TV: Silicon Valley Pt 2

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The first 5-10 or so minutes felt completely off to me. Felt like a completely different writing team or something, none of the jokes were landing. Picked up nicely after that though.

I really hope they don't keep that "Holden being crazy" thing up. The dynamic of Jared being intimidating to Holden was a nice touch, but the way he was after the jump forward was just cringe-worthy.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This season was mediocre at best, probably about the same as season 4. At least they changed the story a bit from how repetitive seasons 1-4 had gotten. I was really sick of them having the same rise and fall story line every year only to start at the same point again next year, at least they actually were successful this season.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Did not realize it was the season finale, though it felt like one. Was a good episode, season definitely was going to be down a notch with no Bachman Erlich

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm bumping this thread, as I just caught up with season 5. I really enjoyed it. Back half was strong, as it usually is with thjs show, but it was nice to see them progress. Watching them dealing with the challenges of a bigger team was good.

It feels like Jared was featured more this season, which is always a smart move.

The one part I could do without was the running Tesla gag, which I assume was a form of product placement.

I also didn't miss Ehrlich from the show. I always enjoyed him, but everyone seems to have filled in, and that character didn't have much farther to go anyways.

I did like the plotlinseof the attempt at American manufacturing, and the commentary on the impact on the community.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad