Prospect Info: Simon Nemec - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikGusev97

Oct 3, 2019
New Jersey
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nemec can do. Injury realities mean that he's going to be playing a lot now.

He seemed pretty fearless and not tentative at all in his first game. Great sign.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

BavelPure

Aug 24, 2005
He was both calm, aggressive, and skilled in his debut. He has a lot going for him and it's immediatly apparent, just needs to now keep getting experience and improve every game and practice.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
another great game. so good outside the crease tonight, multiple tie ups and stick checks to cut off high danger chances. somehow even more confident on the puck. a couple teeth clencher moments for sure, that one pass attempt in particular, but at the end of the day hes still experimenting, and with how elite his vision and playmaking is, im totally fine with it at this point. PK deployment was well deserved. all the stuff he spent the last season and change working on in utica (physicality, def zone positioning, managing his activations, etc.) has shown well at this level so far. more than impressed by the player, im very happy with the progression of his game

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
another great game. so good outside the crease tonight, multiple tie ups and stick checks to cut off high danger chances. somehow even more confident on the puck. a couple teeth clencher moments for sure, that one pass attempt in particular, but at the end of the day hes still experimenting, and with how elite his vision and playmaking is, im totally fine with it at this point. PK deployment was well deserved. all the stuff he spent the last season and change working on in utica (physicality, def zone positioning, managing his activations, etc.) has shown well at this level so far. more than impressed by the player, im very happy with the progression of his game
With STI not around as much, I love reading your posts on prospects.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Solid game. Good defensively for the most part and particularly impressive on the PK. Really telling that Lindy trust him this much right off the hop (almost like they know he should’ve made the team out of camp).

Wasn’t able to get very involved offensively as him and Siegenthaler had mostly tough defensive matchups. But I still love his offensive movement and how he sees the ice and looks to put himself in good areas to get chances (ex. Going back door for Bratt pass that went of his feet).

One area he needs to clean up is a couple very risky breakout passes that could’ve led to goals against. Sometimes he’s a little too poised and risky in dangerous areas but I’m sure that will fix itself over time. Glad the coaches let him play through that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He’s just so polished already

Did not expect that. I saw the same thing in pre season but I thought it was just preseason opposition.... Glad to be wrong!

Luke actually has some competition for best rookie D on our team. Better keep his game up lol...
Given he's not a talented high end skater ala Luke, not a big physical guy, and given he's been playing pro for forever, it does make sense that he comes in this polished.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He had a zone exit last game where he was really moving. The Hughes bros are in their own tier, but he looked super explosive.
I dunno if I've seen super explosive, obviously a good skater, hard to get drafted that high and not be a good skater, and I think he's done well getting back on D when it looks like the opposition has a step. I actually think we get back to that "polished" term when talking about his skating strength.

But do I think his amongst the top skating d-men in the league, no, not really, definitely at least a tier below, at least at this point.

I actually think he's a guy that could benefit, like Holtz, of getting in better physical condition.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
If we’re comparing anyone’s skating to Luke’s , we’re going to be disappointed.

Nemec is a very good and efficient skater in his own right. His acceleration is also very good, I always go back to @Guttersniped’s comments about that. He’s a very good skater. Hughes is on another level compared to almost anyone else in the league.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I can personally confirm that Nemec is not as good a skater as Luke Hughes, the fastest defenseman in the NHL.
Sorry, Luke’s fan boys, but he looks smarter and defensively savvier. Bam, +10 ignore lists. They are play little bit different games, both have different and huge upside on the both ends of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad