

Apparently they also changed the pre-made rosters when they did the update.

Honestly I wouldn't mind giving it a try, I mean if multiple teams are awful, just scrap it and go back to regular teams.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I'd been working from home until recently and thus had a lot of times for several leagues, but I got an in office contract today so sadly I can't be in this league on top of Bluth!

Sorry guys

:(

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
I dont know Argar, looking through the list of remaining teams it seems that there's only 17 teams filled right now and its a very unstable 17. Even if Price gets a team we're still only about halfway full.

Sadly, it might be best to fold Sitwell up for the time being. I was telling Santillo this earlier but It seems like there's about 6-8 GM Leagues on HF right now and all of them are a) Only 20-25 teams full and/or b) nowhere near as active as Bluth.

Maybe having two leagues isn't possible at the moment. I'd love to have two leagues of course, but unless there's enough people i just dont see how fun it can really be.

I was thinking this, but didn't want to say it.

:leafs vote to fold Sitwell. :(

On the bright side, if Bluth games get finished early we can actually play some club games again!

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
Guys I spoke to Fuss about making a new league and trying to make it different/unique in itself so that it can hopefully be as active as Bluth...these are my ideas..let me know if it interests you:

Here are my ideas:

1. Have updated rosters

2. Franchise rule where you have 1 forward, 1 defensemen or goalie and 1 prospect that you cant trade whatsoever unless he's 36+

3. Either we have 2 trades/season + 1 bonus trade at trade deadline (spice things up at deadline) OR unlimited trades since we have the Franchise Rule to make sure core/face of the franchise stays on the team so it shouldnt be too bad as long as the trades are fair, trading is fun so it will spark more interest

4. We can sim to season 2-3 so that prospects are already slightly developed which makes the league already unique in itself y being advanced already..or start from season 1 whichever u guys prefer

5. IF you guys want you can send me a PM or post in the eventual thread top 3-5 teams you would want and we would do a Draft on who gets what team (thought might be interesting) or we just pick different teams from Bluth so nobody has same team twice

6. People from Bluth have first dibs on picking teams as they (in my opinion) are the most active and reliable

7. Advancing would be every 2 days so lets say its advanced Sunday at 10PM than Tuesday 10PM we advance again...that way we have faster advances...double advances would be every 2-3 advances

let me know what you guys think...like i said i spoke to Fuss and trying to get Argar on board (he's put in a lot of effort to restore Sitwell) only any of this happens is if we get commitment out of a lot of ppl

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
I think the problem is finding active, reliable people to join the league and not the league itself. I've seen this issue numerous times in other leagues with players joining a league with minimal rules, trading like idiots for a couple weeks and then bailing. Then it gets tough to fill those teams and then the league just starts to fall apart.

One thing that would be really cool to try is a fantasy draft. But would be nearly impossible to get 30 guys on board and find a time where everyone is available at the same time to do it.

Stockey

Let's Go Buffalo!
Dec 1, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think the problem is finding active, reliable people to join the league and not the league itself. I've seen this issue numerous times in other leagues with players joining a league with minimal rules, trading like idiots for a couple weeks and then bailing. Then it gets tough to fill those teams and then the league just starts to fall apart.

One thing that would be really cool to try is a fantasy draft. But would be nearly impossible to get 30 guys on board and find a time where everyone is available at the same time to do it.

Fantasy draft would be sick. And everybody wouldn't have to be on at the same time really. It could be a draft over a period of days.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Looks like Bluth + Club is the only way to go for a while. Anyone in Sitwell that is not currently in Bluth is more than welcome to join Bluth.

:bruins :flames :rangers (maybe) :ducks :edmonton are all available

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
We'd need 30 GMs to do it though. Not 20ish, otherwise teams without GMs will be totally screwed.

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
Fantasy draft would be sick. And everybody wouldn't have to be on at the same time really. It could be a draft over a period of days.

I did not know that. That kind of changes everything. Anyone else want to try a fantasy drafted league?

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto

I honestly wouldn't mind this at all, it would be a pretty cool idea. We would have to make an enormous list of players though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I did not know that. That kind of changes everything. Anyone else want to try a fantasy drafted league?

It would be cool but again, we'd have to have 30, NOT 20ish guys in the league. It wouldn't be too difficult at all.

Just have the Commish (I wouldn't mind running the draft) receive 30 lists of draft priorities via pm or something like that for every draft round

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
While a fantasy draft would be very, very tricky to get working well, I think it would be really cool if it worked out. Plus it might be a way to draw in new people from the 6-8 leagues that all have the same base of rules.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Fantasy draft would require a lot (and I mean A LOT) of busywork to work effectively.

1. Time periods where people select their players for each round. With 30 rounds this could take an incredibly long time.

2. Making a list of all the available players. GMs would need to look at each of their overalls and see what works best for each round, increasing the amount of time and effort for individual GMs

3. Implementing these rosters once the draft is completed. There is no way to make these roster changes in a random league, and using trades would be ridiculously complicated.

I would be for a fantasy draft, but the logistics seem way too problematic for it to be effective.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
It would be cool but again, we'd have to have 30, NOT 20ish guys in the league. It wouldn't be too difficult at all.

Just have the Commish (I wouldn't mind running the draft) receive 30 lists of draft priorities via pm or something like that for every draft round

I actually really like the priority list. If each gm sends you a list of roughly 60-120 players as a priority list, then 2-4 rounds could be run through relatively quickly. Then this could be repeated with however many players you want on each list.

I think the toughest part may be getting the rosters set up once the league is launched, since each gm would have to make about 20-30 trades.

Stockey

Let's Go Buffalo!
Dec 1, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yeah the roster set up might make it really hard. Not impossible. But incredible communication and cooperation would be needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad