SinfulCobraZ GM Game Discussion Pt. 2

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I don't really factor in chemistry that much because you never really know on paper. The only thing I will say is if there is a D pairing of like Green-Goligoski I'll be like "Woah, no defense there", but I don't even try to guess at chemistry.

Experience helps some, but not as big of a deal to me.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
Personnally I dont think it's stupid per se, but I think people put too much emphasis on this. 100 points players are better and will most likely outperform 50 points players, experience or not.

And in this particular case the experience thing is exagerrated, both teams have about the same amount of players who were SC finalists or winners at some point in their career, and both also have players with barely any PO experience.

Exactly. No offense whatsoever to Produce but his top 2 centers would by my 3rd and 4th line centers. This is the most important forward position. I've got Gaborik and Nash to match up with Parise and Perry.

Doughty + Edler + Green + McDonagh. Thats four ELITE #1 defenseman.

Produce has got one of the best teams in this game no doubt and I voted him Division Winner in the standings and it makes sense that they could win this series, I am not saying that his team sucks but I dont like that people are voting against me because I dont have experienced players.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't really factor in chemistry that much because you never really know on paper. The only thing I will say is if there is a D pairing of like Green-Goligoski I'll be like "Woah, no defense there", but I don't even try to guess at chemistry.

Experience helps some, but not as big of a deal to me.

Agreed, I take experience into consideration when it's somewhat players of the same level, ex: two PPG players, the one with more experience have an edge IMO... but of both players arent of the same calibre, experience doesnt matter, at all.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Exactly. No offense whatsoever to Produce but his top 2 centers would by my 3rd and 4th line centers. This is the most important forward position. I've got Gaborik and Nash to match up with Parise and Perry.

Produce has got one of the best teams in this game no doubt and I voted him Division Winner in the standings and it makes sense that they could win this series, I am not saying that his team sucks but I dont like that people are voting against me because I dont have experienced players.

I agree with everything in this post except for 2 things.

1. Gabby and Nash are close to Parise and Perry, but not quite there.

2. Mike Green is a #2/#3 defenseman. The term "elite #1" should never be used near this name.

That said, still voted for you

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

cup winner and cup finalist right there... and a C. Smythe winner in net... so, experience ? meh

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

I think in terms of pure DEFENSE, my team is better. Edler and Green wander a lot, leaves them out of position. Not saying they are bad, they are terrific 2-way guys so they are expected to chip in. But if I need to prevent a goal from going in, I'd take my D. And this team's bottom 6 is probably the best bottom 6 I have ever had.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
I think in terms of pure DEFENSE, my team is better. Edler and Green wander a lot, leaves them out of position. Not saying they are bad, they are terrific 2-way guys so they are expected to chip in. But if I need to prevent a goal from going in, I'd take my D. And this team's bottom 6 is probably the best bottom 6 I have ever had.

Again, I am not saying your team is bad. Its probably one of the best in this game. However, in all honesty, if your team could afford Doughty, Edler, Green, and McDonagh and have Quick in net along iwth Kopitar and Thornton as your #1 and #2 centers and have two elite first line wingers in Nash and Gaborik, I am sure you would take that. ;)

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Again, I am not saying your team is bad. Its probably one of the best in this game. However, in all honesty, if your team could afford Doughty, Edler, Green, and McDonagh and have Quick in net along iwth Kopitar and Thornton as your #1 and #2 centers and have two elite first line wingers in Nash and Gaborik, I am sure you would take that. ;)

No doubt, I never said anything to the contrary.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
difference is on the wings

2nd line wingers
- Moulson : 69 pts last year
- Ryder : 62 pts last year (and he's a cup winner).

on the other side :
- Parize (I think everyone know who he is, no need for presentation)
- Stalberg...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad