Prospect Info: Simon Nemec - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
@NJDevs26 's anti tiramisu agenda has been clear for quite some time.

9fa40c78-87ec-4888-a116-887d7672e6e0_text.gif

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If there was re-draft, where does Nemec go? I think right now every agrees that Slafkovsky has dropped out of #1 and that it would probably be Cooley taken first overall.

But the #2 pick is interesting. I think right now in a vacuum, I would argue it's a three way tie between Nemec, Jiricek, and Mintyukov. Three defensemen who all bring something different to the table. I think we still take Nemec at #2 given Fitz's priorities and the state of our prospect pool.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If there was re-draft, where does Nemec go? I think right now every agrees that Slafkovsky has dropped out of #1 and that it would probably be Cooley taken first overall.

But the #2 pick is interesting. I think right now in a vacuum, I would argue it's a three way tie between Nemec, Jiricek, and Mintyukov. Three defensemen who all bring something different to the table. I think we still take Nemec at #2 given Fitz's priorities and the state of our prospect pool.
Lane Hutson goes ahead of all of them. He probably goes ahead of McDavid also.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Absolutetly agree, I think. ducks, devils and jackets fans are all happy with their defensemen, all of them are showing good two way game(Jiricek may be is more offensive than defensive).
Its interesting how same gms would act if they would have an opportunity for redraft and lets just imagine that 1OA would go to John Johnsson the son of the John Johnsson. I think Fitz would made the same choice even if he would have Slaf and Cooley on the table. Mtl should definitely pick Cooley(but I dont know, they are not great organisation, they could really draft Hutson by their first pick like My3sons said). Its interesting how Arizona would act if they would not have Cooley on the table - I think they would prefer to draft defenseman - Jiricek or Mintyukov (Cooley is 1st, Nemec is 2nd) and would prefer to draft other player by their 6th pick in 2023. Slaf would not be fall a lot, may be top-5/7. Wright could fall out from top-10.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Absolutetly agree, I think. ducks, devils and jackets fans are all happy with their defensemen, all of them are showing good two way game(Jiricek may be is more offensive than defensive).
Its interesting how same gms would act if they would have an opportunity for redraft and lets just imagine that 1OA would go to John Johnsson the son of the John Johnsson. I think Fitz would made the same choice even if he would have Slaf and Cooley on the table.
Going into the draft I was 100% convinced that Fitz would take Slafkovsky if he was on the board. Big, physical, shoot-first power guy that sounds like a great fit with Jack. But with Slaf underperforming so far and the recent moves we've made to get bigger and heavier, I am inclined to agree with you. He goes defenseman over forward every time.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Going into the draft I was 100% convinced that Fitz would take Slafkovsky if he was on the board. Big, physical, shoot-first power guy that sounds like a great fit with Jack. But with Slaf underperforming so far and the recent moves we've made to get bigger and heavier, I am inclined to agree with you. He goes defenseman over forward every time.
In the moment? Yeah. But with actual info I think he would prefer Nemec over Slaf and Cooley. That was very fun draft in the moment and now it looks like even after one year only there would be a lot of changes. Casey in the best defenseman in NCAA now, at least in points, he could be drafted in top-15\top-20.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
In the moment? Yeah. But with actual info I think he would prefer Nemec over Slaf and Cooley. That was very fun draft in the moment and now it looks like even after one year only there would be a lot of changes. Casey in the best defenseman in NCAA now, at least in points, he could be drafted in top-15\top-20.

Casey would go first in a redraft. If Hutson would go first in a redraft and Casey is now outscoring Hutson then clearly Casey would go first. The logic is unassailable. Makes total sense when you don’t think about it.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

Still too early imo. I know it might sound insane, but for all we know, it should've been Casey at #2. Like I said, too early right now, but right now I would say Nemec stays at #2. I'm also still very high on McGroarty.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland

Still too early imo. I know it might sound insane, but for all we know, it should've been Casey at #2. Like I said, too early right now, but right now I would say Nemec stays at #2. I'm also still very high on McGroarty.
Korchinski is also an interesting prospect. Offensively very flashy, but defensively has a lot of work to do.

Reactions: Guadana

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I do think that if the Devils did get Slafkovksy the organization would have managed him better. NJ isn't a Huge market plus isn't terribly negative and the team at the time wouldn't have needed to have Slafkovsky play in the NHL, He could have marinated in the AHL if need be. Him Playing with Hughes or Hischier would have also been better then random 3rd/4th line plugs in Montreal.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I do think that if the Devils did get Slafkovksy the organization would have managed him better. NJ isn't a Huge market plus isn't terribly negative and the team at the time wouldn't have needed to have Slafkovsky play in the NHL, He could have marinated in the AHL if need be. Him Playing with Hughes or Hischier would have also been better then random 3rd/4th line plugs in Montreal.
No chance he’s playing with Hughes or Hischier. Holtz isn’t playing top 6. The days of the Devils plugging prospects into major roles is gone. Kids now will need to start at the bottom and work their way up. We’re seeing it with Hughes and Holtz. Will continue with Nemec whenever he’s called up.

Reactions: My3Sons

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
No chance he’s playing with Hughes or Hischier. Holtz isn’t playing top 6. The days of the Devils plugging prospects into major roles is gone. Kids now will need to start at the bottom and work their way up. We’re seeing it with Hughes and Holtz. Will continue with Nemec whenever he’s called up.
At the time we had Tatar, Sharangovich, and Palat for a little bit on the LW. There definitely would have been a chance for Slafkovsky to get some time with Hischier or Hughes.

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad