TV: Silicon Valley Pt 2

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I still enjoy the show and am enjoying the season so far. but perhaps that's because I worked for a tech startup for brief interlude.

Also, did anybody notice the opening credits? Facebook sign lettering appears for a brief second with Cyrillic letters. They spelled it incorrectly, but I chuckled.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I still enjoy the show and am enjoying the season so far. but perhaps that's because I worked for a tech startup for brief interlude.

Also, did anybody notice the opening credits? Facebook sign lettering appears for a brief second with Cyrillic letters. They spelled it incorrectly, but I chuckled.

Indeed.

They also added Coinbase with cryptocurrencies coins :yo:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Oh well, guess he'll never be back for good now.

It's a shame since the Asian kid, who was once pretty funny, is absolutely killing the show at this point. It's the same old thing with him everytime he's on screen. Yawn.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Oh well, guess he'll never be back for good now.

It's a shame since the Asian kid, who was once pretty funny, is absolutely killing the show at this point. It's the same old thing with him everytime he's on screen. Yawn.
Jing Yiang was so closely tied to Bachman's character, his character was undoubtedly going to suffer after TJ Miller moved on. Still think the rest of the show holds up well without him. Considering it was a main cast of 5, the other 4 really didn't rely much on Bachman.

I think the Richard/Jared stuff has been fantastic so far this season, Dinesh/Gilfoyle have been kind of meh, and not really like the Jing Yang stuff.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Jing Yiang was so closely tied to Bachman's character, his character was undoubtedly going to suffer after TJ Miller moved on. Still think the rest of the show holds up well without him. Considering it was a main cast of 5, the other 4 really didn't rely much on Bachman.

I think the Richard/Jared stuff has been fantastic so far this season, Dinesh/Gilfoyle have been kind of meh, and not really like the Jing Yang stuff.

Agree with all of this.

Reactions: Ted Lasso

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Was there even a single female in this week's episode?

This season seems like maybe they reduced the budget or something? Even the music seems off. They had some sappy canned background music towards the end of this ep that struck me as cheap and bad.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's pretty good.

It has its "Entourage" moments where a complex problem is miraculously solved very easily but I'm still watching.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Felt like I recognized the guy who played Ariel, but it seems he's basically only had random bit parts throughout his career, none of which I recognized. Thought he did an awesome job.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm super glad to see Big Head making a return here, hopefully it leads to more with him. Honestly with Miller moving on, Judge and his writing staff should've been working on how to make Jian Yang, Monica, and Big Head more central to the show. It appears (as of now) that they may have done that with Jian Yang (looks like he could be Richard's next antagonist) and Big Head (once again failing upwards as he still owns all of Erlich's stuff). Monica needs to be involved more, in my opinion.

The show is still good, highly watchable, and it's held up real good on repeat viewings (I actually just randomly did another re-watch over the last few weeks...it's quite easy given the episode totals in each season and how long each episode is).

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I thought the episode was funny but not sure what the point was, the only thing that happened is we see a different side of Richard but that shouldnt be the only thing that comes from an entire episode

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I thought the episode was funny but not sure what the point was, the only thing that happened is we see a different side of Richard but that shouldnt be the only thing that comes from an entire episode

I think one of the themes of the season is that Richard is slowly exchibiting Gavin Belson like behaviour. You know, the ones the robot listed.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
This past Sunday was the finale? I haven't watched the last episode yet, how many episodes was this season? I feel like it just started!

I was completely unaware it was the finale as well. Kinda changed my expectations of the episode when I saw that it was. Plot device seemed a little off, but overall an enjoyable episode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad