Speculation: Simmer down (on Sens vets)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’m actually happy some of the rookies aren’t playing (Brown, Balcers, Formenton, Wolanin) because reality is about to hit the fan base as to how bad the team really is. Let’s the vets take the blame and the rookies come in when things are sour and it’s been a king winter.

But agree that Boedker and Ennis need to go.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

IMO, he’s missing Anderson from the list.

How many of these players would make any other team in the league?

Oh, and our brilliant management group named 2 of them captains.

Anderson with the team is fine. Putting any our prospect goalies behind this team would be a great way to undermine their confidence and do long term damage.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Anderson with the team is fine. Putting any our prospect goalies behind this team would be a great way to undermine their confidence and do long term damage.

I still would have liked Hogberg be the backup this year. He's ready to be a backup and can learn from Anderson/Nilsson.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
In a previous post I agreed that all of these guys are replacement level as most of us easily knew but personally I wouldn't be replacing them with any hopeful youth....not on this roster that's for sure, keep anyone with skill far away if at all possible and let these current group of mostly fringe players go through the motions...dont need that passed along to the next generation of players imo. Hopefully real ownership comes along in the next few years so we can start our rebuild up and look towards greener days....i worry for Chabot and Tkachuk.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Still a bit early. And other teams around the league are still setting their rosters and fine-tuning.

If we have this exact roster by December, I may start to wonder.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It buys the youth time, we aren't really trying to win games.

Honestly, the game was a snooze fest but it was a marked improvement from the last game. This is why DJ Smith's operational word is "process". It isn't complicated or mysterious.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Still a bit early. And other teams around the league are still setting their rosters and fine-tuning.

If we have this exact roster by December, I may start to wonder.

I expect the roster to mostly be the same but have the kids play more important roles by then.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You plug-in Balcers for Boedker and Formenton for Ennis and I think it improves the lineup, but doesn’t move the needle much

Balcers is injured and Formenton is overrated (I don't think he'll be more than a bottom 6 player in the NHL).

The veterans are here so that we don't hand the kids jobs, not to help us win games.

Ennis and Boedker are fringe players, I'd rather not have to watch them, but they have a role to play in the reduild: insulate our youth. Steady as she goes right now.

Reactions: Sen sational

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'm honestly so torn, because I do believe that management is subtly tanking this season and shielding the kids. And that's obviously the way to go.

But on the other hand, it would be a lot more interesting not watching these super shitty players..

Reactions: NB613

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm honestly so torn, because I do believe that management is subtly tanking this season and shielding the kids. And that's obviously the way to go.

But on the other hand, it would be a lot more interesting not watching these super ****ty players..

You can't tank without icing a very bad team.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
You know you are f***ed when the guy that is handling your rebuild traded Karlsson, Hoffman and Zibenejad and didn't get a single blue chip prospect back. Not to mention traded 1 year of Ceci for 5 more years of equivalent Ceci.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What were you guys expecting ? I find it a bit concerning that there are some people who are angry or surprised on how bad we are ? Did you not see the roster before today ? We are clearly tanking. The kids will be sprinkled in here and there but the whole point of the vets is the take the full force grind of losing so many games

Reactions: coladin

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
For the next three years I think we should be loading the team with overpaid vets and role guys via ufa that are still serviceable and will have some value at the deadline. Basically sell it to them as "come to ottawa, we'll overpay on a one year deal, put you in a prime role on our shitty team, and then move you to a competitor at the deadline". More pay + bigger role + a shot at the cup.

Keep bottoming out and keep the kids in the minors unless they kick the door in. Then roll out a legit squad based on a bumper cohort of star lottery picks and young talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad